• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Alabama only wins by 25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
against a very solid Virginia Tech team at that.... And people are already writing them off to finish the 3peat... Well they will only get better as the season goes along.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone is writing them off.

I think many were expecting more than 200 yards offensively and the subpar performance by the o-line and AJ

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted that we would struggle on offense the first half and I even stated that I wouldn't have been surprised if VT had the lead at halftime. I did not expect us to struggle the entire game though. I believed the O-line would come to together in the second half and blow them out, which didn't happen. It's only fair that people criticize Bama's offense and expect them to lose a couple of games after that bad offensive showing against VT.

I'm very curious if the offense was really that bad or was a large amount of it's struggles because we had a large lead due to special teams and the pick 6 which resulted in very simple play calling as not to run up the score or show aTm anything.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted that we would struggle on offense the first half and I even stated that I wouldn't have been surprised if VT had the lead at halftime. I did not expect us to struggle the entire game though. I believed the O-line would come to together in the second half and blow them out, which didn't happen. It's only fair that people criticize Bama's offense and expect them to lose a couple of games after that bad offensive showing against VT.

I'm very curious if the offense was really that bad or was a large amount of it's struggles because
we had a large lead due to special teams and the pick 6 which resulted in very simple play calling as not to run up the score or show aTm anything.

:noidea:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm very curious if the offense was really that bad or was a large amount of it's struggles because we had a large lead due to special teams and the pick 6 which resulted in very simple play calling as not to run up the score or show aTm anything.

My thoughts are similar to yours. Knowing how Saban coaches, I think they instituted a very vanilla gameplan on offense hoping they would have more success, but due to the lead they didnt make many changes to it during game time. I think Saban was confident they could win without trying a bunch of plays they have ready for A&M and would work on the o-line miscues during the off week.

I am more worried now about that game than i would have been had we come in like we normally do, but I also ask myself if its possible that Saban is such a master at deception that he purposely laid low for week one to not show his teams true potential and to let A&M feel overconfident. We will see in a week, but i am betting we see a different Tide team in week Two of our schedule than we saw the first game.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saban is so good at getting his team to perform as a team unit that he gets the fans on board too, thats why we use those terms, because its our team. Sorry you dont feel that connected to yours, might tell you why its been a while since your team has won a title, no TEAM unity.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love my team and I feel as if I'm a part of it, hence the use of the words we and us.

See, Unity. The Sooners could use some judging from games i have seen in the past few years. To lose to last years ND team is a disgrace and to do it on your own field is even worse, maybe unifying your team and fanbase would help. It starts at the top, could that be the problem?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, Unity. The Sooners could use some judging from games i have seen in the past few years. To lose to last years ND team is a disgrace and to do it on your own field is even worse, maybe unifying your team and fanbase would help. It starts at the top, could that be the problem?

Well if you want to have history class why don't you go see what your record is all-time against OU.

I'll wait.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you want to have history class why don't you go see what your record is all-time against OU.

I'll wait.

And? It's not like it's an every year game where such a stat actually means something.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll wait.

How did you get history out of a post on team and fan unity? Guess butthurt is all you got huh? We are unified with our team and use terms like we and us, if it bothers you then thats a problem for you, but it might also get you to thinking about why your team doesnt win as much, especially in big games.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
occupant...get out of this goddamn thread you fucking troll.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal with what? Alabama fans thinking they're on the football team?

And this bothers you how? are your panties in a bunch because fans think they are a part of the team. If a team gets no support at home games, do they have more trouble winning? Sadly you dont get it, but then again not every team can get support like many of the southern teams do.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong thread.

We and us - get over it.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for any fan of a team that doesn't feel like they are part of the team, must be depressing.