• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger issue is they lump everyone who does not like the show in with incels and racist. They can't accept that that show comes with a LOT of valid criticism.

Even criticism about casting choices can be valid, particularly when it's obviously done just to fill quotas or check boxes (cough harfoots cough). Still, as long as the characters and stories work, the criticism around those issues tends to die or be drowned down by positive commentary (see House of the Dragon).

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather they take chances with Andor and She-Hulk than rely on nostalgia-based stories.
The more swings they take, the more they should figure things out.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather they take chances with Andor and She-Hulk than rely on nostalgia-based stories.
The more swings they take, the more they should figure things out.

I agree with them taking chances, even when they fail. The problem is, are they learning from their failures? Because by attacking their fans and deciding to treat even valid critics as incels or "ists" of some kind, they are more likely to double down on bad products. The MCU is the biggest media franchise right now, just like Star Wars was just a few years ago. It only took a couple of bad movies to seriously affect SWs plans.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with them taking chances, even when they fail. The problem is, are they learning from their failures? Because by attacking their fans and deciding to treat even valid critics as incels or "ists" of some kind, they are more likely to double down on bad products. The MCU is the biggest media franchise right now, just like Star Wars was just a few years ago. It only took a couple of bad movies to seriously affect SWs plans.
For me, She-Hulk is closer to Deadpool than any other Marvel IP.
The entire premise felt right to me, as it is unlikely they will ever have a Deadpool TV show.
And I do not believe any other Marvel show will be like She-Hulk.
They're just dipping their toe in the water to see how it is received.
Let's see how they rebound in S2.

Star Wars can get back on track with the grittiness of Andor.
If they don't learn from this and hire the Gilroys to start writing more, then I don't know what to tell you.
But, just like a good rebellion, there's hope.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire premise felt right to me, as it is unlikely they will ever have a Deadpool TV show.

Star Wars can get back on track with the grittiness of Andor.
If they don't learn from this and hire the Gilroys to start writing more, then I don't know what to tell you.
But, just like a good rebellion, there's hope.
“Breaking the 4th wall” is perfectly fine but you don’t just throw the whole ending away for it. It’s the frosting not the cake. The ending was annoying as hell in what was a pretty entertaining show up to that point.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Breaking the 4th wall” is perfectly fine but you don’t just throw the whole ending away for it. It’s the frosting not the cake. The ending was annoying as hell in what was a pretty entertaining show up to that point.
Whole thing pretty much sucked. Ending was a non-orgasm.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I said, I haven't seen She-Hulk and probably won't. I'm not even criticizing the show's content, since comedy is subjective and if it lands, great.

My big issue with them is them fighting / insulting and even punching down on the fans over valid criticism. I'm not saying that they should publicly admit that they are wrong and apologize, but the products they are offering have been subpar, and a lot of their defense is to claim that criticism is rooted on "toxicity" from fans.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? The whole point is being counter-intuitive.
I didn't mind it.
I'd like to see more K.E.V.I.N.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I haven't seen She-Hulk and probably won't. I'm not even criticizing the show's content, since comedy is subjective and if it lands, great.

My big issue with them is them fighting / insulting and even punching down on the fans over valid criticism. I'm not saying that they should publicly admit that they are wrong and apologize, but the products they are offering have been subpar, and a lot of their defense is to claim that criticism is rooted on "toxicity" from fans.
I'm a big fan of satire/parody/absurdity.
Not everyone likes Monty Python.
The potential is there.
The execution was a bit lacking, but let's see if they get a S2 out of this.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strike 1: CGI
Strike 2: The general horrible plot.
Strike 3: The twerking (seriously, can someone please just kill the whole ancestry line that came up with this and also please sterilize any guy that thinks it's hot?) scene.

You know... you know what's funny about Strike 3 (that I wrote above)? Some chick (probably a fat one) is going to be like, "We don't twerk for men, we do it because it makes use feel more confident and better about ourselves and our bodies." I guarantee you there's some... :pound:, there's some bitch out there, that actually is saying that if she read this post. Eh whatever.

Yah 3 strikes you're out. NEXT Disney SJW/PC social media whorefest up to bat. I didn't watch She-Shit, but I saw enough on YouTube to pretty much confirm exactly what I knew it'd be... another girl power yawn fest with stupid ass 'diversity'/PC messages thrown in our face 24/7, while of course Mr. Mouse's SJW social media crew went to work to 'defend the injustice'.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? The whole point is being counter-intuitive.
I didn't mind it.
I'd like to see more K.E.V.I.N.

The finale wasn't counter-intuitive. It was out of left field. The 4th wall sh*t has been used up to this point in this and deadpool (and whatever else I'm missing)as an aside for laughs/clarifications...not as the penultimate result of a movie/season. It felt like a "Everything that you just experienced for 9 episodes was a dream..It meant nothing...lolzycakes" jump the shark.

So now it leaves me caring less for the She-Hulk character as a result. Like, if Thanos 2 (whoever that ends up being) comes in and we're back in actual storytelling mode and he kills She-Hulk off? I doubt I'll even care. She can go chill with Kevin in the 4th wall for post-credit scenes for movies/shows with actual stories. That's kind of where I see her place now. Comic relief.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it leaves me caring less for the She-Hulk character as a result. Like, if Thanos 2 (whoever that ends up being) comes in and we're back in actual storytelling mode and he kills She-Hulk off? I doubt I'll even care. She can go chill with Kevin in the 4th wall for post-credit scenes for movies/shows with actual stories. That's kind of where I see her place now. Comic relief.
I thought that was the point.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was the point.

They took a character that had a reasonable arc and story over 2 months and threw it all in the I don't give a f*ck bin at the end.

Marvel has done a good job of accentuating its greatest strength to this point: Having good character arcs and making the story compelling enough that the viewers/fans experience attachment to said characters.

Tony Stark died and I was gut punched.

If She-Hulk gets squashed by Thanos 2's spaceship I'll feel nothing.

FFS Marvel got me to give a sh*t about two different personalities in a single character...I give a sh*t about Marc AND Steven more than She-Hulk. That's impressive to accomplish in a single failtastic episode...but they accomplished it. I mean...I was in this thing for She-Hulk and her story...Not some joke Wall-E robot spoofing Kevin Feige.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They took a character that had a reasonable arc and story over 2 months and threw it all in the I don't give a f*ck bin at the end.

Marvel has done a good job of accentuating its greatest strength to this point: Having good character arcs and making the story compelling enough that the viewers/fans experience attachment to said characters.

Tony Stark died and I was gut punched.

If She-Hulk gets squashed by Thanos 2's spaceship I'll feel nothing.

FFS Marvel got me to give a sh*t about two different personalities in a single character...I give a sh*t about Marc AND Steven more than She-Hulk. That's impressive to accomplish in a single failtastic episode...but they accomplished it. I mean...I was in this thing for She-Hulk and her story...Not some joke Wall-E robot spoofing Kevin Feige.

i guess we will see her usage after this...

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if
i guess we will see her usage after this...

She will be around. From the little I've seen, most of the criticism is about the writing and story, not about Tatiana. She's likeable and with different writers, she should be part of future projects.

Will she get a second season? Who knows, but probably not, at least not right away, considering that the show hasn't been well received and its ratings haven't been great.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of satire/parody/absurdity.
Not everyone likes Monty Python.
The potential is there.
The execution was a bit lacking, but let's see if they get a S2 out of this.
Agree. And I had no problem with the ending literally breaking the 4th wall and complete bounds into absurdity.

But this finale still felt hollow and unfinished. It could have almost fit in as a post-credit scene from the previous episode. Then it would have been fine.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if

She will be around. From the little I've seen, most of the criticism is about the writing and story, not about Tatiana. She's likeable and with different writers, she should be part of future projects.

Will she get a second season? Who knows, but probably not, at least not right away, considering that the show hasn't been well received and its ratings haven't been great.

im talking the character... not the actress... i assume she will be nothing but a side character... like one you see at a bar or something... only chance she becomes more important is if they do another hulk movie... which i doubt since Mark ruffalo never had his own movie yet...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. And I had no problem with the ending literally breaking the 4th wall and complete bounds into absurdity.

But this finale still felt hollow and unfinished. It could have almost fit in as a post-credit scene from the previous episode. Then it would have been fine.
They completely GitM’d the entire season with that ending. I get that you weren’t supposed to take the season seriously. But they went too far, imho, with how they did it.

Deadpool has a constant dialog going with the viewer the entire movie(s), but they still stayed true to the stories he was participating in. He didn’t pull a Buggs Bunny and just erase Daffy out of the scene. But that’s essentially what She-Hulk did. She didn’t like how the story was going, so she walked out of the story and had the big-boss producer change it to her liking. With no story advancement getting us from here to there. It just was. Poof.

I give them a 4/5 for trying something different. I give them a 1/100 for the execution of that idea.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daredevil is getting an 18-episode Disney+ season in 2024.

I bet She-Hulk figures prominently into that.

prominently?? doubt it... she is too powerful... maybe jennifer walters, but only as a girl...