• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shocker: We have oline issues STILL

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello idiots

Have you morons figured it out yet? All the WRs in the world will not help this offense without an offensive line. You know, the very thing i've been screaming for while everyone else was crying for Keenan Allen, Rome Odunze and a backup pass catching TE. I'm pretty confident Caleb Williams will be a good QB but he needs an offensive line you dopes. None of these other peripheral positions will matter until we have it. The outside in theory (which everyone loves in here) doesn't work outside of video games.

Prediction for next draft:
* Idiot bear fans in here will be begging for yet another WR

I do like Caleb though. We can win with him! Unlike Justin Fields, he feels pressure and can manipulate the pocket better than any recent Chicago QBs. Btw, Justin Fields still suck. Good thing we got rid of that loser. He's a forever backup at best. I know some morons wanted to stick with Fields...idiots.

I just hope our GM is smart enough to realize it's all about the lines both sides of the ball and will prioritize these positions in the draft. Otherwise Poles should be gone and I should be hired.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no-michael-scott.gif

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello idiots

Have you morons figured it out yet? All the WRs in the world will not help this offense without an offensive line. You know, the very thing i've been screaming for while everyone else was crying for Keenan Allen, Rome Odunze and a backup pass catching TE. I'm pretty confident Caleb Williams will be a good QB but he needs an offensive line you dopes. None of these other peripheral positions will matter until we have it. The outside in theory (which everyone loves in here) doesn't work outside of video games.

Prediction for next draft:
* Idiot bear fans in here will be begging for yet another WR

I do like Caleb though. We can win with him! Unlike Justin Fields, he feels pressure and can manipulate the pocket better than any recent Chicago QBs. Btw, Justin Fields still suck. Good thing we got rid of that loser. He's a forever backup at best. I know some morons wanted to stick with Fields...idiots.

I just hope our GM is smart enough to realize it's all about the lines both sides of the ball and will prioritize these positions in the draft. Otherwise Poles should be gone and I should be hired.
You liked Trubisky too. Remember that?

And yes, everyone is calling for an oline overhaul. In fact, everyone was calling for bringing in a better center and guard this off-season. Maybe the kid they drafted can step in and perform at RG for us this year?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You liked Trubisky too. Remember that?

And yes, everyone is calling for an oline overhaul. In fact, everyone was calling for bringing in a better center and guard this off-season. Maybe the kid they drafted can step in and perform at RG for us this year?

I did like Trubisky. But he ended up to be fool's gold. But I've always, always maintained we need to improve this oline before anything of substance will come of this offense. Speaking of anything outside oline for this offense is a waste of time, I have been immutable regarding this.

But everyone, everyone, EVERY YEAR wants to draft WRs. Go back and look at the history of this board. DJ More, Keenan Allen, Odunze, Chase Claypool, Mooney (the next "Tyreek Hill"), backup pass catching TE (omg)--almost everyone unanimously loved these moves. One idiot (LSD) claimed with this move our offense would push "6000 yards"! While I, the lone good soldier and proud Bears fan shook my head in the corner looking at these moron fans thinking "we are doomed, bunch of video game loving, ignorant Bear fans".

Well, we did what the town fools wanted, in fact we have 3 great WRs, and what happened? NOTHING. This team hasn't improved offensively AT ALL. SHOCKER, to everyone except the genius once again.

I believe this team has hope, i believe in CW. But until we put a high priority on oline, it doesn't matter. Running, passing, protecting, all will fail otherwise. Another year where a solid D will be wasted.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they flat out told Trubisky to stop running after his shoulder injury and it changed his entire game. They try to make these runners into pocket passers and vice versa and just do not realize they are changing what they have done that got them to this level.
Mustipher sucked at center but ended up starting for Baltimore. Daniels played well for the Steelers. Now we have been carrying a guy like Kramer around who looked good again and he never gets a shot, just like the many before him.

This has been the problem, we have guys, but they keep going for the bigger names.

The great lines we see are built inhouse. Did anyone watch Cousins march down the field last night in about 40 seconds for the TD? He was untouched the entire series. Credit Fangio for going prevent when they were down six, then even the TD receiver shooting an imaginary gun into the skies making the PAT a 48 yard attempt. That line anchored by Matthews was dynamic.

There was one play in particular I saw on facebook showing Davis and the tackle running downfield to block, Texans splitting them and Swift stopped for 2 yards, when both OLinemen were 4 yards downfield and did not block anyone. Remember Walter Payton running with his hand on Noah Jackson or Revie Soreys back? Just like with fields, its like these linemen have no clue where the guys they are blocking for are actually going.

Its a team effort. Swift is not a number one back, we have Ro and Herbert who ran well enough last year I have no idea why they went out and paid swift instead of getting a real upgrade at guard and center instead of cast aways. I cried for them to get the best center in the draft. You gotta start building sometime.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky was just an egregiously inaccurate passer.

Defenses are blitzing CW, as they should. Swift is a good runner but when defenses play near the LOS it's hard to do anything.

Keenan Allen for a 4th? How's that turning out? Again another draft picked burned. I remember everyone in here saying what a great trade that was even if Allen is here for a single year. The stupidity by the fan base is incredible.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defenses are blitzing CW, as they should. Swift is a good runner but when defenses play near the LOS it's hard to do anything.

Keenan Allen for a 4th? How's that turning out? Again another draft picked burned. I remember everyone in here saying what a great trade that was even if Allen is here for a single year. The stupidity by the fan base is incredible.

Genius, nobody is happy that the Bears did not spend more draft picks or make better FA moves for o-linemen. You can do both you know. Just because they traded for Keenan Allen or used their higher draft pick for Odunze, does not mean they could not have made moves elsewhere in the draft or FA for better offensive line pickups.

We have a LOT of draft capital for 2025. I assure you we will pick up some hosses. Hell, maybe even make a trade at the deadline for one similar to what we did for Sweat/Claypool.

We'll have 3 picks in the top 50. And sometimes you can find good offensive line talent in the later rounds too...Offensive line will be the TOP focal points with these picks. Poles makes some weird moves, but he usually does make the obvious ones. The whole fanbase sees we need o-line help, he can't ignore it again.

Our biggest issue, imo, is we have dumbasses for coaches that I'm not even sure when they correct our o-line talent deficiency that we'll do much about it. Our current o-line issues are a combination of talent AND coaching. So I'm concerned more that after they do make these moves, it might not significantly change. Scary thought.

On that note, I'm dumbfounded that Lucas Patrick was one of the top performing o-lineman this weekend ....but also more confident in saying coaching is a big part of the o-line failings when I see sh*t like that. Something just doesn't compute. Yes, some of it could be "team is still gelling under new offense"...but eventually the buck has to stop at coaching failure, right?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick on criticizing Poles's construction of the team:

"The Bears have put their resources, a lot of money into receivers. But they have had problems with the offensive line and it doesn't look like that hasn't gotten much better...". He cites how Detroit built from the inside out whereas we're building from the outside in.

Exactly! What i've been saying for YEARS. I should be the GM. Sign me up, i'd do it for free just to get this shitty organization back on track.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed.

Allen was like NAte DAvis, paid, knows his own body and was not ready for the beginning of the season. Not just a fourth, but a fourth and 23 million in cap space. There is a reason he only played in 13 games last year.

Tevin Jenkins in mauling people, Braxton Jones got his spot checked with Amegadjie and is looking over his shoulder.

The term shit or get of the pot seems to fit with our offensive line again. But its Poles, who probably thinks he was good enough to have a 15 year career.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not like the Patrick signing, since he mostly played guard in Green Bay. Our whole decade has been getting someone who snapped a football in high school before moving to guard.

We watched KC pull their jumpy tackles who basically tell defenses whether its a run or pass play when they line up in their game. You never know what the next man up will give you if he never gets in the game.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not like the Patrick signing, since he mostly played guard in Green Bay. Our whole decade has been getting someone who snapped a football in high school before moving to guard.

We watched KC pull their jumpy tackles who basically tell defenses whether it’s a run or pass play when they line up in their game. You never know what the next man up will give you if he never gets in the game.
I actually saw somewhere that Daniels and Patrick are doing great on their new teams. That tells me this is a coaching issue more than anything.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually saw somewhere that Daniels and Patrick are doing great on their new teams. That tells me this is a coaching issue more than anything.
Daniels was good with the steelers as soon as he went there at Right guard, starting. Patrick was the starting left guard for the Saints, went out against the panthers with that toe problem..
So players do well when you dont make them play out of position and take responsibility of the line.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL next offseason.
which is why we need to try the other options we have in house and let the better players gel to make this line work. Not sure if Tevin Jenkins is accepting his spot at guard anyway. Bates was supposed to be the starter at center, went to IR. The spot we should have taken a center we took Amegadji.

They also played one of the best defenses in football with the Texans, but expecting Jones and Wright to survive with no help with chips is coaching play calling.

Maybe if Everfluke let the defensive play calling to Williams he would see more of the problems.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Allen for a 4th? How's that turning out?

I Hindsight.....it looks horrible.

We all knew he was always hurt and just wondered when it was gonna happen here......

Yes we should have stayed away.......so far he has not been a factor,kinds like our oline.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Hindsight.....it looks horrible.

We all knew he was always hurt and just wondered when it was gonna happen here......

Yes we should have stayed away.......so far he has not been a factor,kinds like our oline.

Yeah hindsight. Except I was the only one vehemently against this trade at the time. The genius just knows. Everyone else figures it out months later.

No oline but lets spend a 4th on an aging WR with injury history. Only idiots who don't know football liked this move.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah hindsight. Except I was the only one vehemently against this trade at the time. The genius just knows. Everyone else figures it out months later.

No oline but lets spend a 4th on an aging WR with injury history. Only idiots who don't know football liked this move.

Last years oline was not this bad,so I understand the route they took.......
I just never understood the 4th round draft pick Taylor when a center was a huge glaring need......