• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SN Poll: Are Niners serious contenders?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm still very skeptical. I don't think they are. Not to be a downer but the best teams they've beaten were the Lions & the self-imploding Eagles. If they were up against an elite team my money wouldn't be on the Niners. Just being realistic.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm still very skeptical. I don't think they are. Not to be a downer but the best teams they've beaten were the Lions & the self-imploding Eagles. If they were up against an elite team my money wouldn't be on the Niners. Just being realistic.

I agree with this and to add, Alex Smith scares the shit out of me. He's been solid this year, but I've just seen too much over the years of him breaking my heart. I still see flash backs of his old self although it hasnt turned into monsterous neg. plays yet.

Not wanting this to start this into a Smith thread or anything, but honestly we all know QB is the most important position and we do not match up with the other top teams. Thats a huge check mark against our team imo and a lot for us to overcome.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're a contender, just not on the levels of Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, or New Orleans. We have to make a run in the playoffs to get on their level. Good to see America likes our team.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The D is legit.

We just don't have the track history of the teams like the Pats, Steelers, Packers, etc. they are all Superbowl champions.

So there will be doubts about our team like any upcoming team any year.
Last year KC and Altanta and Chicago were the upcoming teams.

We just have to get to the playoffs and prove that we deserve to be there and win some games.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we're a contender, just not on the levels of Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, or New Orleans. We have to make a run in the playoffs to get on their level. Good to see America likes our team.

This

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We're likely to have at least one home game in the playoffs, and maybe more the way the schedule shapes up for us. We have what looks like a very good D, very good STs, and can run the ball. Teams have won with less in January. I can't say with certainty we'll go deep into the playoffs, but if we maintain our level of play or improve, which seems reasonable so long as the injury bug doesn't bite hard, I can say with certainty that any team coming to SF will be nervous about it.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We're likely to have at least one home game in the playoffs, and maybe more the way the schedule shapes up for us. We have what looks like a very good D, very good STs, and can run the ball. Teams have won with less in January. I can't say with certainty we'll go deep into the playoffs, but if we maintain our level of play or improve, which seems reasonable so long as the injury bug doesn't bite hard, I can say with certainty that any team coming to SF will be nervous about it.

I agree, the Offense does need to be opened up some. Snyder said that they have used 40% to 50% only of the playbook. Repitition does help! I am praying that the injury bug alao stays away! Go 49ers!!:deadhorse:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are easily better than the Saints. IMO

They struggle vs. the run so that's where we matchup with them well. However, playoff time I'm betting my money on Drew Brees, not Smith.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the team should continue to improve as people get healthy and more familiar with the system.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this and to add, Alex Smith scares the shit out of me. He's been solid this year, but I've just seen too much over the years of him breaking my heart. I still see flash backs of his old self although it hasnt turned into monsterous neg. plays yet.

Not wanting this to start this into a Smith thread or anything, but honestly we all know QB is the most important position and we do not match up with the other top teams. Thats a huge check mark against our team imo and a lot for us to overcome.

I wish we could remove those flashes of his negative self. Last year, he was his negative self with flashes of better play. Now it's better play with flashes of negative play. With that said, the better play isn't THAT great, just pretty good. I know I'm being a hypocrite here as I had previously made a big deal about deep9er's posts, (so I'm giving my mea culpa here) but given the Detroit game and Cleveland game, I've changed my mind a little. His play this year, is better in regards to himself. The first few games, his play was good in general. But his overall play has been reliable at the end and serviceable at times otherwise but not as good.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alaska 50-50... damn you Palin.

Idaho really rooting for us, perhaps the Iupati connection?

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This team reminds me of the super bowl Bears team w/ Rex Grossman. I think we're a slight upgrade though since Alex manages a game better.