• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Since Elway took over the Broncos...

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still I doubt the Broncos do any worse than 9-7 at any point between now and say the 2020 season.

I have a feeling the quarterback position is going to affect our record quite a bit in upcoming seasons. If Sanchez starts all 16 in 2016, I wouldn't be surprised at an 8-8 or 7-9 season, even with our great D.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling the quarterback position is going to affect our record quite a bit in upcoming seasons. If Sanchez starts all 16 in 2016, I wouldn't be surprised at an 8-8 or 7-9 season, even with our great D.

I don't know. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if he starts all 16 in 2016. Consider what we keep saying to outsiders who have left the Broncos for dead this year. With as bad as the QB play was in 2015 do we really think Sanchez cannot be even a marginal improvement? Manning and Osweiler combined for ~4200 yards, 19 TDs, and 23 INT. I don't see Sanchez hitting 4000, more like 3300 or 3400. But I think he can give us 20+ passing TDs, and despite his historically high INT count, believe he can reign that in now that he is in a team situation better than any he's had since coming into the NFL.

So let's say he gives us 3400 yards, 26 TDs and 16 INTs. I think that's realistic, in fact. It's not overly optimistic or unrealistic on any of the three stats. I think that would be a huge overall improvement from the QB line from 2015. That's not going to light up scoreboards the way the 2012-2014 Broncos did, but it would likely make this offense a better overall unit, especially if the team's emphasis on the ground game works out. I think CJ is going to break 1200 yards and whoever our #2 is will be in the 750-800 range. I have a feeling the offense is going all in on the running game in 2016.

And if I'm right about these assumptions I don't see this team any worse than 10-6 even with Sanchez as the starter. I think 11-5 is a realistic expectation even.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any QB should have better numbers than our QBs had last year. But that's not really saying much.

So let's say he gives us 3400 yards, 26 TDs and 16 INTs. I think that's realistic, in fact.

I would say it is but...
Looking over Sanchez's stats, I'm dubious. 26 is his career high in TDs. Okay, 26 seems reasonable. Except outside of 2011, he's never thrown for 20 TDs in a season. While playing in a very pass happy era. That is not a stat that instills a great confidence in the Sanchize.

It took a Herculean effort from our D to get to and win a SB last year. If they have to carry the team again, I could definitely see it ending in a 8-8/7-9 season.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Denver has as even a shot at 8-8 or worse as they do at making it back to SB. I also believe the offense will have to be much better for any chance of the best scenario to happen. Sanchez or whoever is the QB, will need a very good run game this season or the odds go waaaaaaay down. The D will be stout again but they will need a lot more help from the O than they've been getting,that's for sure.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When talking about projecting records, also have to look at opponents. IMO this past year appears, on paper and we know that can change, like a much harder strength of schedule than next year's does. I'm down with 10 wins as our floor.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I can definitely understand the concerns with Sanchez and will acknowledge I may be more optimistic than many others. I just think with a WR group that includes DT (who I believe will be back to form in 2016) Sanders and Lattimer Sanchez has as deep an offense as he's ever had. To me the bigger question is not Sanchez himself so much as the offensive line and their ability to power the kind of run game we're going to need.

I'll not read too deeply into the passing stats Sanchez has posted with other teams, especially passing TDs. That is as much a product of offensive philosophy of his coaches as it is his limitations. I think he'd thrive under Kubiak, who has a proven record of getting the best production out of his QBs. Jake Plummer and Matt Schaub come to mind here. I think Sanchez can lead an offense much like the 2005 Broncos, who averaged just under 25 PPG and had a very efficient offense that scored on the heels of long time consuming drives. An offense like that, with this defense...that would be lethal to opponents.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this next season hinges a lot on the OL production. We had maybe some of the worst OL play I have seen in the Broncos in the last 15 or so years. I think 3 things played into this. 1) Injuries 2) Scheme Change 3) Youth. I guess you could say 4) too many new starters since we did have 4 new starters on the OL. The nice thing for this year is we will have 3 players that have been in this system for a year now and 2 players who have been in very similar schemes as our other 2 starters. So a lot more experience. I would say a group that is more geared towards the type of scheme we actually want to run. And hopefully the injuries don't hit like we saw last year.

If this unit can get the run game going then to me even an average QB can put up decent to good stats in a Kubiak ran system. He has it simplified down making reads very easy even for a first year player if that is what happens. I will say I do like our chances with the divisions we are playing in the AFC South and the NFC South. While I have liked some of the moves those teams have made they also have been some of the worst teams in the entire league for a few years now. Another nice thing is a lot of those teams do play right into the strength of our defense as most were terrible run teams that leaned heavily on the pass game.

We actually only play 3 teams that finished in the top-10 for rushing

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still going to grind teams up . 13-3 .. I know that is not going to be easy .... we still need S to make thay happen to be realistic . My deal is I believe in Elway .. my guess is that is our next UFA sign after Hillman

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Webster a S sounds pretty good ..

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I can definitely understand the concerns with Sanchez and will acknowledge I may be more optimistic than many others. I just think with a WR group that includes DT (who I believe will be back to form in 2016) Sanders and Lattimer Sanchez has as deep an offense as he's ever had. To me the bigger question is not Sanchez himself so much as the offensive line and their ability to power the kind of run game we're going to need.

I'll not read too deeply into the passing stats Sanchez has posted with other teams, especially passing TDs. That is as much a product of offensive philosophy of his coaches as it is his limitations. I think he'd thrive under Kubiak, who has a proven record of getting the best production out of his QBs. Jake Plummer and Matt Schaub come to mind here. I think Sanchez can lead an offense much like the 2005 Broncos, who averaged just under 25 PPG and had a very efficient offense that scored on the heels of long time consuming drives. An offense like that, with this defense...that would be lethal to opponents.
Not sure I'd agree that this Denver offense was/is that much better than what Sanchez had from 09-11 in NY with the likes of Dustin Keller, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, LaDainian Tomlinson...it can also be argued the Jets Oline was better? Sanchez will be Sanchez no matter where he goes. He is what he is.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In was a little skeptical when Elway took over for the Broncos but he's done a great job....despite this offseason being an odd one.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd agree that this Denver offense was/is that much better than what Sanchez had from 09-11 in NY with the likes of Dustin Keller, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, LaDainian Tomlinson...it can also be argued the Jets Oline was better? Sanchez will be Sanchez no matter where he goes. He is what he is.

Elway / Kubiak Understands what they have better than us fans .. they have stated a number of times OL will be addressed they are not done . The running game will stop DE from crashing down on the pocket .. last year no holding up a second this year they will do that or 6 points .

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway / Kubiak Understands what they have better than us fans .. they have stated a number of times OL will be addressed they are not done . The running game will stop DE from crashing down on the pocket .. last year no holding up a second this year they will do that or 6 points .
I should hope they understand better than me. Otherwise Pat Bowlen is wasting a lot of money.
Not sure what point you're making? I was responding to the fact the receivers are not that much better than those Sanchez had in NY. I also mentioned NY had a better Oline. So even if Kubiac and Elway can find an Oline starter with pick 31 or 60 whatever that at best case makes the two lines in discussion equal.
Thus the point Sanchez will likely be Sanchez. You get what you see with him. Is that enough to get Denver back to the SB? Only time will tell.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline not done . We plan on running the ball down your teams throat ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't sit here and say with a straight face in my opinion that Edwards, Burress, and Holmes compare to that of DT and Sanders combined. I mean we are talking guys who the past 2 years have finished easily top-10 in almost every WR stat. Some of the Jets guys couldn't crack the top-25.

As for the run game. Right now we are in the early stages of figuring out what the Broncos have. Switching to Kubiak's ZBS takes a bit of time so let's just wait and see what we have in year two. I don't think Tomlinson's stats though are all that hard to mimic. I mean 2011 he was down right terrible. 2010 he didn't even crack a thousand yards. In fact Hillman this past year splitting carries with Anderson was pretty close to matching his stats of 2010 even with a terrible OL in front of him. Anderson blew him away on the yards per carry but couldn't stay healthy the entire year.

So I don't think the Jets offense from 09-11 was all that great. I mean 2010 is the only year the Jets offense finished higher than 20th during the time that Sanchez was in town. Now you can say Sanchez had a big part in why that was the case but to say they were anything but a below average offense is just lying to yourself.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't sit here and say with a straight face in my opinion that Edwards, Burress, and Holmes compare to that of DT and Sanders combined. I mean we are talking guys who the past 2 years have finished easily top-10 in almost every WR stat. Some of the Jets guys couldn't crack the top-25.

As for the run game. Right now we are in the early stages of figuring out what the Broncos have. Switching to Kubiak's ZBS takes a bit of time so let's just wait and see what we have in year two. I don't think Tomlinson's stats though are all that hard to mimic. I mean 2011 he was down right terrible. 2010 he didn't even crack a thousand yards. In fact Hillman this past year splitting carries with Anderson was pretty close to matching his stats of 2010 even with a terrible OL in front of him. Anderson blew him away on the yards per carry but couldn't stay healthy the entire year.

So I don't think the Jets offense from 09-11 was that great. I mean 2010 is the only year the Jets offense finished higher than 20th during the time that Sanchez was in town. Now you can say Sanchez had a big part in why that was the case but to say they were anything but a below average offense is just lying to yourself.
My comparison is on the offense as a whole not just a couple key players. I only mentioned players because the Denver players had been introduced. Nor did I even speculate the Jets had a great Offense. It was a comparison to the weak offense Denver had last year. This year is yet to be seen. So everything is speculation as to what the Denver receivers and RBs will do?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comparison is on the offense as a whole not just a couple key players. I only mentioned players because the Denver players had been introduced. Nor did I even speculate the Jets had a great Offense. It was a comparison to the weak offense Denver had last year. This year is yet to be seen. So everything is speculation as to what the Denver receivers and RBs will do?

What I meant is saying that Sanchez had similar weapons or comparable weapons when with the Jets is just not paying attention to the situation. I mean even with terrible QB play DT was still a top-10 WR pretty easily. I mean he had a down year by his and our standards and still put up good numbers. Sanders falls into that same category. So when they can put up good to great numbers even with the worst QB play in the league it should show the weapons that any new QB is walking into. As for the running game I wouldn't say that was all that great behind Sanchez either in NY. LT was a shell of himself when he came to the Jets where at least for the Broncos Anderson is just getting ready to enter his prime and has shown when healthy to be one of the more explosive RB's in the league. So it comes down to OL. Because the Broncos don't know what they have right now with some new pieces and such a young unit I will give the Jets the OL. I would say though if Sanchez has a chance to do well it would be in Denver. They have some weapons that can make life much easier on him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant is saying that Sanchez had similar weapons or comparable weapons when with the Jets is just not paying attention to the situation. I mean even with terrible QB play DT was still a top-10 WR pretty easily. I mean he had a down year by his and our standards and still put up good numbers. Sanders falls into that same category. So when they can put up good to great numbers even with the worst QB play in the league it should show the weapons that any new QB is walking into. As for the running game I wouldn't say that was all that great behind Sanchez either in NY. LT was a shell of himself when he came to the Jets where at least for the Broncos Anderson is just getting ready to enter his prime and has shown when healthy to be one of the more explosive RB's in the league. So it comes down to OL. Because the Broncos don't know what they have right now with some new pieces and such a young unit I will give the Jets the OL. I would say though if Sanchez has a chance to do well it would be in Denver. They have some weapons that can make life much easier on him.
Let's not forget the actual prime back for NY was Shonn Green who had back to back 1000 yard seasons. So can we call RB a wash? Slight advantage based off of last years numbers goes to Denvers' WRs. So yeah it comes down to Oline. Which we both agree was better in NY. Which goes back to my original post. Good luck Sanchez if that libe isn't fixed. Denver could have the 5 best WRs and RBs in the league. If they can't block for Sanchez he'll be his normal turnover machine. Unlike what Peyton did to keep Denver in games. We saw what happened in the AFCCG when you can't protect. Brady gets rid of the ball a lot quicker and makes better decisions than Sanchez. This draft is D heavy. Expect teams to improve. Yet Olinemen is weak. Good luck if Sanchez is indeed your starter.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget the actual prime back for NY was Shonn Green who had back to back 1000 yard seasons. So can we call RB a wash? Slight advantage based off of last years numbers goes to Denvers' WRs. So yeah it comes down to Oline. Which we both agree was better in NY. Which goes back to my original post. Good luck Sanchez if that libe isn't fixed. Denver could have the 5 best WRs and RBs in the league. If they can't block for Sanchez he'll be his normal turnover machine. Unlike what Peyton did to keep Denver in games. We saw what happened in the AFCCG when you can't protect. Brady gets rid of the ball a lot quicker and makes better decisions than Sanchez. This draft is D heavy. Expect teams to improve. Yet Olinemen is weak. Good luck if Sanchez is indeed your starter.

Well I would say Sanchez definitely has an improved OL in front of him compared to what Manning and company had for them.

Okung compared to Harris--Harris was our 3rd string LT so my guess is Okung should be an upgrade.

Sambrailo compared to Mathis--Give this one to Mathis as we have no clue what Sambrailo will be

Paradis compared to Paradis--This year's version should be better as last year was Paradis' first ever snaps in an NFL game. Year 2 he should be better.

Garcia compared to Vasquez--Garcia is a much better fit scheme wise. Vasquez while a good player really struggled in our ZBS. He is more of a PBS type player

Stephenson compared to Schofield--Again Schofield was our 3rd string RT so Stephenson should be a huge upgrade over what we had.

So yes the OL does look much improved especially on the outside. Last year our OL was decimated by injuries.

As for it compared to the Jets I said that we don't know what the Broncos are because of youth and new players. Doesn't mean they are a worse group than the Jets of 09'. Have to wait and see. I give the Jets the nod only because of the unknown of the Broncos.