• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smith to Crabtree

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Those two definitely need more time together. Lots of missed opportunities because they don't have any chemistry. It'd be great if at least one of these years, Crabtree decides that training camp is important enough to participate in.

Agree...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah If Crabtree can freaking participate in one rather play hookey...lol

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Crabtree continues to be listed as limited in practice with his foot injury, so I'm sure that doesn't help them build chemistry.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His accuracy beyond 20 yards has appeared to be horrible (subjectively)...but he has done well inside 20. Beyond yesterday it seems he's consistently overthrowing CT, not all the time but him more than anyone else.

Those passes were several steps ahead where the WR can't make an adjustment to the ball, can't run faster when you are already all out.

to me his accuracy falls off before 20 yards, more like 10? again, being nit-picky with accuracy, but he isn't allowing WR's to gain more YAC's.

i understand no one is ACCURATE 20 yards and above.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
to me his accuracy falls off before 20 yards, more like 10? again, being nit-picky with accuracy, but he isn't allowing WR's to gain more YAC's.

i understand no one is ACCURATE 20 yards and above.

Huh?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i was being nit-picky about Alex not being accurate, now with more time he should be. yeah he gets it there, but then little YAC's cause its behind, high, late, etc.

some else replied yeah, he isn't accurate beyond 20 yards.

to me even beyond 10 yards he isn't accurate, but at least my asking for accuracy beginning at 10 yards is reasonable. whereas asking him to be accurate beyond 20 yards isn't, how many QB's are accurate beyond 20 yards?

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That last one in the fourth quarter Crabtree was open by 15 yards. The one thing you don't do is overthrow it, you could underthrow it and he would still be running. Colt McCoy was doing a better job hitting his streaking receiver. Smith needs to start taking advantage of those easy yards if they are going to be a threat in the playoffs.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That last one in the fourth quarter Crabtree was open by 15 yards. The one thing you don't do is overthrow it, you could underthrow it and he would still be running. Colt McCoy was doing a better job hitting his streaking receiver. Smith needs to start taking advantage of those easy yards if they are going to be a threat in the playoffs.

I remember McCoy throwing to a streaking receiver once yesterday. Dashon Goldson caught the pass.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That guy wasn't open, he was double covered. By streaking I was referring to a wide receiver running completely uncovered down the sideline. On the touchdown he threw to Cribbs it was the same exact throw that Smith had three times to Crabtree.

From my seats the one thing I can see is when receivers get wide open. I have been watching Smith miss wide open receivers for four years now and it is something that hope he really figures out. The opportunities for the big plays are there.

The good news is he actually sees the receivers now. A few years ago he would just run around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That guy wasn't open, he was double covered. By streaking I was referring to a wide receiver running completely uncovered down the sideline. On the touchdown he threw to Cribbs it was the same exact throw that Smith had three times to Crabtree.

From my seats the one thing I can see is when receivers get wide open. I have been watching Smith miss wide open receivers for four years now and it is something that hope he really figures out. The opportunities for the big plays are there.

The good news is he actually sees the receivers now. A few years ago he would just run around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Cribbs wasn't streaking. He was nearly stationary as he caught the ball as I remember.

If the INT in the endzone doesn't count, I don't think McCoy through to a single streaking WR all day.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well he did underthrow Cribbs, which Smith could have done a few times and could have had similar results to what. From where I was sitting it was obvious from the get-go that Cribbs had gotten wide open and was sprinting down the sideline. But I'm not going to get into a little battle about this. I'll ignore Colt McCoy and reinstate the point I was trying to make which is that Smith needs to get better at hitting the wide open receiver.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His speed aside, Crabtree has been getting open downfield with regularity lately. We absolutely have to hit more of those passes to keep the safeties honest in the run game. As Edwards gets healthy, we've got a stable full of effective skill players. It's exciting to think about, if they can all get on the same page and Alex can hit his shots.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our passing offense is quite unthreatening and the Smith to Crabtree connection needs to drastically improve.

Yes we need to get more people involved, the running game is doing better, we need to get the TEs more involved as well! Go 49ers!!:deadhorse:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes we need to get more people involved, the running game is doing better, we need to get the TEs more involved as well! Go 49ers!!:deadhorse:

Walker has made some noise thus far, but I couldn't agree more about Davis. Vernon has been too quiet IMO. Personally, I think we should use Davis more outside the #'s, if that is what it will take to put the ball in his hands.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker has made some noise thus far, but I couldn't agree more about Davis. Vernon has been too quiet IMO. Personally, I think we should use Davis more outside the #'s, if that is what it will take to put the ball in his hands.

Vernon has been quiet... not to my liking at all, but something tells me Harbs is "saving" him for a big game of sorts, idk, Harbs has certain plans and involves certain amount of players while trying to hide more & more play designs and what not.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon has been quiet... not to my liking at all, but something tells me Harbs is "saving" him for a big game of sorts, idk, Harbs has certain plans and involves certain amount of players while trying to hide more & more play designs and what not.

From what I have seen thus far, I have no reason to doubt that, X.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His speed aside, Crabtree has been getting open downfield with regularity lately. We absolutely have to hit more of those passes to keep the safeties honest in the run game. As Edwards gets healthy, we've got a stable full of effective skill players. It's exciting to think about, if they can all get on the same page and Alex can hit his shots.

yes.

the O-line is also helping out now, providing a little more time.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yep, the running game is doing good, so it should open up the pass. this past game you could tell it opened up, but Alex didn't connect. even on shorter routes, the receivers are beginning to separate more. have to believe the good run game contributes to this.

davidin.fan76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe chemistry between the two in the main factor. That has to be worked out. However, the game plan has just recently begun to be open up so they really haven't been practicing deep throws until the last couple weeks. I'm sure Alex is a little rusty. As stated before, they haven't attempted the deep Vernon Davis threat as well. Since the run game is working so well I am looking forward to an increase in the deep game, it just needs some work during the week.