• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sink the pink!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or so said AC/DC, 20 or so years ago. How does this all fit with basbeall you ask?

It seems Louisville Slugger has a monopoly on the pink labels for Mother’s Day bats permitted by MLB.
The Orioles’ Nick Markakis, the Nationals’ Jayson Werth and the Twins’ Trevor Plouffe were among the players informed by the league Friday that they won’t be able to use their custom label MaxBats on Sunday.
Of course, this isn’t going over particularly well.

"Markakis on not being able to use his MaxBat w pink label Sunday: "it would mean a little more to me w my Mom being a breast cancer survivor."

Plouffe, likewise, has a mother who is a cancer survivor.

Sorry Mom. I can’t use my Breast Cancer Awareness bat on Sunday because @May 10, 2013
Yahoo! Sports’ Jeff Passan says the Diamondbacks’ Jason Kubel, the Mariners’ Kendrys Morales and the Red Sox’s Jonny Gomes were also planning on using specially designed MaxBats on Sunday.
While Louisville Slugger has no exclusive deal with MLB in regards to the pink bats, they do own the rights to pink labels, which seems to be the problem here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, lemme get this straight...basically, Louisville Slugger owns the baseball rights to Breast Cancer Awareness? :wtf2:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I was really excited when I saw this thread's title

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, what would the fine have been for using their own pink bats? And, who would have levied it?

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
you honestly think mlb gives a rats fuck about breast cancer.....or about the money they make selling pink gear?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you honestly think mlb gives a rats fuck about breast cancer.....or about the money they make selling pink gear?

I am not so sure about the first part. However, the 2nd part, about making money, MLB is very interested in making money, of that I am certain.