• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should be interesting this week. Going after Brees and Pats records.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning needs 266 yards to break the yards record, and Broncos need 18 points to break single season points record. Pretty impressive stuff.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather them stay healthy than chase records if I have the option. Those records will get broken, winning a SB is permanent.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Records are great but Id rather see a win and there team to stay healthy. The playoffs is what matters and a Super Bowl victory not records. A win against the raiders and the 1 seed is what matters now.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do not win, and Pats win, Pats have home field.

Since the Pats Bills are at 4:25 on Sunday, they will be playing at the same time. This game against the Raiders will be considered a must win.

So, therefore it is not about sitting players etc. They will be needing to play their starters.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, therefore it is not about sitting players etc. They will be needing to play their starters.

I know we still need the win but I don't want to see Manning throw another 50 times just to get the record. I think since this game still matters we will see the records broken but if some how it is the third quarter, we are up by 30 and Manning does not have the yards I say sit him.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning games is always the goal. Breaking records is just side benefit of having a great year offensively. It's not like they are game planning with the record in mind.

With only 18 points and 266 yards, if we play well and beat the Raiders those records fall as an ancillary benefit.

I imagine that if Manning does throw for more than the record and adds a few TDs to the record he broke yesterday that means we are on the way to a win and I imagine we will sit starters at that point.

But first things first. Win against Oakland the the #1 seed is locked up.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we still need the win but I don't want to see Manning throw another 50 times just to get the record. I think since this game still matters we will see the records broken but if some how it is the third quarter, we are up by 30 and Manning does not have the yards I say sit him.

I doubt he will have to throw 50 times to beat the record, it's only 266 yards, but he will throw the ball as many times as it takes to get the win.

Once the game is sealed, they might rest him.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice but I agree with Manning. The way the NFL is evolving I doubt these records will stand for long. Marino's TD record lasted for 21 years but I think in the last 7 seasons that record has been broken 4 times.

I also agree with the rest of you that these records really don't mean much, the SB is the goal. If the Broncos have control of the game I hope they go conservative and give Os some regular season snaps.