• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should The Rams Trade Up For MM??

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the Bucs would deal with us if we gave them this years 10th pick, our 2nd rd and next years 1st 2nd & 4th rd picks. I don't think the price would be quite as steep as it was for the RG3 trade because everyone now sees how bad that was and really crippled the redskins. Basically no team will offer that.

The Rams are now in much better position then the Skins were at that time to give up some pics. They are young. The D is pretty much set. We need to fill some holes on the Oline for sure but maybe we can get at least two studs in FA. We could still get a good Oline man in the 3rd. It's a tough call. Maybe JW falls to us at 10 and we don't have to give up picks but you don't know. So think about it... Would you pull the trigger?

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are going to be a few gun slingers in the draft, and I think the Rams are a little further away from contention than just a QB...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are going to be a few gun slingers in the draft, and I think the Rams are a little further away from contention than just a QB...

I can't imagine being a lion fan and seeing them pick up that flag today for pass int. Tell me how far did you throw your TV?

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams' reverse philosophy, Foundation first, top notch (and healthy) QB last, is going to work out well. There, I said it.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine being a lion fan and seeing them pick up that flag today for pass int. Tell me how far did you throw your TV?
It was heart breaking, as it would be for any team. If it were any team that had that done against them and possibly lost the game for it, they would blame the refs too. Yes, even Cowboy fans. You can defend dumb rules all you want, this that, and the other thing, but in the end the Lions did not make all the stops they needed to either. They had 2 holding calls on the final Cowboys drive that kept them going on third down. So that also played a part.

I would congratulate the Cowboys, but nobody that is a fan of them is willing to concede that the refs blew that particular call... So they can shove the win up their asses until then.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was heart breaking, as it would be for any team. If it were any team that had that done against them and possibly lost the game for it, they would blame the refs too. Yes, even Cowboy fans. You can defend dumb rules all you want, this that, and the other thing, but in the end the Lions did not make all the stops they needed to either. They had 2 holding calls on the final Cowboys drive that kept them going on third down. So that also played a part.

I would congratulate the Cowboys, but nobody that is a fan of them is willing to concede that the refs blew that particular call... So they can shove the win up their asses until then.

Well that "stinks" Pepe! That call was ridiculous and also not throwing one on Bryant when he went on the field, without his helmet to complain, I noticed that when it happened and wondered what he Hell are you complaining about, go sit your ass back down. And then they pick up the flag, the Lions deserve an apology from the league! Won't mean much, but they should! Hope the Boys get throttled next week!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I don't think TB would trade.

Second, no, I would not do that trade.

The Rams need more than just a QB. They need half an OL first. No QB can succeed behind the Rams OL.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after watching the Redskins give up the farm to draft a spread QB, only to watch him struggle in the NFL, you want the Rams to do the exact same thing?

"Those that Ignore History are Doomed to Repeat It"

I'm not saying RGIII and MM are the same player. I'm just saying that history has not been kind to spread option QB's. The spread option in college is so simplified that it actually stunts the growth of players headed to the NFL. There are more run reads than pass reads in the college spread. One needs only to look at this years playoff field to see this. One. Newton, and he has had his struggles.

Brady
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Manning
Luck
Wilson
Romo
Flacco
Newton
Stafford
Lindley(Stanton/Palmer)

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after watching the Redskins give up the farm to draft a spread QB, only to watch him struggle in the NFL, you want the Rams to do the exact same thing?

"Those that Ignore History are Doomed to Repeat It"

I'm not saying RGIII and MM are the same player. I'm just saying that history has not been kind to spread option QB's. The spread option in college is so simplified that it actually stunts the growth of players headed to the NFL. There are more run reads than pass reads in the college spread. One needs only to look at this years playoff field to see this. One. Newton, and he has had his struggles.

Brady
Rodgers
Roethlisberger
Manning
Luck
Wilson
Romo
Flacco
Newton
Stafford
Lindley(Stanton/Palmer)

Whoa. Hold on if your talking to me. I didn't say I wanted to trade up. I just made a post to see what people are thinking.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't directed at you, just an answer to your question. I'm sorry if it came off that way, 27.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks... I wouldn't give up two drafts for a QB. We need more starters.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want the Bucs doing to us what we did to the Redskins.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_inline_mjtih0PBQn1qz4rgp.gif

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Don't draft HT winners

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do that trade. But then again, I'm not sold on Mariota either, so I'm probably not your target audience lol.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how the heck would you even mortgage that trade?

its not like we have alot of trade bait