• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should The Rams Have Taken The Browns 1st?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was reported the Browns offered the 19th overall pick for Bradford and the Rams said no because they wanted a QB In return. The Browns then offered the same deal to the Eagles but again they said no also. The Browns have been rumored to have been trying to get Bradford for a few years now so I was thinking. I find it hard to believe if the Rams would have said we want Josh McCown In the deal too that the Browns would have said no. McCown would be under contract for 3 years at around 4.5m a year, pretty cheap. So do you think McCown could get the job done? Having the 10th & the 19th pick would have been pretty nice.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't buy it. You're telling me the Rams couldn't have at the same time secured a deal for Foles(lets say a second rounder)and made the deal with the Browns for a 1st rounder? Instead of a straight deal for a first rounder, we took a deal where we have to return a a pick next year if Bradford gets hurt or doesn't perform well? Doesn't make sense. I feel like we're missing something here.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't buy it. You're telling me the Rams couldn't have at the same time secured a deal for Foles(lets say a second rounder)and made the deal with the Browns for a 1st rounder? Instead of a straight deal for a first rounder, we took a deal where we have to return a a pick next year if Bradford gets hurt or doesn't perform well? Doesn't make sense. I feel like we're missing something here.

no no take the Foles deal away. the Browns offered the 19th pick before the Foles deal. but the rams said no because they wanted a QB in return. but I'm not sure they even asked about McCown but if they would have i bet the Browns would have thrown McCown in the deal. they are desperate for a QB and wanted Bradford.

so would you rather have 19th pick and McCown for 3 years at 4.5m a year or

Foles & next years 2nd at 1.5m for 1 year. he's a FA next year.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no no take the Foles deal away. the Browns offered the 19th pick before the Foles deal. but the rams said no because they wanted a QB in return. but I'm not sure they even asked about McCown but if they would have i bet the Browns would have thrown McCown in the deal. they are desperate for a QB and wanted Bradford.

I'd much rather have Foles as our QB. However, I would make the deal for McCown and the #1.... but still try to work out a deal for Foles afterwards...If we couldn't get Foles at that point, so be it

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is obvious fellas that Snisher wanted Foles all along and not McCown. That's why they turned the down the Cleveland offer.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather have Foles instead of the #19 pick. I might be one of the few, but I feel that Foles is a better QB than Bradford. He fits the mold in terms of what Fisher wants his QB to do in this offense.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pic of Jim Everette is killing me :Cry:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather have Foles instead of the #19 pick. I might be one of the few, but I feel that Foles is a better QB than Bradford. He fits the mold in terms of what Fisher wants his QB to do in this offense.

Foles certainly has more upside then McCown so i can see why they went that way. but i want that 19th pick lol

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Foles over McCown so I'm fine with the direction they went.

no telling how the draft will play out and who would've been available at #19.

worst case scenario, the Rams moved up a round for both drafts and got a QB that has proven he can win in this league.

and Foles is at least cheaper right now allowing the Rams to address some much needed positions.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, we got so many more picks with Philly than Cleveland was willing to part with. WE have not had a big QB since Everett and Foles is a big dude. 6'6, 250lbs.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, we got so many more picks with Philly than Cleveland was willing to part with. WE have not had a big QB since Everett and Foles is a big dude. 6'6, 250lbs.

Damn Retro, you're bringing back memories! I had a Jim Everett jersey when I was 3 years old. I've literally been a Rams fan since I was a toddler.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown is journeyman back-up material at best. He's basically Shawn Hill with a few good games in a QB friendly scheme. The fact that even the Browns know that and were chasing Bradford with McCown already on the roster should reinforce that. A better QB, a 2nd rounder next year, and moving up a round this year is better than the #19 pick and still not having a valid starting QB. The #19 isn't going to get a franchise QB this year either.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Cleveland wanted Sammie so bad they would have offered McCown and the pick-without the Rams asking

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No,you're not alone, there are quite a few that think Foles is better than Bradford!

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather have Foles than the 19th pick and Josh McCown. For one, I don't see McCown getting the job done here. Two, as far as QBs, in the draft go, I only hear about Mariota and Winston and both would be gone by our 10th pick. The only reason to pick up a second pick in the first round would be to get a QB and since those two would be gone, it wouldn't work in our favor IMO.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland wanted Sammie so bad they would have offered McCown and the pick-without the Rams asking

It just kills you how highly NFL teams value him. You know... people who know talent.:nod: You must concede Smed! :nono:

They probably did offer McCown. It's not like they can let that leak out.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather have Foles than the 19th pick and Josh McCown. For one, I don't see McCown getting the job done here. Two, as far as QBs, in the draft go, I only hear about Mariota and Winston and both would be gone by our 10th pick. The only reason to pick up a second pick in the first round would be to get a QB and since those two would be gone, it wouldn't work in our favor IMO.

Not necessarily. you can still get a good impact starter at 19. We have plenty of holes to fill. Remember we added a guy like Donald last year with our other first rd pick. And then have the option to get a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd to learn behing McCown for a year. Adding two starters with first rd talent is never a bad thing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. you can still get a good impact starter at 19. We have plenty of holes to fill. Remember we added a guy like Donald last year with our other first rd pick. And then have the option to get a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd to learn behing McCown for a year. Adding two starters with first rd talent is never a bad thing.

...but you still wouldn't have a valid option to start at QB. McCown shouldn't be starting in the NFL.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...but you still wouldn't have a valid option to start at QB. McCown shouldn't be starting in the NFL.

True but we're use to that :D I hope Case Keenum gets a shot this year. I think he might surprise us.