• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins Want A 2nd For Cousins

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton, why not?

The Rams took a game manager #1 overall and getting paid a lot more jack too.
You're not winning the NFC West with a game manager. Seattle nailed the draft for 3 years, nailed free agency last year and still needed Wilson to make some spectacular plays and extend plays when their oline was struggling.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez with a bad shoulder and at $13.5 mill..............No thanks.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez with a bad shoulder and at $13.5 mill..............No thanks.

The Jets will cut him because of the $13.5. This $$/contract doesn't translate over to his new team. He will never see that kind of money again. I think he can be signed cheap and you know Shotty is watching this. Sign him and tell him he has a chance to be a starter. Shotty brought in Clemons.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Sanchez. He's never going to be a 1st round talent. You could say the same about Bradford but if you're smart you pick up Garoppolo or AJ McCarron in the 2nd or 3rd rounds and hope for a diamond in the rough.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not winning the NFC West with a game manager. Seattle nailed the draft for 3 years, nailed free agency last year and still needed Wilson to make some spectacular plays and extend plays when their oline was struggling.
Wilson is a game manager however winning solves everything.

The Hags were

• 3rd in Pass Defense
  • 6th in Rush Offense
  • 7th in Rush Defense
And wait for it....

• 24th in Pass Offense
They won

• 12-7
  • 23-20
  • 20-13
  • 14-9
  • 23-0
  • 23-9
  • 23-15
  • 20-17
That's an average of 18.5 ppg in those 10 games

The Hags lost

• 17-19
  • 10-17
Wilson had

• 27 TD
  • 9 Int's
  • 5 Lost fumbles
Last season he was a game manager who had a few good games, very good games but what sets him apart as a game manager IMO is the fact that he can give you 500+ yards a season with his legs alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about Sanchez as a back-up, I think Clemens is always going to be Shittenehimer's guy but I think Brady Quinn still has something left in the tank. He's rehabbing right now coming off a minor back surgery procedure. Methinks he may sneak up on Clemens. We will know by the OTA's if he is worth even keeping around and leaving Sanchez to say good-bye to the pros.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the RAMS give up their second round pick for Cousins. I think he could be a Drew Brees type QB. All he needs is playing time. Get rid of Bradford. Bradford can't pull the trigger, waits too long. And now is a gimp. A expensive throw too late gimp. Bradford is a good backup QB. RAMS get to high first round picks then get the next Drew Brees??? in the 2nd round.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the RAMS give up their second round pick for Cousins. I think he could be a Drew Brees type QB. All he needs is playing time. Get rid of Bradford. Bradford can't pull the trigger, waits too long. And now is a gimp. A expensive throw too late gimp. Bradford is a good backup QB. RAMS get to high first round picks then get the next Drew Brees??? in the 2nd round.

Cousins =/= Brees

brees was starting in SD before he got traded because of injuries

WantedforHugs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone living in Philadelphia area who has seen a decent amount of his games there is really nothing I have seen from Cousins that interests me, especially for a 2nd round pick. His stats, even with his limited playing time, are medicore. Doesn't have a great arm or amazing mobility, and game IQ is average. In a draft as deep as this a second round pick is going to be a starter on our team. I understand the disappointment in Bradford but in no way do I see Cousins beating him for a starting spot. For a fourth round pick it would be an interesting deal but no higher.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the question is: if the Rams end up trading down from #2 and get an extra 2nd round pick, should they consider trading for Cousins vs drafting a rookie QB?

I'd take Cousins over every QB in this draft outside Bortles. So to me, a 2nd is a steal.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about Sanchez as a back-up, I think Clemens is always going to be Shittenehimer's guy but I think Brady Quinn still has something left in the tank. He's rehabbing right now coming off a minor back surgery procedure. Methinks he may sneak up on Clemens. We will know by the OTA's if he is worth even keeping around and leaving Sanchez to say good-bye to the pros.

Sanchez was Shottys boy, he knows his system. Slim chance of it happening, but hey, its a long ways until the draft and we gotta talk about something. :rollseyes:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone living in Philadelphia area who has seen a decent amount of his games there is really nothing I have seen from Cousins that interests me, especially for a 2nd round pick. His stats, even with his limited playing time, are medicore. Doesn't have a great arm or amazing mobility, and game IQ is average. In a draft as deep as this a second round pick is going to be a starter on our team. I understand the disappointment in Bradford but in no way do I see Cousins beating him for a starting spot. For a fourth round pick it would be an interesting deal but no higher.
Hey WantedforHugs, first welcome to the Hoop & the Rams boards! :suds:

I might go as far as a middle to late third rounder bu that's about it..

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey WantedforHugs, first welcome to the Hoop & the Rams boards!

Thanks Vitamike! It seems like this board has a welcoming and genuine community here
You will do fine here as long as you are not too thinned skinned.

We do tend to rustle each others jimmies every now and then! :lol:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey WantedforHugs. I am your mod here. If you need anything let me know. Normally we'd go through the rules but I have had a nightmare week-end and we'll get you caught as we go along. When you get to 5 posts, you'll be able to change your avatar and some other benies will open up to you. I'll be in touch.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez was Shottys boy, he knows his system. Slim chance of it happening, but hey, its a long ways until the draft and we gotta talk about something. :rollseyes:

I can't see that happening Zeke. Sanchez would not be happy being a backup, and he would want too much money anyway after being a starter for so long. To bring him in to replace Bradford? You know I'm not a Bradford fan, but talk about going from bad to worse! Bradford is bad, Sanchez is a dumpster fire.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a valid observation Wanted. Initially I was on the bandwagon for possibly giving a 2nd rd. pick for Cousins because of our instability at QB. But after seeing all the talent at the combine I have to reconsider. I believe you're correct---a 2nd round pick is probably still worth the gamble on Cousins. I would probably be willing to give a 3rd for him though. We've had plenty of busts with higher picks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the question is: if the Rams end up trading down from #2 and get an extra 2nd round pick, should they consider trading for Cousins vs drafting a rookie QB?

Ambitious.

If HOU surprises us and takes Clowney...the 2nd pick will have a lot less value...with Clowney on the board, maybe an extra 3rd this year.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the way Cousins has played by just getting thrown in there most of his games with no first team snaps and only having 2 years experience I think a 2nd round trade would be worth it. I think he would shine if given the starting job starting in camp. The play I saw from him was really playing great for the lack of preparation. His downfall was throwing INT's but he was always moving the ball downfield. With starting out as A starter and more playing time he can stop throwing those INT's. That was his only problem as I saw as a young QB. Of course I could be wrong.