• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Houston blow it up in the offseason?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they are serious about trading Dwight. Once again he has a problem playing with a dominant 2-guard. I saw this coming when he chose Houston over L.A. He basically left for a similar situation. This guy so wants to be the man but doesn't realize he's incapable of it at this point in his career. His next contract could be pushing $150mil territory. Yikes!
other than Boston...and maybe Miami...or maaaaaaaaaaybe charlotte, i have no clue where he would wind up....i cant see any western team...none of them make much sense.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might not even wait until the offseason.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they bring back the rebounder and defender. He's going to want to finish his career somewhere putting up 15-16 layups/dunks a game.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets are likely for a big turnover in the off-season anyways. DMo, Terrance Jones, Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, Marcus Thorton, will all be free agents.

The Rockets are not going to make it over the hump if James Harden doesn't step it up on the defensive end of the court. His brilliance on offense is overshadowed by his attention on the defensive end. If you're a teammate of his, why would you want to play with him. On offense he usually has the ball in his hands with isolation plays and on defense you have to cover up for his deficiencies. It's always going to affect chemistry on the team.

The Rockets should try to trade Howard now and get either some young talent or draft picks. I really like Capela and think he can be very good. Beverly is a perfect fit next to Harden in the back court. Ariza is still productive.

The problem with the Rockets hasn't been talent this year. It's been chemistry. You can't fix that unless an overhaul is done.

Capela will fit in better than Howard. Howard thinks he should be the man.....Capela just rebounds and plays defense....getting his own offense on putbacks and such.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're looking to blow it up now, think Harden and Dwight will be moved. I think Dwight is moved by next week. That team is a mess

This. Houston is shopping Howard and Fegan has the green light to talk with other teams about trades and extensions.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy so wants to be the man but doesn't realize he's incapable of it at this point in his career.

And that's the problem. He wants to be "the man" and be the one who leads a team to a title. The problem is, he doesn't know how to lead that type of team and they would already have their established leaders anyway.

So, if he goes to a team that can contend, he's not going to be "the man" so he'll start his bitching about "touches," etc. again.

And if he goes to a team where he can be considered "the man," it'll be a team that isn't good enough win a title.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching these guys last night vs Portland, I was amazed at just how bad they are and how terrible team chemistry they have. None of those guys look like they want to be playing basketball right now.

I don't think the Rockets make the playoffs.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight still wants to be "the man" ? Wouldn't have guessed it. When I see him play, I wonder if he even wants to be playing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight still wants to be "the man" ? Wouldn't have guessed it. When I see him play, I wonder if he even wants to be playing.

That's what happens when he starts pouting because he's not "the man." The next step is intentionally fouling out of games.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what happens when he starts pouting because he's not "the man." The next step is intentionally fouling out of games.
That guy should be embarrassed. All the promise in the world to be one of the most dominant players and big man of his era, and he fell flat on his face. Absolutely wasted talent.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't know if any team would want Howard at this point. He seems like much more of a risk than any sort of benefit. And Godforbid if in his mind he doesn't approve of the team he is being traded to. Can't imagine what he would do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy should be embarrassed. All the promise in the world to be one of the most dominant players and big man of his era, and he fell flat on his face. Absolutely wasted talent.

That's why there were very, very few Lakers fans who were bothered when he left for Houston. Better to be where the Lakers are and going through a total rebuild, than being stuck in that 6-9 seed spot where you can make the playoffs, but unable to improve enough to become a contender.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't know if any team would want Howard at this point. He seems like much more of a risk than any sort of benefit. And Godforbid if in his mind he doesn't approve of the team he is being traded to. Can't imagine what he would do.

I would agree with you except for 1 thing. He's a 7 footer and he does have talent. Someone will think they have the coach/team who can finally get through to this guy and will give him a big contract.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with you except for 1 thing. He's a 7 footer and he does have talent. Someone will think they have the coach/team who can finally get through to this guy and will give him a big contract.

Scary thing about Howard is he has not improved since leaving Orlando. Basically wasted his prime years

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can trade Dwight for something good, they need to go ahead and do it. Otherwise, you let him walk for nothing, or you have to give a big contract to a big guy, whom is oft injured, and not particularly in his prime anymore. And not that this has anything to do with anything, but I'd be interested in seeing James Harden's stats this year, vs Kobe's in the year when Dwight was there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary thing about Howard is he has not improved since leaving Orlando. Basically wasted his prime years

I'm not gonna lie. When the Lakers first got him, I was all aboard the Dwight bandwagon. However, when I watched how he actually performed and heard about him blowing off Kareem's offer to work with him on his offense and Nash's offer to help with his free throws, I started having serious doubts. When he intentionally fouled out in the playoffs vs. the Spurs, I was done with him.

Reactions: LAD

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe i picked them to represent the west in the finals during the preseason. Harden is becoming one of those players no one wants to be teammates with. His on court demeanor is just awful.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no need to. They have enough cap flexibility to turn things around quickly. Hell, if Harden showed up in shape this season, we're not having this conversation.