• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins dont pick up Chase's option.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Washington for not picking up his 5th year option. It's a bit of a gamble at this point in his career. This announcement looks like Washington trying to drum up trade business b/c there is still time for another team to trade for him and then exercise his 5th year option, right?

Considering some of the offers I've seen bandied about by we ignorant fans...If the Commies want a Day 3 pick for Chase, they'll have lots of offers, but if they want a 1st or 2nd round pick for him, I think they'll be disappointed.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no reason to trade CY for a day 3 pick whatsoever. He’s more valuable even as a relatively unproven commodity than a fourth-seventh rounder.

If he rounds into form, he could be dominant, like Payne.

The Commanders are handling him like they should: prove it, and we’ll pay you like we did with Payne, Allen, and Scary Terry.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would absolutely be risky to go into the season and he doesn't do enough to be extended I think they just need to move on and trade him

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you draft a guy number 2 overall , pass on qbs , and his commitment is questionable? When are scouts going to be held accountable
After the sale? I expect a full blown reshuffle at the very least after the sale from the front office to the scouts to the folks cleaning up after everyone before the lights go out. Some good folks will get caught up in the purge but sometimes That’s what it takes to rid the establishment of the stink &smell of someone like Snyder. Being a Cowboys fan I certainly understand y’all’s pain as Jerry can be awesome and cringe worthy in the same 5 minute. Snyder has just been cringe worthy for y’all the whole time. The fan base and the franchise deserve way better than Snyder’s ownership fiasco.
But this is a time of renewal and reloading I wish y’all the very best in the draft and hope your picks excel just not when they play my Cowboys :D

Good luck the rest of the Draft

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get tired of the revisionist history that they should have taken a QB. Nobody was onboard with that idea at the time, Chase Young was pretty much the unanimous pick there.

And the trade talk has also grown annoying. It's as if the people writing this have no idea what the situation is in Washington. This staff has exactly 17 games to beat the odds and retain their position. They will never trade Young or Sweat for picks that will benefit their successor. Given that Okudah only fetched a 5th the talk that they will get a lot for Chase Young is ridiculous.

I'm also tired of people blaming his injury. He was ineffective long before the injury. What struck me right away, and it was evident in the Tampa Bay playoff game his rookie season, is he simply can't beat the tackle around the edge. This was how he did a lot of his damage in college but in the NFL he is constantly run behind the QB and out of the play. I don't see that changing.

9 sacks in 25 games prior to the injury was not what we were expecting on draft day. We just can't have nice things.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get tired of the revisionist history that they should have taken a QB. Nobody was onboard with that idea at the time, Chase Young was pretty much the unanimous pick there.

And the trade talk has also grown annoying. It's as if the people writing this have no idea what the situation is in Washington. This staff has exactly 17 games to beat the odds and retain their position. They will never trade Young or Sweat for picks that will benefit their successor. Given that Okudah only fetched a 5th the talk that they will get a lot for Chase Young is ridiculous.

I'm also tired of people blaming his injury. He was ineffective long before the injury. What struck me right away, and it was evident in the Tampa Bay playoff game his rookie season, is he simply can't beat the tackle around the edge. This was how he did a lot of his damage in college but in the NFL he is constantly run behind the QB and out of the play. I don't see that changing.

9 sacks in 25 games prior to the injury was not what we were expecting on draft day. We just can't have nice things.
What “ anyone “ said at the time is moot . They are scouts and are paid to see the potential in “Herbert’s “ of the drafts not the hypes of a “ Clowney “ . aka CY

They are supposed to be subject matter experts and they are to be followed without question by the masses according to many who don’t think for themselves

I liked the pick but I also brought up qb should be in play . Our staff SAW Herbert at the sr. Bowl . it should have been apparent what Herbert was .

and for the Tua crowd the same Should have seen , Herbert outclassed him in every area and if our scouts didn’t have Herbert rated higher then they failed .

so what the SportsHoopla / twitter communities thought at the time is of little conseQuence

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What “ anyone “ said at the time is moot . They are scouts and are paid to see the potential in “Herbert’s “ of the drafts not the hypes of a “ Clowney “ . aka CY

They are supposed to be subject matter experts and they are to be followed without question by the masses according to many who don’t think for themselves

I liked the pick but I also brought up qb should be in play . Our staff SAW Herbert at the sr. Bowl . it should have been apparent what Herbert was .

and for the Tua crowd the same Should have seen , Herbert outclassed him in every area and if our scouts didn’t have Herbert rated higher then they failed .

so what the SportsHoopla / twitter communities thought at the time is of little conseQuence

Again revisionist history is a cop out. 4 other teams also passed on Justin Herbert, it was pretty much unanimous among professional scouts and GMs (not social media posters) that Chase Young was a rare talent and should have been taken right behind Burrow.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again revisionist history is a cop out. 4 other teams also passed on Justin Herbert, it was pretty much unanimous among professional scouts and GMs (not social media posters) that Chase Young was a rare talent and should have been taken right behind Burrow.
Did they need Qbs ? Possible they did but it doesn’t matter if 4 teams passed on him . Wrong is Wrong and somehow the chargers found him

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy picked burrow number one
, we picked chase and had Haskins , Keenum
the lions were next and had Stafford
giants had Eli manning
dolphins had rosen and chose tua

cincy is justified
we had Keenum and Haskins and said that was good ?
lions had future SB winning qb Stafford so no need
giants had manning
so you can only say the dolphins rated the hip fracture Tua over Herbert which is simply wrong

so saying 5 teams passed on him because of talent is shaky at best

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they need Qbs ? Possible they did but it doesn’t matter if 4 teams passed on him . Wrong is Wrong and somehow the chargers found him

I'm not bothering to look it up but safe to say in a league desperate for franchise QBs if teams knew as you expect them all to know how good Herbert was going to be some team would have jumped up and gotten the pick needed to land him.

I'm just pointing out misses happen in every single draft by professional talent evaluators. Revisionist history is a cop out and too easy after the fact. Now if you can supply posts of yours standing on a soap box screaming for the pick to be Herbert and not Young well then you would have more credibility. But doing it years later or blaming your team when so many others had the same evaluation is not fair.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy picked burrow number one
, we picked chase and had Haskins , Keenum
the lions were next and had Stafford
giants had Eli manning
dolphins had rosen and chose tua

cincy is justified
we had Keenum and Haskins and said that was good ?
lions had future SB winning qb Stafford so no need
giants had manning
so you can only say the dolphins rated the hip fracture Tua over Herbert which is simply wrong

so saying 5 teams passed on him because of talent is shaky at best

OK I'll play along. Stafford and Manning were in their last years. Are you really claiming those teams would not be interested in their future franchise QB who would be ready to take over in a year or 2 with their picks? LOL. Or that they would not have entertained offers that would have mean huge draft capital from a team desperate for a franchise QB and who correctly identified Justin Herbert as a can't miss prospect as you claim they should have all been able to do?

Come on now, I see your arguments have not gotten any better since I posted here last.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t trade Chase for less than a third because a decent season will get us a 3rd round compensatory pick. If he has a good season, great, you can franchise him and trade him. There is no way we keep both Sweat and Young.

As for revisionist history, Chase Young was the good pick. We had Haskins And you don’t give up on a first round pick after one season unless that guy is Peyton Manning good. Herbert had plenty of question marks and is overrated to this day.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t trade Chase for less than a third because a decent season will get us a 3rd round compensatory pick. If he has a good season, great, you can franchise him and trade him. There is no way we keep both Sweat and Young.

As for revisionist history, Chase Young was the good pick. We had Haskins And you don’t give up on a first round pick after one season unless that guy is Peyton Manning good. Herbert had plenty of question marks and is overrated to this day.
Going to disagree that we CANT keep both.

Currently the team does not have $25M or more per year tide up in a QB. Currently they have $76M in cap space next year. While it might not be ideal to pay both Young and Sweat, its not out of the realm of possibility if both have very good seasons that we could actually afford both under the cap.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'll play along. Stafford and Manning were in their last years. Are you really claiming those teams would not be interested in their future franchise QB who would be ready to take over in a year or 2 with their picks? LOL. Or that they would not have entertained offers that would have mean huge draft capital from a team desperate for a franchise QB and who correctly identified Justin Herbert as a can't miss prospect as you claim they should have all been able to do?

Come on now, I see your arguments have not gotten any better since I posted here last.
You mean Stafford who went on to win the Super Bowl ? And at 6 the chargers sure as hell pulled the trigger and guess what ? Herbert is better the anyone not named burrow

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to disagree that we CANT keep both.

Currently the team does not have $25M or more per year tide up in a QB. Currently they have $76M in cap space next year. While it might not be ideal to pay both Young and Sweat, it’s not out of the realm of possibility if both have very good seasons that we could actually afford both under the cap.

We could but it is not good for long term feasibility of the team.