• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smith Pelly on Waivers

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little surprising considering how important he was to the Caps Cup run last season and how he earned a contract in the fall.

Caps' Smith-Pelly on waivers; SJS claim Haley - TSN.ca

This relates to the Kings because reports are surfacing the Caps and Kings possibly may have a deal in place involving one of Lewis, Clifford or maybe Hagelin but the 24 hour Waiver period has to hit before any roster changes can be announced/completed. We won't know until tomorrow.

Lewis ($2 million, UFA 2020) or Clifford ($1.6 million, UFA 2020 also) make the most sense, Hagelin is much more expensive at $3.75 million. With term left, I think there are more pieces in play since neither Lewis or Clifford would be rentals.

Would be disappointed to see Clifford go, he is a heart and soul guy but ore importantly one of the last pieces of physical identity the Kings have left. They have been pushed around all over the ice the last few years and need to add a little more snarl.

Lewis is a great character guy, has been a team soldier for over a decade. While not as much sandpaper as Clifford, a solid upper end B6 guy. Kings would miss him too but if thety are going to clean house these are decisions that need to happen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That honestly sucks for Smith-Pelly. In my opinion he took a lot less money to resign with Washington and remain with the team. He had some big plays and big goals during that Playoff run. I think he's a heart/glue guy with moderate offensive upside.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis is another dude I've loved (No homo?) for years. But he also hasn't been the same since that nasty fall last year.

Guys with term are so much harder to move though. So Lewis/Clifford with another year are options, but Carter/Kovalchuk with at least 2 more years each.

6 days until the deadline and I'd be shocked if LA had the same roster come Wednesday morning.