• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sharks vs Wings GNT2: Electric Boogaloo

sTyLnK

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why the Wings didn't just get to center and throw it down the ice to get Howard out. All they were doing were short passes. Dump it down deep and get the goalie off! Geez.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another great game.

wierd penalty calls both ways throughout the game, wish the refs would have just let them play since these teams play some of the most exciting 5-5 hockey in the league.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have time tonight to do anything but come on here and congratulate the Sharks on a hard fought win, and profess my man-crush on Joe Pavelski. Also, I just make mention of the fact that GODDAMMIT!!!!! You idiots! You are supposed to be the old, feeble, but EXPERIENCED veteran team! The Red Wings are supposed to be too old to win anything, but at least smart enough to stay out of the box. How can a team this experienced take so many stupid, stupid penalties. How undisciplined. I am not used to seeing this at all.

Fuck, you fuckin fucks.

KindaChang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
14 penalties assessed in a game with no fights and not many scrums after the whistle. Something is broken with these refs.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I didn't see the play. I just turned the game on now. So, Lidstrom' stick broke and it led to the SJ goal? If so then that's a bad break.

yeah, his stick shattered on a pointshot, leading to a Heatley, Thornton, Marleau 3 on 1.
Howard made the initial save, and the rebound bounced off of Rafalski's foot right to Thonton's stick in the crease.

uphill climb for Detroit now, that's for sure.
their face-offs were horrible tonight. that was a surprise.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Wings fans. I am glad we took both at home becuase I hate the thought of having to win in Detroit. This series is long from over.

I will second the request to swallow the whistles and let these two highly talented teams go toe to toe.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Don't know why the Wings didn't just get to center and throw it down the ice to get Howard out. All they were doing were short passes. Dump it down deep and get the goalie off! Geez.

As ChickenParm said, they don't even need to get to center, they were shorthanded.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say the Sharks and Wings provide some of the most entertaining hockey in the league. Of course it's tough to beat the Sharks if the refs actually make an effort to stop the blatant Detroit gooning.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Fuck, you fuckin fucks.

I have a photographer friend who used to work hockey games from the suicide box (the area between the benches), and she heard Bertuzzi trash talk some dude with the following:

"Fuck you, you fucking fuck-fuck. I'll fuck you up". She couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a photographer friend who used to work hockey games from the suicide box (the area between the benches), and she heard Bertuzzi trash talk some dude with the following:

"Fuck you, you fucking fuck-fuck. I'll fuck you up". She couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes.

He never struck me as a great conversationalist.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah well. good game sharks. i gotta say, when the sharks are on, they look damn damn good. and to all you sharks fans, this truly is not the same sharks team that has lost so many times in the playoffs. they look fully capable of winning the whole thing.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question though; do you think Big Pav makes Little Joe wear a skirt in the dressing room? :-)

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 penalties assessed in a game with no fights and not many scrums after the whistle. Something is broken with these refs.

Watson and other guy should never ref another playoff game again. The officiating was horrid tonight. Beyond horrid really. I thought the Wings got shafted more often than the Sharks. Despite that it was still a fun game to watch, and would have been even if the Sharks lost. As several others have said, these teams are two of the most skilled teams in the league and the puck goes flying up and down the ice when it's 5 on 5. I think the officiating will be a little nicer to the Wings at the Joe, heh. And Detroit is very capable of taking both home games and sending the series back to the Tank tied. I do have to say though, it's nice to finally see some hard work go along with the talent in San Jose. The top line finally came through just like I was hoping they would. Game 3 should be good, and I expect the Wings to come out flying. Nabby will have to be ready.