• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the KC assistant coach be disciplined for pushing an opponent off of one of his players on the sidelines?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hypothetically speaking then, if a player is stomping on another player, then no one should be allowed to touch the stomper, or only players, or should coaches be allowed to as well?
He didn't stomp on CEH. Did you even watch the play?

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was ejected to stepping on the other player. The ref had originally flagged the KC sideline for unsportsmanlike conduct, only to amend the call to instead flag the player, and also eject him. I thought it had received a call from NY that saw the stomping and that is what they flagged and the reasoning behind the ejection. Is that not correct? If it was simply about shoving each other, then I would agree with you.
Harrison initially was not in trouble for anything until the review. After the review, they tossed Harrison for shoving the coach. Had nothing to do with the accidentally stomping. And if you look at the video, it appears that he was actually trying to get off of Edwards-Helaire and HE tangled Harrison up more. Can't really tell if he grabbed his leg or not, but the momentum of Harrison's body made it look that way to me.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison initially was not in trouble for anything until the review. After the review, they tossed Harrison for shoving the coach. Had nothing to do with the accidentally stomping. And if you look at the video, it appears that he was actually trying to get off of Edwards-Helaire and HE tangled Harrison up more. Can't really tell if he grabbed his leg or not, but the momentum of Harrison's body made it look that way to me.
gotcha, I was watching the game, but didn't see anything afterwards. Just assumed the call was because of the stomp

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree.
1st off some of these players need to grow a set.
the guy was stepping on his player. pushing him off of his player is equivalent to coaches trying to break up a fight where they are often pushing or pulling guys in full pads mind you. I am fine with what the coach did. & no it isnt even steven. A player is never allowed to manhandle a ref or a coach in any manner at any time.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Lewis should absolutely be disciplined.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to liberals, blacks they don't approve above are white supremacists. Never argue with children or crazy people my dad used to say.
Why are you infecting the NFL board with political bullshit? This is supposed to be about football. Nobody here wants to hear it from either side.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree.
1st off some of these players need to grow a set.
the guy was stepping on his player. pushing him off of his player is equivalent to coaches trying to break up a fight where they are often pushing or pulling guys in full pads mind you. I am fine with what the coach did. & no it isnt even steven. A player is never allowed to manhandle a ref or a coach in any manner at any time.
I completely agree with this. That is how I saw it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it seems that it's now legal for coaches on the sidelines to push opposing players. What happened last Sunday will happen again this season if the league does nothing.

The Browns should consider adding James Harrison to the coaching staff as a sideline enforcer. Next opposing player that steps foot on the Browns sideline will be greeted by Mr. Harrison.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For anyone silly enough to take this seriously.

sarcasm2.gif

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns' Tretter: KC coach should face discipline

I don't see how this is even a story, but evidently players want this coach disciplined. The guy was stepping on a player when he was pushed off of him. The guy even got ejected from the game. If I were the assistant coach, I would have done the same thing.
1) Harrison did not intentionally step on the downed player. But he did.
2) The coach should not have shoved Harrison. But he did, intentionally. But to his merit, he was protecting his player.
3) Harrison Should not have retaliated. But he did, intentionally, and with much greater effect.

When New York reviewed the play, they should have seen all of that and booted the coach too.