• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shelby Harris remains a Bronco

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a very welcome surprise. I had been reading rumors that he would get a big payday from someone.

So from what I understand the Colts and Harris were wanting to get something done. He was being offered something above $12 million a year. His agent told him to take it but others told him he could get more. So he fired his agent and hired one that thought he could get more. No other teams were even close to that kind of money and by the time he figured that out the money was gone from FA.

One of those times where he took a risk on himself and it blew up in his face. Feel for the guy as he is definitely worth more than what the Broncos are paying him. I never thought he was worth $10+ million a year but he just got some bad advice.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So from what I understand the Colts and Harris were wanting to get something done. He was being offered something above $12 million a year. His agent told him to take it but others told him he could get more. So he fired his agent and hired one that thought he could get more. No other teams were even close to that kind of money and by the time he figured that out the money was gone from FA.

One of those times where he took a risk on himself and it blew up in his face. Feel for the guy as he is definitely worth more than what the Broncos are paying him. I never thought he was worth $10+ million a year but he just got some bad advice.

I think the 12 mil per year offer isn’t right but he did fire his agent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 12 mil per year offer isn’t right but he did fire his agent.

That is what one of my people said but obviously can't fully confirm it to be true. I do know he was looking for $10+ million a year. Heck Spotrac had him at over $12 million as his estimated value. Now given they were off on some of those but usually on the lower end not higher until these recent run of contracts that always come in lower than expected.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what one of my people said but obviously can't fully confirm it to be true. I do know he was looking for $10+ million a year. Heck Spotrac had him at over $12 million as his estimated value. Now given they were off on some of those but usually on the lower end not higher until these recent run of contracts that always come in lower than expected.
So this was before the trade?
Seems odd Colts would not offer more than the $3M Denver offered even after trading for Buckner.
They have more cap space than Denver. At one point they wanted to pay Shelby $12 M and now won’t even go $4-5M?

seems odd

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this was before the trade?
Seems odd Colts would not offer more than the $3M Denver offered even after trading for Buckner.
They have more cap space than Denver. At one point they wanted to pay Shelby $12 M and now won’t even go $4-5M?

seems odd

Yes this was before the trade.

And while it might seem odd to us the NFL world is one of respect. If a team feels like they make a very reasonable offer and the player just cuts off those talks then it does seem like ego gets in the way on both sides. Player won't take less than the initial offer and the team doesn't want to make another offer rewarding the player for turning them down in the first place.

Now given Shelby and the Broncos were at odds for a long time as well so I'm surprised the two sides decided to get something done.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should get another career year from Shelby.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is basically “re-doing” free agency. 12 m definitely seems off.

I know the Colts were interested. Story I got was that he switched agents because the market wasn’t great for him and he thought he could get more by switching. Apparently he switched agents twice.

I just randomly got excited about the Jurrell Casey trade again.

We use to give up late rd picks for Dan Wilkinson well past his prime. This one is a lot more exciting.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. That is certainly a clusterfuck and he just screwed himself if true. But we basically just paid to rent him for a year, and that's a 'contract year' for the next free agency period. I kind of feel bad for him, but he's also still a multimillionaire, so I don't feel too bad for him.