• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Oakland Raiders Take Teddy Bridgewater in the First Round of the NFL Draft

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Oakland Raiders Take Teddy Bridgewater in the First Round of the NFL Draft?

Reggie McKenzie Showing Interest in Bridge, Meaning Raiders Could Have Quarterback of the Future

COMMENTARY | When you come into the NFL draft with as many unanswered questions as the Oakland Raiders, anything is possible.
And when one of the those questions is, "Who's going to be our future quarterback?' well, then the speculations start to surface.

Up until about two weeks ago, Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater was the unanimous No. 1 overall selection on everyone's board. Rescuing the Houston Texans from their 2013 disaster campaign seemed inevitable for Bridgewater's future.

Fast forward two weeks, and some experts have him falling all the way to the Raiders at No. 5, a team that hasn't had a franchise quarterback since Rich Gannon.

Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle reported Wednesday that Bridgewater is the only first-round quarterback the Raiders are intrigued by. That means no to Blake Bortles, and so long to Johnny Football.

And that's fine.

Bridgewater is the only quarterback worthy of a top-five pick, in my opinion, and it seems like general manager Reggie McKenzie feels the same way.

Rest at link,,,Y! SPORTS

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the Raiders are very high on Teddy B.. But they are very high on Johnny Football as well!! Cant show all our cards cuz we need one of them to fall to us!! Unless we trade up for one of them.. And I CAN see us trading up to 1 or 2 to make sure we get one of them.. Man how crazy would that be to have either JF OR Teddy B take snaps for us..

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the Raiders are very high on Teddy B.. But they are very high on Johnny Football as well!! Cant show all our cards cuz we need one of them to fall to us!! Unless we trade up for one of them.. And I CAN see us trading up to 1 or 2 to make sure we get one of them.. Man how crazy would that be to have either JF OR Teddy B take snaps for us..

I would go Ted personally.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between JF or TB, i'd go with JF. Manziel will have a better NFL career than TB. Frankly, I think Bridgewater was a bit overrated.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between JF or TB, i'd go with JF. Manziel will have a better NFL career than TB. Frankly, I think Bridgewater was a bit overrated.

So you are in the line of thinking Manziel is better for what the "new" league is? i can see that but i am not sure he will stand up well being hit often,but hey maybe i am wrong been there before.

Oakland is in a very pivotal moment as a franchise imo they can do a ton of things so it will be interesting how the GM and the rest use this opportunity.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing though many NFL coaches lost their heads due to what Seattle did,i am not saying that being a Hawk homer it is fact and in this NFL it is either produce or you are gone, things are speeding up,which i kinda feel is wrong because it takes most more often than not a good 2 to 4 years to develop something to know whether it is good or not in the direction of a GM scouting staff,coach etc.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are in the line of thinking Manziel is better for what the "new" league is? i can see that but i am not sure he will stand up well being hit often,but hey maybe i am wrong been there before.

Oakland is in a very pivotal moment as a franchise imo they can do a ton of things so it will be interesting how the GM and the rest use this opportunity.

The success that Cam, Wilson, Kaep has had thus far, gives me no reason to not believe Manziel can do the same. He has a strong arm and is very mobile. I honestly think he will be a good NFL QB. Also, i'm just a biased Johnny Football fan :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole SportsHoopla right now surrounding the quarterbacks in this class will get worked out over the next few months. My guess is by the end of it we will have a clear #1 or at least a guy the majority believes is the top guy. Right now Bortles, Teddy B, and Johnny football all have fans in their corner to be the top quarterback taken. I remember a few years ago the consensus #1 pick in the draft at this time of the year was a DE Da'Quan Bowers and how he was the next Julius Peppers which worked out perfect since Carolina had just lost Peppers. As the draft process went on and more came out about his knee he quickly dropped. So I wouldn't read too much into where prospects are expected to go right now.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Football has it all.. The arm, legs, football smarts, and the love for the game!! BIGTIME PLAYMAKER.. Fans say he is small and is going get hurt!! Really?? JF blew up SEC Ds were most of that NFL D talent comes from, and he never missed games.. Heck 5 11 RW just won a SB!! If JF HITS it big in the NFL, He would bring crazy hype, money, WINS, and be the most talked about player in the game!! And what do the Raiders NEED?? A player like that!! Can he bust?? Of course just like every other player can.. JF, Teddy B, Bortles, Carr in that order is my draft board with Sammy Watkins 5..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we pass on QB this year?? Im good with Pryor as our starter and taking Watkins at 5.. Pick up some Vet in FA and see how it shakes out.. Pryor will be better this year than he was the first part of last year when he broke NFL and Raider records..

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last thing the Raiders need right now is another QB. They need to rebuild their O line first.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My short answer is no, the Raiders should not take TB with their #5 selection. So many holes to fill, our need for a franchise QB is overshadowed by need for depth and talent on both O-line and D-line. Both of our young QBs showed promise last year, but until we establish a strong ground game almost any QB will struggle to produce. I am far from an expert, but unless Reggie feels like TB JF or BB are a can't miss prospect I think our priorities lie elsewhere.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey flaraider, who would you draft with our top 5 pick?? A lot of great players to choose from and they ALL would fill a need..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel, Teddy B, Bortles, Carr.. Will the Raiders pick one of these guys?? I would say about a 68% chance they do.. If we pass on QB I think Watkins would be our pick, with us picking up Freeman in FA.. Does Freeman get that hype and hope flowing in the mind of Raider fan?? Freeman and Olson go way back, So ya know if we pass on QB Freeman will be our guy!!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey flaraider, who would you draft with our top 5 pick?? A lot of great players to choose from and they ALL would fill a need..

I'm with you there idaho, honestly I want a beast of a team, dominant big men, and that is where I would start, I really feel like we have some decent talent at the skill positions, but w/o a solid O and D line, we will continue to struggle.

I took Ryan Matthews with my mock pick.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
flaraider I went looking for that mock draft and could not find it for some reason?? I wanted to see who you guys all took.. Matthews eh?? Great pick!! And ya know me im always crying for OL lol.. I just think we should go QB this year with our first pick.. Lets see how FA shakes out, we should have a better idea who our top pick would be..

Lonewolf

Just win baby.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater is only QB I'd take

The kid is accurate as all get out and accuracy is what finds success in the NFL.

If Clowney is gone and he falls we'd be fools not to take him.

That being said, I sincerely hope we trade down.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you there idaho, honestly I want a beast of a team, dominant big men, and that is where I would start, I really feel like we have some decent talent at the skill positions, but w/o a solid O and D line, we will continue to struggle.

I took Jake Matthews with my mock pick.

I fif meself

Ka'Deem Carey in the 2nd, 3rd round we are OTC @ 5:00, I will be looking for the best D talent available. Suggestions welcome.