• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SJ - I'm Officially on the Sammy Gravy Train

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is correct sir. Yes!!! I think Barrett jones is playing center next year. We have plug the holes on the
Oline this season nicely for a change.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Jones gets a chance at center, I really like him.

If we draft Watkins at 2 we can see whats going on at 13, if an OT that the coaches and GM decide is good enough to contribute the way they want (weather its Robinson, or Erving, or whoever) lets draft him! If not, lets address another position, maybe a DB or even a LB (take Weatherspoon's starting job and have a tanked front 7).
We can always go in round two and draft an OL there, round 2 players can still contribute right away! And if the guy isn't there at 13, we move on to another need and grab OL in the second. Theres a bunch of good OGs going in the second round, I kinda wished we had another 2nd because I would love to draft a S and OG in the second and get Watkins and someone else in the first.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually a bigger fan of Kouandjio,Erving and Robinson than I am of Lewan but bottom line is we can get any of those guys at #13 IMO..

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU right.. Plenty of LTs

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stated on the old espn boards we need alshon Jeffery and allen a few drafts ago and look at them now...

every1 wanted Austin... I stated we will move up for a slot wr\returner... imo bad move I wanted warmack or Star Lotulelei ... Austin is a good returner and decent slot guy butthis draft we need a playmaker we need

SAMMY WATKINS
also side note get Benjamin late like 3rd/4th round (send quick packing)
We NEED and MUST HAVE SAMMYT WATKINS bottom line

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea STLADAM. It was no secret I wanted the Rams to take Warmack or DJ Fluker. Both are having ROY performances and I watched Fluker last week against the Bungles and he dominated his man as usual. Same thing with the WRs we whiffed on. Which leaves us with a retribution pick of Watkins. If the Rams eff this one up, I have already threatened to get on a plane and pay Snead and Fisher a visit myself.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stated on the old espn boards we need alshon Jeffery and allen a few drafts ago and look at them now...

every1 wanted Austin... I stated we will move up for a slot wr\returner... imo bad move I wanted warmack or Star Lotulelei ... Austin is a good returner and decent slot guy butthis draft we need a playmaker we need

SAMMY WATKINS
also side note get Benjamin late like 3rd/4th round (send quick packing)
We NEED and MUST HAVE SAMMYT WATKINS bottom line

I dunno I like the Austin pick. I think he'll become a very dynamic WR/utility guy. He's a guy who can single handedly change the course of the game. Look at what he did against the colts(i think it was against them :noidea:). He has the skills it's up to our coaching staff to use him correctly. Think Randell Cobb.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its nuts that Star Lotuleilei fell like he did. I thought he was the best player in the draft last year

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retro I was wanting warmack bad... when they traded up I was preying for a 6'3 300plus monster and I cried a little when we picked a 5'7 midget / speedster who doesn't seem to get separation with all that speed. Don't get me wrong bc I said he was gonna be a good returner and a decent slot guy but at the time I hated that pick and still do but what's done is done

Jacob- I agree he will be a good utility guy but lets face it were not san fran, green bay, boston, we need a everydown guy when picking at no 8 that we traded up for... NOT a utility guy.. imo

Clayton can you imagine if we traded up for star... our dline would be set for the next 5 years barring any injury's

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, if the Rams do draft Watkins this year and Bradford still sucks, what is going to be the excuse then?

"Sammy was a rookie and it takes 3 years for a WR to develop. Give Bradford 2 more years, then Sammy will be developed and then you will all see what Bradford can do.":L

"Bradford just needs these young WR's to develop, a better OL, better TE's, and 2 pro bowl RB's and then he will light it up and show everyone he is a franchise QB.":L

"Man, this defense needs to give Sam a chance to win a game. C'mon, they can't be giving up 13, 14 pts a game. Sam can't engineer that kind of offense. But, man, once this D becomes stout, then you will see the franchise QB Bradford can be. Man, I can't wait for that to happen. Should be next year":gaah:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, if the Rams do draft Watkins this year and Bradford still sucks, what is going to be the excuse then?
There won't be one. Watkins is a 'throw it in my general area and ill go get it' kind of player. Honestly, he didn't have any excuses with what he had this year but he got injured.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There won't be one. Watkins is a 'throw it in my general area and ill go get it' kind of player. Honestly, he didn't have any excuses with what he had this year but he got injured.

I think he (Angel) is referring to fans complaining, not (Sammy Watkins):laugh3:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy Watkins is a beast. I wouldn't be upset if the Rams stood pat & took him with #2 pick. But I do think they could trade back 3-4 spots & still get him. It would be a risk to do that because you never know what the Raiders will do or if another team falls in love with him & leapfrogs the Rams to pick him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sammy was a rookie and it takes 3 years for a WR to develop. Give Bradford 2
more years, then Sammy will be developed and then you will all see what Bradford
can do."
facepalm.gif

"Bradford just needs these young WR's to develop, a better OL, better TE's,
and 2 pro bowl RB's and then he will light it up and show everyone he is a
franchise QB."
facepalm.gif

"Man, this defense needs to give Sam a chance to win a game. C'mon, they
can't be giving up 13, 14 pts a game. Sam can't engineer that kind of offense.
But, man, once this D becomes stout, then you will see the franchise QB Bradford
can be. Man, I can't wait for that to happen. Should be next year"

I had to laugh at this. But you forgot too many 1 year OC's and 1 two year OC that "made" Bradford throw 6-7 yard throws.

And yes, Sammy Watkins is a beast. If Bradford can't get in rythmn with Sammy W and the rest of what we have, then it's time to call him David Carr and be done with it.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to laugh at this. But you forgot too many 1 year OC's and 1 two year OC that "made" Bradford throw 6-7 yard throws.

And yes, Sammy Watkins is a beast. If Bradford can't get in rythmn with Sammy W and the rest of what we have, then it's time to call him David Carr and be done with it.

SJ

You are right about the OC's. That's a hard think to constantly adjust to.

However, I have never seen the passion/fire, the will to win in Sam's game or his persona. It appears he is not willing to give it his all to be successful. He's not a film room junkie ( ala Brady or Peyton ). Does he really work on his game in the offseason? Or does he think he is good enough and that the team just needs to surround him with talent?

Everything about him screams "I got my money, I don't care." Maybe it's just me and he really is a diehard competitor. But, if he is, he has got to be the most laconic "want to be a superstar" I have ever seen.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being sarcastic. Haha

My question is.. Looking back on Sams career, who has he absolutely owned? Who did he just come out and light up?