• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Since it's coming Tuesday...how does Brady's appeal go?

What happens to Bradys 4 game suspension at his appeal?

• Stays at 4 games

• Reduced to 3 games

• Reduced to 2 games

• Reduced to 1 game

• Exonerated entirely, no suspension

• Goodell makes more rules up and adds 5 games

Results are only viewable after voting.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see.

I think the NFL will deflect this circus away from cheating and go after Brady's non-compliance by not giving up his personal phone. It'll be a court tussle between the NFL and the players association ... which will take several more months

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL will deflect this circus away from cheating and go after Brady's non-compliance by not giving up his personal phone. It'll be a court tussle between the NFL and the players association ... which will take several more months
The non-compliance will be a part of it. However the NFL learn some lessons from the Saints players cases and took steps to cover every complaint the judge had n that case,
1) Goodell set the punishment and was also in charge of the appeal . Thus Goodell having someone else hand out the punishment, then him being in charge of the appeal.

2) no real independent investigation. Thus the Wells report.

3) the appeal was a kangaroo court, with real effort put in by the NFL. Thus the 10 hour hearing

The other owners want this to happen, It's going to happen.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think the NFL won't want the Greg Hardy suspension and Brady to both be 4 games...

I don't think it matters in the least.

Goodell will come out and point out that Hardy missed a whole year last year too, that they tried to suspend him for longer and that in the future players who commit domestic violence will get more games.

Anyone saying that the NFL views domestic violence and deflating footballs the same because the punishments for both turned out the same is just making a cheap and completely inaccurate argument.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Wizard, couldn't disagree more. What happened in the Hardy case( as the Rice and AP case) was about winning a PR battle that the NFL isn't hard enough on domestic violence. 31 owners are willing to take this to court because they think the Pats cheated and the NFL will win. Looks like they'll be in court even if they reduce it, so all in for the NFL
Do you have any links that have owners saying they want this to go to court? Or where they think the Pats cheated?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it matters in the least.

Goodell will come out and point out that Hardy missed a whole year last year too, that they tried to suspend him for longer and that in the future players who commit domestic violence will get more games.

Anyone saying that the NFL views domestic violence and deflating footballs the same because the punishments for both turned out the same is just making a cheap and completely inaccurate argument.

You're right it only looks that way.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of agree and think it gives an easy out. Let's say he cooperates fully and admits to everything that we know he did (even if some pretend he didn't). Reduce the suspension to 1 game. Can you really make a case for more than a game for letting some air out of balls? I think if it's just the infraction that even one game is too much, but that's my personal opinion I guess.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree and think it gives an easy out. Let's say he cooperates fully and admits to everything that we know he did (even if some pretend he didn't). Reduce the suspension to 1 game. Can you really make a case for more than a game for letting some air out of balls? I think if it's just the infraction that even one game is too much, but that's my personal opinion I guess.

What is it that you know he did? And how is it that you know it?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately at this point this has nothing to do with any guilt on Brady's part or an appropriate punishment for the infraction. It's all about Goodell looking like the hard-ass he claims he is. Maybe he (and the owners) don't care if this gets dragged out over the course of next year (although I have to think they don't) but I think he's looking for that magic number that will save face for both Goodell and Brady. 1 will certainly work, two might. Anything else and it's in the courts.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately at this point this has nothing to do with any guilt on Brady's part or an appropriate punishment for the infraction. It's all about Goodell looking like the hard-ass he claims he is. Maybe he (and the owners) don't care if this gets dragged out over the course of next year (although I have to think they don't) but I think he's looking for that magic number that will save face for both Goodell and Brady. 1 will certainly work, two might. Anything else and it's in the courts.

1 may work, but it would have to be upon clearing him of equipment tampering and be for failure to turn over the phone. 2 is out. He goes to the feds on 2 or more, maybe even on 1.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 may work, but it would have to be upon clearing him of equipment tampering and be for failure to turn over the phone. 2 is out. He goes to the feds on 2 or more, maybe even on 1.

Brady might take 2 if he's just sick of the whole thing. Of course a lot would depend on whether his lawyers think he has a decent case.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know, is that if the refs kept over inflating my balls and I instructed my Dorito dinks to keep my balls the friggin way I like em, and some punk ass king-wannabe(s) said I illegally sucked the air out of those said balls, and I denied it, and those same punk ass king-wannabe(s) then called me a liar, and levied a fine on my ass, I wouldn't pay the fine ...

Unless I was a no-good cheatin liar and just wanted everything to go away ...

Brady can't take the penalty

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could find anyting to back up that position of yours I see.:pound:

Not it at all. Unlike you I have the ability to not have the same conversation 5,000 times with 50 different people. I am also objective and have a firm grasp of reality. Now carry on with your last word that we all know you must get on every topic. After all, he who speaks last, wins....

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to promote fair play and honest competition."
That is a quote that will stick with Tom Brady and New England for a long time.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta be shittin me ...

I'm a New Englander, and the only thing I'll remember is that "in the era of free agency, the Patriots football team had(has) the highest winning percentage in modern day football for well over a decade, all while under a scope of inept league management and social media, who couldn't understand the game or their success, so deflected all accomplishments towards a newly-illegal video camera position and soft game balls."