• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So about legal & illegal hits

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe they called the hit the bears LB had an illegal hit. Such BullShit. Now they will call any good hit illegal. We wouldn't want Football to be rough or anything. the NFL is like your mom when you are a kid.
"Now no roughhousing over there!"
Clean hit to me. he even used his shoulder in the hit. Yes his helmet hit his chest as well. Kinda hard to not have any contact with your helmet when it is on your shoulders! Wasn't even a flag on the play. Which is a good on ya for the refs to get it right. Then not only that but the NFL said that the receiver was a defenseless player! The guy caught the ball & turned up field! do we have to call out one Mississippi, two Mississippi, before they can go make contact with a player now?
The guy (think his name is bostic) someone on TV was saying he made 925 dollars (rookie) for the preseason game. & was fined 21k for the hit that the NFL.com was glorifying as an excellent hit all week.

This kinda goes back to why players will start hitting lower & lower & causing more leg injuries. Total BS fines like this one.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit was legal, but what everyone is missing the fact he dropped his head and hit him with the crown of his helmet. That's not how you tackle someone it's dangerous for the tackler. Although if he's willing to take the risk, so be it. I've been hearing "text book tackle" and "form tackle" and it's not what so ever. That's how you break your neck or a spinal cord injury.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit was legal, but what everyone is missing the fact he dropped his head and hit him with the crown of his helmet. That's not how you tackle someone it's dangerous for the tackler. Although if he's willing to take the risk, so be it. I've been hearing "text book tackle" and "form tackle" and it's not what so ever. That's how you break your neck or a spinal cord injury.
I agree you shouldn't lower your head for your own safety. (Dennis Byrd) but if he raises his head then he get helmet to helmet fine. because common sense isn't used in the helmet to helmet rule. If it grazes it is a penalty. Like I said & you now. It was a clean hit. & where in the hell does the NFL come up with defenseless receiver?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great points

this NFL rule will be interrupted differently week to week crew to crew
Going to be lots of yelling at the TV this season for all football fans

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenseless receiver is the biggest BS I've ever seen. It basically means you can't hit a a receiver instantly but have to wait until he makes a "football move". If you try to catch a pass you know the risk of getting laid out. Although it's not all the NFL's fault. A lot of the problem is the fact a guy plays 12 years and then sues the NFL for getting beat up. I mean come up you knew the risk of playing football.

The only rule that has been put in place that makes sense is helmet to helmet on a receiver. That is dangerous. A tackler should lead with his shoulder.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although helmet to helmet can happen on accident you got to get rid of it. Guys like James Harrison could paralyze someone or himself the way he just leads with his helmet into the ball carriers. With enough impact you can break you neck or sever your spinal cord. It's dangerous. The bostic hit is a perfect example. He dropped his head and hit with the crown of his helmet. Was the hit clean, yes. Was it a form tackle or safe, no.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate any and every new rule they come up with. It's becoming sad and pathetic. I hate to sound like a broken record, so I'll just leave it at that.

"don't even get me started" hahah

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenseless receiver is the biggest BS I've ever seen. It basically means you can't hit a a receiver instantly but have to wait until he makes a "football move". If you try to catch a pass you know the risk of getting laid out. Although it's not all the NFL's fault. A lot of the problem is the fact a guy plays 12 years and then sues the NFL for getting beat up. I mean come up you knew the risk of playing football.

The only rule that has been put in place that makes sense is helmet to helmet on a receiver. That is dangerous. A tackler should lead with his shoulder.

I agree, when some of these WR's are 220-230, and TE's are 255-275, running in the 4.4 to 4.6 range, in full pads, once they turn their shoulders they are anything but ''Defenceless''