• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

skins pro bowlers

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy Trent dominated . It’s on film for all to see . Film also shows RK has earned his spot . DJ started off like gang busters but faded some so the alternate is justified . Norman. Not so much , and AD should be comeback players of the year and an alternate . Where would we be without AD ? He has surpassed expectations

Agree. In terms of AP (hate the AD nickname) - remember when folks here were debating his acquisition? I stated then that even if he contributed in just a few games the pickup was well worth it since the price was so cheap. Without him this offense would likely be as ineffective as any in the history of the NFL - would not be pretty. Regardless of what he does moving fwd I for one can state that I am extremely appreciative of his contributions this season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. In terms of AP (hate the AD nickname) - remember when folks here were debating his acquisition? I stated then that even if he contributed in just a few games the pickup was well worth it since the price was so cheap. Without him this offense would likely be as ineffective as any in the history of the NFL - would not be pretty. Regardless of what he does moving fwd I for one can state that I am extremely appreciative of his contributions this season.
Yeah he was a great pick up DW found , I bet DW found Johnson too

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about any of them this year. IMO and if I was forced to select two representatives for the Pro-Bowl this year with a gun at my head, I would choose Tress Way and that young lady who runs out on the field with the water bottles. Much like the way the team was built, we really have no standout players, just a bunch of honorable mention guys.
Well, AP's only real yards came up the middle this year for the most part. I would be interested to see how our center graded out this year vs all other centers.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still been the best, most consistent player on the team. Take note that, I wrote about picking two representatives. Keep trying though!

All I did was point out why he was not selected. Not sure why you felt a need to comment on my post. I did not direct my post towards anyone. :noidea::scratch:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy Trent dominated . It’s on film for all to see . Film also shows RK has earned his spot . DJ started off like gang busters but faded some so the alternate is justified . Norman. Not so much , and AD should be comeback players of the year and an alternate . Where would we be without AD ? He has surpassed expectations
How healthy has TW been this year? He dominates on certain plays I will give you that but...this year has been without a doubt, his most down year and likely due to injury. TW's did not deserve a spot in the Pro Bowl and we all know that. Kerrigan has 11 sacks but he routinely gives up leverage, get beat often on bootlegs and is a complete liability in pass coverage. Good season, not a Pro Bowl season.
As much as everyone says and has seen, if not for AP, we would be hot garbage on offense this year. That speaks volumes about our roster talent.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How healthy has TW been this year? He dominates on certain plays I will give you that but...this year has been without a doubt, his most down year and likely due to injury. TW's did not deserve a spot in the Pro Bowl and we all know that. Kerrigan has 11 sacks but he routinely gives up leverage, get beat often on bootlegs and is a complete liability in pass coverage. Good season, not a Pro Bowl season.
As much as everyone says and has seen, if not for AP, we would be hot garbage on offense this year. That speaks volumes about our roster talent.
Up until his thumb injury a month ago . If you watch his tape. He was a pro bowler , same with RK

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In terms of your last sentence - not really especially on offense. I am not stating that they don't need an influx of talent & certainly the QB position needs to be addressed. On offense it is very difficult to address the results since they have literally had major injuries at almost every position & multiple major injuries at key positions like QB and OG. Can any other team in the NFL claim that?

On defense injuries are not a real issue & yes they need an influx of talent at positions like ILB & CB. However they still have a fair amt of talent on that side of the ball. IMO coaching is a major cause of their issues or at least the coaches could do something to help lesson the related issues.

The difference in talent between the best and worst NFL teams in not that significant. Injuries, coaching & finding the rt mix of players that play well together are big factors in addition to overall talent. Bad luck & bad mgmt. have certainly not worked out well for the Skins in those areas. I pray that this somehow works out differently in the future, but I am not holding my breath.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of your last sentence - not really especially on offense. I am not stating that they don't need an influx of talent & certainly the QB position needs to be addressed. On offense it is very difficult to address the results since they have literally had major injuries at almost every position & multiple major injuries at key positions like QB and OG. Can any other team in the NFL claim that?

I will only address above because I agree with the rest of your statement. Without mentioning the LG position, I trust everyone up front less Moses. He is and has been the weak link. I really like our RB situation (unfortunate for Guice) but we never had him, just Kelly, Perine, Thompson and others. Not a very good group outside Thompson. Our WR core is just awful. No point in going into detail there. Reeds continued injury problems overshadow his talent and while Davis is serviceable, he is getting old. Smith played healthy up until his injury but let's not kid ourselves, we won some games in spite of him. I guess all I was getting at was the talent is just not there and depth has always been a problem as it would for any NFL team since there are only so many really good NFL football players.
I will say this, another 2 very good drafts and we could be on to something!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will only address above because I agree with the rest of your statement. Without mentioning the LG position, I trust everyone up front less Moses. He is and has been the weak link. I really like our RB situation (unfortunate for Guice) but we never had him, just Kelly, Perine, Thompson and others. Not a very good group outside Thompson. Our WR core is just awful. No point in going into detail there. Reeds continued injury problems overshadow his talent and while Davis is serviceable, he is getting old. Smith played healthy up until his injury but let's not kid ourselves, we won some games in spite of him. I guess all I was getting at was the talent is just not there and depth has always been a problem as it would for any NFL team since there are only so many really good & hard to evaluate given the injuries - you make a good pt about Moses

Again not stating that the offense is great - just not sure I would call them hot garbage or at least not portray them in this manner until we get them perform with a reasonable amt of health. Oh well - some moves are certainly needed for this unit in the offseason.

I agree w/ you WR although I believe that some of the young WRs could contribute w/ a little health & coaching. You make a good pt about Moses - the rest of the OL is TBD until they are reasonably healthy. QB obviously is a problem. RB is TBD & & I wish Gruden would use Perine a little more - I think he can contribute a bit. We will see.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In another long line of insult to injury stories, Andre Roberts is a Pro Bowl Kick returner and he didn't get it because he was popular.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We see it lots of times. Guys go else where and perform. He has been gone awhile so I am not reading too much into that one.