• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins apparently looking at Joe Mays

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILB from Denver. And a guy from Shanahans last draft class in Denver. Cant hurt to bring him in and have him compete in a depth role. But apparently he has trouble staying healthy.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILB from Denver. And a guy from Shanahans last draft class in Denver. Cant hurt to bring him in and have him compete in a depth role. But apparently he has trouble staying healthy.

There's always Nick Barnett and or Bart Scott for in case we don't sign Joe Mays.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always Nick Barnett and or Bart Scott for in case we don't sign Joe Mays.

Lets be honest. We are looking for a depth ILB at this point. The position just jumped to the head of the list for the draft in 2014. But for this season, we know who the starters are. I think they are more concerned with what we are going to do at DE for the first four games than any thing else at the moment.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that comes out of this... If we sign Mays, and in light of the Jenkins suspension... Carriker will have to get released. I was expecting to contract moves later on in the month. But this might force the teams hand a bit. Also still think they will extend Josh Wilson to create some space as well as the ongoing attempt to extend Rak.

Carriker, Rak and Wilson are the only places where we can really come up with some fundage right now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest. We are looking for a depth ILB at this point. The position just jumped to the head of the list for the draft in 2014. But for this season, we know who the starters are. I think they are more concerned with what we are going to do at DE for the first four games than any thing else at the moment.

joe mays could come cheap and fit in as a BU

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another thing that comes out of this... If we sign Mays, and in light of the Jenkins suspension... Carriker will have to get released. I was expecting to contract moves later on in the month. But this might force the teams hand a bit. Also still think they will extend Josh Wilson to create some space as well as the ongoing attempt to extend Rak.

Carriker, Rak and Wilson are the only places where we can really come up with some fundage right now.

ILB and DE just made jumps up our draft board or FA shopping list :nod:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mays is decent against the run. But he wouldn't fill the specialty role that Robinson would have played for us this season. Mays can't cover well at all. Robinson excels in that area. But at this point they just need a warm body.

Blunt8384

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we sign a player after a certain date I believe it counts toward next years cap.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get someone that can cover on 3rd downs.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think loseing jenkins is causeing shany to panick they will just bring in some de from OTAs that they liked but had to let them go jenkins will be back in four games