• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Have Made That Save

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty should have dove on the ice when they scored that empty net goal, he was being lazy. Just saying...

In seriousness, the goalies are fine, the team needs to step up. Can we get away from the bullshit, pathetic arguments that have plagued this message board and get to the real issues? Our problem is not talent, we have had talent the past 5 years, we are missing the Stevens type leader that will call people out and get in their face after a bad game. Stevens is one in a million but when he stepped on the ice he was the boss, not only the Devils boss, but the boss of the rink. We do not have a single player capable of striking fear in the opponents. We can say Kovy and Parise all we want, but I'm not sure they have what it takes mentally to strike fear in the other team.

Claude Lemieux got into an altercation with Stevens over not playing hard, and Stevens was the Boss. Having role players that call out the captain is what you need to win the cup. Not to play GM b/c it's silly for me to try and predict shit, but get rid of some of the usual suspects that we've had and get some winners/vets in here. Hate to call people out,, but Cup, the Kovy move has not paid off which you called for.

Yes, this post is calling out CUP, who, I won't lie I love you Cup, you're my boy, but please post specifics in this thread. No more open ended stuff that you can twist in your favor. What does everyone think this team needs in order to win it all? I think we have the talent and a decent coach, we need a strong minded vet. Go...

Last edited by a moderator:

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill chime in here before cup does... Kovy is NOT a defender... so stop using him as such on the PP... how many shorties have we given up this year.. and how many are from his turnovers... Now I am not saying he is a bad player and I love haveing him on this team... (we never have an big name scorer)... but with that being said... PP for 2 minutes the whole time on the point has turned into a hindrence more than a benefit.... so why not change?? That is all coaching.... nothing more...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If your saying this team is lacking leadership d I agree 100% the only man you can blame is Lou. he let's these players run through coaches and doesnt do anything. Remember Julian? Someone fired a puck at him in practice? Why didn't then captain elias do something? Why didnt gm Lou do anything? O yeah he fired Julian.

Team is def lacking a leader but the problem is who is out there that you can get? Either lou has no balls to pull off a trade of that caliber or teams lock up players like that long term.

I agree that kovalhuk has not worked out. But what does that say about this team I mean really...hot before coming here scored the most goals in the nhl since he came in? We land him and now he is half the !- he was. Sure he had defesne laps in Atlanta but I don't remember them being this many....and he scored more then enough to make up for it.

Just strange u plug Parise or kovalhuk on other teams and they easily have 40g 95pts. This team since I've been following it has had a notoriously horrible pp minus 2000-01. How is that possible?

Want my suggestions once Marty retires Lou has to retire and then replace all former devil alumni who hold coaching positions

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO its our fault Kovy started packing it in once he got the huge contract? Oh man....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well that only took 3 posts to turn this thread to garbage

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No because you don't count the initial opening thread

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But I don't get it I know this thread is for me but nothing? No real questions or answers nm brings up some good points. It would be nice to have an actual conversation

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chimed in... and I admit, I dont vist these boards each day, usually after a game depending on how good or bad it was... I agree with Cup and Lous way of handling this teams leadership not only in coaching but in allowing the players to run the team as is.... I see some changes this year, but as long as you have some of the coaching staff of old, you will never see a full change of "the system" that really cant win us a Cup anymore... this isnt the late 90s....

With that being said, Marty played great tonight.... and it was a great effort all around... after we got into that major fight (still cant figure out how they ended up on the PP) and gave up a goal to them, I really thought we would unravel our 3 goal lead... esp with the almost 6-8 more minutes of PP that came after that first goal... but we got threw it and by the third, you knew we locked it down... I even liked seeing Marty trying for the goal to end it... havent seen that in a long time... even when he has the chance.... great game all around...

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight... when exactly did Kovy 'pack it in' ?
Me thinks you're forgetting the entire second half performance they guy had that was the catalyst for the turn around, and then if you think he's been anything short of a team player this year, seriously youre really trying fuckin hard to hate the guy.

Just root for the fuckin team already

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wonder if kovalchuk would player better without Parise? He was a one man show in Atlanta and last year with Zach out. I know he had hossa and heatly in atlanta for a few of his years
The guy still brings it every shift I think the horrible ice can be attributed to some bad bounces....its not the season I wish he would be having but its still pretty productive. He should finish with he most goals and probably 2nd in points.

Like I said if Ur unhappy with those numbers how do you justify giving parise a huge contract? Or do you one better if the situation was reversed and Parise was given that deal and then the devils brought kovy in and in his final year how would u feel about the season parise is having with that huge contract

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldnt say kovy was a one man show in atlanta he played with heatley and hossa at different points of his career in atlanta

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I just don't know what the difference in team is. The guy is out there hustling and ripping shots.