• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

shit's hitting the fan

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe don't accept any trades until this shakes out.
Up to 20 people suspended? Wow

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...of the 3 leagues i'm in, i've got Braun in two of them. My only consolation is that he hasn't exactly been earth-shattering this year...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

The players who might ultimately face discipline from MLB include: Rodriguez, Braun, Cabrera, Colon, Grandal, Nelson Cruz, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, Cesar Puello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautino de los Santos, Jordan Norberto and a number of players who are either identified by code names or whose names appear in other documents not obtained by "Outside the Lines."

One player listed who will be scrutinized but possibly exonerated is the Nationals' Gio Gonzalez, who was listed among Biogenesis clients, but two sources told ESPN the only substances he received from the clinic were legal.

Of course, this is an early report, but it looks like Cano is in the clear so far.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been online sporadically all day so I'm just catching up with this.

The commissioner’s office will be seeking 100-game punishments for Braun and A-Rod because they both committed two offenses — the initial doping and then lying to Major League Baseball officials.
Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez is not a candidate for suspension, according to Quinn, because Bosch is expected to confirm to the investigators that Gio only bought league-approved substances

Some of the other names that were found in the Biogenesis documents: Melky Cabrera, Bartolo Colon, Yasmani Grandal, Nelson Cruz, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, Cesar Puello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautino de los Santos and Jordan Norberto.

Now if Melky & Colon are on this list, would they still be suspended since they were already suspended for positive tests that were more than likely a result of things they purchased from said clinic? Same thing with Grandal

Last edited by a moderator:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players who might ultimately face discipline from MLB include: Rodriguez, Braun, Cabrera, Colon, Grandal, Nelson Cruz, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, Cesar Puello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautino de los Santos, Jordan Norberto

What are the odds that I would own ZERO players from this list on any of my 4 teams? Lucky me I guess.

I think for Jesus Montero they should go for capital punishment, but hey, that's just me.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own Cano who isn't listed, but his name keeps coming up.
Other than that I own Colon, but I can deal if they suspended him.

I think for Jesus Montero they should go for capital punishment, but hey, that's just me.
Think the Yankees knew something when they traded him.
Seeing what has become of Montero, I'm wondering what Grandal will do now that he's back from his suspension.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i dont own any of those guys in my competitive leagues

own braun in one free league

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a preemptive strike, Chef dumps Grandal.

The fact that Sally P. wasn't murdered or kidnapped in Venezuela made that a little easier. Although if this does go down, I'll have Braun on my bench for the rest of the season. :yahoo:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own Cano who isn't listed, but his name keeps coming up.
Other than that I own Colon, but I can deal if they suspended him.

The Colon thing might actually help you.

I am really nervous about who the unnamed players might be. I bet there will be a couple big names among them. Bautista? Cano? Juan Pierre?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see someone like Colon who never really had a great career and is just trying to hang on for one more year and one more payday, but why some of these younger guys like Grandal would take anything is beyond me.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on Rev, you know you know why. A sht for a quick ticket from the Bus leagues to the Big leagues?? And once you're there, do you date take the chance that if you stop you might lose your spot??
When I was playing in college, the Braves had an open tryout on campus, I would've taken ANYTHING if I thought it would get me my shot. (and no, I made it through the first of three cuts, and no one was signed)

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players union will fight this to the bitter end Be very surprised if any one gets suspended this year:suds:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need the Messiah, Biojesus, to come and liberate us from the bonds of this Old Testament Biogenesis nonsense.

(Tweet from Old Hoss Radbourn)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

The players who might ultimately face discipline from MLB include: Rodriguez, Braun, Cabrera, Colon, Grandal, Nelson Cruz, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, Cesar Puello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautino de los Santos, Jordan Norberto and a number of players who are either identified by code names or whose names appear in other documents not obtained by "Outside the Lines."

One player listed who will be scrutinized but possibly exonerated is the Nationals' Gio Gonzalez, who was listed among Biogenesis clients, but two sources told ESPN the only substances he received from the clinic were legal.

Of course, this is an early report, but it looks like Cano is in the clear so far.

The guy that will hurt me will be Everth Cabrera. I need those stolen bags!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that will hurt me will be Everth Cabrera. I need those stolen bags!

Me too, but it's looking more like we won't have to worry about it this season, anyway.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote of the day from Andy Behrens
"If I were Tony Bosch, not sure I'd actually admit that Jesus Montero had been taking my products".

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, but it's looking more like we won't have to worry about it this season, anyway.

Good. As I just saw another name on that list that concerns me. I just picked up Jhonny Peralta on a team that needed MI help.

Injuries are getting the better of me, and all 5 of my teams.

:gaah:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess Barry Bonds ain't so bad after all. He obviously pays more for silence than the likes of AROD and Teflon Bruan

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players union will fight this to the bitter end Be very surprised if any one gets suspended this year:suds:

So much this!!!!

I just picked up Braun with the 7th waiver claim out of a shallow 9 team roto non keeper league......I hate the fucker because he almost single handily beat my Dbacks in '11 playoffs and then tested positive and won on that stupid technicality.....