• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sharks vs Wings GNT2: Electric Boogaloo

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Detroit fans, your team got hosed with all the non calls against the Sharks. Oh well, your team barely lost even with the lopsided officiating. No gloating over here, you guys (most likely) got robbed of going back to the Joe tied 1 - 1. Don't get me wrong, I'll take it, but the Sharks shouldn't feel to good about themselves. I have a feeling Detroit is going to come out on fire at the Joe. Game 3 might be a blowout going the other way.

Ironically, I thought Joe Thornton had his worst game of the playoffs other than maybe game 5 of the Avs series. Sure he got the game winner, but he was a turnover machine, got muscled off of every puck by Detroit and also lost almost every key faceoff (or got kicked out of them altogether). Yeah, I know he got the game winner too ;-)~.....it was of the tap in variety though.

Anyway, thanks for staying classy Detroit fans, you guys have every right to be seething under the collar after that horrid display by the refs.

Go Sharks go.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Detroit fans, your team got hosed with all the non calls against the Sharks. Oh well, your team barely lost even with the lopsided officiating. No gloating over here, you guys (most likely) got robbed of going back to the Joe tied 1 - 1. Don't get me wrong, I'll take it, but the Sharks shouldn't feel to good about themselves. I have a feeling Detroit is going to come out on fire at the Joe. Game 3 might be a blowout going the other way.

Ironically, I thought Joe Thornton had his worst game of the playoffs other than maybe game 5 of the Avs series. Sure he got the game winner, but he was a turnover machine, got muscled off of every puck by Detroit and also lost almost every key faceoff (or got kicked out of them altogether). Yeah, I know he got the game winner too ;-)~.....it was of the tap in variety though.

Anyway, thanks for staying classy Detroit fans, you guys have every right to be seething under the collar after that horrid display by the refs.

Go Sharks go.

I think you're short changing the Sharks a bit filo. Yes they did get the benefit of some questionable calls, but still, the Sharks worked their asses off for these first 2 wins. This is the most effort I've seen the Sharks give since the lockout. They are playing hard and getting rewarded for their play. They definitely better not get inflated egos over this, because Detroit will take over if they do. But I do think they should feel good about how they've played so far.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're short changing the Sharks a bit filo. Yes they did get the benefit of some questionable calls, but still, the Sharks worked their asses off for these first 2 wins. This is the most effort I've seen the Sharks give since the lockout. They are playing hard and getting rewarded for their play. They definitely better not get inflated egos over this, because Detroit will take over if they do. But I do think they should feel good about how they've played so far.

Oh for sure, the Sharks deserve a TON of credit.....especially since they have NEVER done this since the Thornton era.....namely, played hard. I just know I'd be pretty upset if the shoe were on the other foot so to speak. If Detroit weren't on the PK for an entire period than who knows what happens. Also, it wasn't so much the calls against Detroit as much as it was the non-calls against the Sharks. Especially the one against Franzen when the Wings were on a PP.

Oh well, this is at least a Sharks team I can be proud of win or lose. They are fighting there asses off and working so hard. I really love Couture, Malhotra and, gulp, even Demers. Those guys are just battlers and show poise (two of them beyond their years).

P.S. - Datsyuk is a stud. The Wings really need Zetts to step up.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure, the Sharks deserve a TON of credit.....especially since they have NEVER done this since the Thornton era.....namely, played hard. I just know I'd be pretty upset if the shoe were on the other foot so to speak. If Detroit weren't on the PK for an entire period than who knows what happens. Also, it wasn't so much the calls against Detroit as much as it was the non-calls against the Sharks. Especially the one against Franzen when the Wings were on a PP.

Oh well, this is at least a Sharks team I can be proud of win or lose. They are fighting there asses off and working so hard. I really love Couture, Malhotra and, gulp, even Demers. Those guys are just battlers and show poise (two of them beyond their years).

P.S. - Datsyuk is a stud. The Wings really need Zetts to step up.

You bet, I'd be upset. In fact I was upset at some of the calls made against the Sharks in this game, no doubt. But like I said earlier, I thought more bad calls did go against the Wings. I won't argue with that.

I would love to have Datsyuk on the Sharks. Offensive skillset aside, the guy is a mastermind defensively. Several times tonight a Shark had him beat heading into the offensive zone and he was able to poke the puck away. Pretty incredible. I also can't believe the Sharks have kept Zetterberg completely off the scoresheet through 2 games. It's going to take some great defensive work to keep that up in Detroit though, as the Wings will now be able to get him out against who they want.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great game ruined by horrible officiating. Bad calls went against both teams but the timing of the bad calls hurt the Wings more. With that said, if Lidstrom's stick does not break and the Sharks don't score on the 2 on 1 that developed from that, we might have seen a great OT and I doubt the refereeing would be as much of an issue.
Wings need to do better on the PK and win a fucking key faceoff from time to time.
Sharks are killing in the faceoff circle and winning the series because of it.

KindaChang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, the faceoffs things is killing me.

But that's not going to stop me from wearing a tinfoil hat next time I'm at a Wings game.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the faceoffs things is killing me.

But that's not going to stop me from wearing a tinfoil hat next time I'm at a Wings game.

I am going Tuesday and would love to borrow your metal vest.
That thing is sweet with the last pic I saw.
Is it done yet?

KindaChang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a banner. It's technically finished, but it's difficult to see it well in the crowd because I haven't put the felt backing on it yet.

I'm a bit out of the way, as well, up here in Mount Pleasant.