• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should I drop Will Myers?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No those should be the four but next year Votto could be healthier. I cannot just drop him. I would have to get something for him, but no one would probably bite. So he has to be keeper five. The sixth would probably go to Taveras. I like Rendon but Taveras is a future stud.

I have Votto in a 12 team H2H league that keeps 8. Votto has been one of my keepers since he came into the league. I'm letting him go next year. Sometimes you just have to walk away.

Can he have a great year next year, sure. But the power isn't coming back, hitting at the top of the lineup the RBI production isn't gonna be there, and he'll be 31. 31 isn't old, but for someone that isn't hitting for much power anymore, it is. Rendon is a much better keeper option than Votto. Combine him with Abreu, Springer, Cole & Cueto, you've got a nice young core with upside. If you want to flip a coin on his as your final keeper that's your call. I wouldn't.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if I can keep Cueto now. T.Walker is younger and plays for the mariners.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I not keep Votto these would be keepers
Abreu
Rendon
Taveras
Springer
Cole
Walker

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I not keep Votto these would be keepers
Abreu
Rendon
Taveras
Springer
Cole
Walker

Put a question mark on Taveras. If he doesn't finish the year strong you can probably let him go and get him back. With only 6 keepers people will be keeping their best, meaning there will be a slew of prospects available along with a lot of pitchers since teams generally keep hitters over pitchers (except in points leagues).

Do you have a shot at the playoffs this year? If not, maybe package Cueto along with some other players and see if you can land a big bat for next year. If you're not gonna keep him and not gonna make the playoffs, might as well see if you can get something out of him (and any other player you're not going to keep).

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt look good for my chances of making the playoffs. But I get Trumbo and Lee back next week and have the division leader one more time to try to make something happen. This week I was leading and he is playing the third guy, the LM who is inactive, in our division this week.