• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Nedo / Baze be in D league?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nedo put up 31 pts on 12 shots tonight

Just the same Nedo who jumps in the air and turns it over at will, he got his swirl on and was burning the net down there.

If you read MT2's article, Nedo was in attack mode and pushing it at the rim at will. Injuries aside, I've felt that he should have been there more this year getting use to "NBA level talent".

Siting on the bench and watching Baze celebrate doesn't exactly teach you much about the game.

As for Baze, he needs to go work on his handling, and remember what got him to the big show.

Confidence goes a long way.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nedo has looked good the last two games he's played for the Warriors. I think once the entire roster is healthy, they may ship him down to the D-League to get more playing time and experience. The beginning of the year he kind of looked like a Deer in the Headlights when he was playing. The last two games he's looked way more under control. His shot will be a work in progress for the next year (maybe two?) but he's already a servicable 3rd string PG.

I'm kind of at a loss at what to do with Bazemore. I fully believe he's been hurt by the coaching staff by putting too much on his plate. He's not a PG. He'll never be a PG. That experiment should be over. If they send him to the D-League, he'll be playing a 2. If he comes back up, he needs to be a 2 again. Otherwise it really serves no purpose.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1c-x8TYKwI"]Nedo needs to get consistent run like this[/ame]

I'd like to think he could do that up here eventually, but until that day comes, I'd rather he work on his game down south.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to see Nedo get the back up point minutes in the past few days.

Baze hasn't played much except in blow out games.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bazemore doesn't really have a role on this team, if you ask me, and he should be reader for anything we can get - even one of those top-55 protected second round draft picks.

He basically made the team last year on the basis of a final pre-season game where he blocked 7 or 8 shots, but he didn't make any kind of a dent on the court. This summer he looked good playing against inferior talent, but it doesn't take much to see that he can't handle the ball at all, and his defense really isn't that good, despite his arms which hang down to the floor.

Nedovic has potential, he simply needs to figure out when to attack and when to let the game come to him. At this point, I'd happily see him get all the back-up PG minutes (along with Douglas, when healthy), and I'd rather have an open roster spot than Bazemore.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Anthony Davis out a month and a half now the Pelicans can begin tanking. I'd call them up and see if we could swap Bazemore for Anthony Morrow. Morrow would be perfect on our team for the second unit.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Anthony Davis out a month and a half now the Pelicans can begin tanking. I'd call them up and see if we could swap Bazemore for Anthony Morrow. Morrow would be perfect on our team for the second unit.

Morrow is a proven NBA caliber player who is deadly from the 3point line (in the corners atleast)

Baze is most famous for bench celebrations + Popcorn in his Audi.

Pelicans, already have Reke Evans, GOrdon, Jrue Holiday, Austin Rivers, a guy named Brian Roberts, in their backcourt, trading for Baze would be a lateral move at best.

I would have to Morrow, he could be our teams poor mans' JJ Reddick (for Flop City), but he would probably cost us a 2nd round pick in additional to Baze, PASS.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, Nedo going to do Dleague for a game or two. Might aswell do something down there since he's basically permaplanted to bench now.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Crawford is on board, I'd really like to just see Nedo spend as much time as possible with the D-League team. I still like him being shuttled back and forth so he gets to practice with the big club. Any experience is good experience, imo.