• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Sharks Vs Blues

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got home!!!! GOOOO SHAAARRRRKKKSSSS!!! BEST HOCKEY GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing night. I have been watching Bay Area hockey back to the California Golden Seals days. I have been to Seals games in the early 70's and to finally see a Bay Area team in the NHL final I can't describe the feeling. When the Seals left never thought I'd see this. Thank you San Jose Sharks.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I get watch a team playing for championship that I've followed since their inception, even went to a few games at the cow palace.

Me too at the Cow Palace and Oakland Coliseum with the Seals. A loooooooooooooooooong wait for this.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That was a completely dominant performance in the biggest game in franchise history. All four lines were excellent! Best game of the series by a million for patricia, and the big guys who score giant goals did it again: Pavs with the first (what a fucking stud!!) and ward, who has a history of brilliant clutch PO performances, did it again!

Great great defense by all 6 D and the forwards, as they really smothered the blues for the first 50 minutes. Amazing team win, and just the greatest game ever. I mean all four lines were awesome, even the zubris line was forechecking brilliantly and working hard in the O zone. The sharks just dominated the blues, and were SO SO smart all game giving up ZERO powerplays. Just a clutch, heady, structured, and brilliant game.

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I/my family are 25 year season ticket holders (my dad is actually in the "history of california hockey" video they showed at the outdoor game. This is the most amazing sports feeling I have ever had, and honestly, I know its not the end goal, but I truly, in my heart, feel that the sharks will complete the job. They have the best structure, best depth, best goaltending, and best coaching left in the Playoffs. They have shown that they can shut down an opposition star (kopitar, teresenko, forsberg, doughty, etc), so they can shut down sid and gino or kucherov. They have the depth that no team can match, the best Dman left in the PO's, and have no reason why they cant march through to the cup. Kinda surreal saying this, and surreal given how incredibly low we all were about 8 months ago. wow :-)

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully they can finish it off for you Rules. This fanbase certainly deserves it.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I/my family are 25 year season ticket holders (my dad is actually in the "history of california hockey" video they showed at the outdoor game. This is the most amazing sports feeling I have ever had, and honestly, I know its not the end goal, but I truly, in my heart, feel that the sharks will complete the job. They have the best structure, best depth, best goaltending, and best coaching left in the Playoffs. They have shown that they can shut down an opposition star (kopitar, teresenko, forsberg, doughty, etc), so they can shut down sid and gino or kucherov. They have the depth that no team can match, the best Dman left in the PO's, and have no reason why they cant march through to the cup. Kinda surreal saying this, and surreal given how incredibly low we all were about 8 months ago. wow :-)

First. You guys deserve this Chance. Congrats

@nd. I saw you mention Sid and Geno........... I would be more worried about the sizzling H B K line then those 2

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High 5s all around! Bring on the Finals!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First. You guys deserve this Chance. Congrats

@nd. I saw you mention Sid and Geno........... I would be more worried about the sizzling H B K line then those 2

Was just gonna say this. It's kessel who needs to be neutralized

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hopefully they can finish it off for you Rules. This fanbase certainly deserves it.

Thanks Cmon... Honestly, they havent been lucky this PO's to be where they are. In the big games 5-0 vs. nash and then 4-0 up on stl (5-2 final is deceptive as it wasnt close). That's impressive and theyve had tons of adversity along the way. they can win on the road (5-4 on the road is amazing), and at home, and they are better than either of the east teams, I believe. I would be the sharks against anyone right now.

Oh, and perhaps most important: they are healthy, completely. amazing 100 games into the season.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kind of curious if we are going to see a huge series out of both Marleau and Thornton

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got back - OMG what an atmosphere!! This team has HEART (can't believe what I just saw).

Hope Tampa wins tomorrow so SJ gets home ice and don't have to travel first. Will make a big difference.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kind of curious if we are going to see a huge series out of both Marleau and Thornton

Well, the great thing is while its awesome if those are spectacular, the sharks have so many weapons right now. Burns on the back end, pavelski and couture are at 22 and 24 pts in 18 games, Hertl, donskoi, ward, tierney, karlsson, and even wingels all have mutliple goals. add in the big two, and you are talking about 11 guys with multiple goals and 8 guys with 10 pts or more. The sharks are deep. they are sound defensively. they have great goaltending. Even if PM and Jumbo arent superstars, they just need to be solid and the sharks have a great chance against whoever they face.

of course, it would be awesome if patty and jumbo go off the rocker in the finals. If the sharks do win, it will be an interesting battle between Burns, Pavelski, and cooch for the conn smyth right now. I know I am way ahead of myself, but what a fun conversation to have!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got back - OMG what an atmosphere!! This team has HEART (can't believe what I just saw).

Hope Tampa wins tomorrow so SJ gets home ice and don't have to travel first. Will make a big difference.

Me too! Amazingly, I will be in cincinnati for work from june 1-9! if pitt wins, I will not get to see a game! GO LIGHTNING! (of course ill be watching all on TV, and looking into flights to pitt for an evening (like a 5 pm flight returning at midnight if possible))

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such an unbelievable feeling right now! What a dreamy night, a night we have dreamed about for too many years has finally become reality. I am very happy for all of you and for the Sharks. They are playing so well right now and have a great chance to bring home the cup to San Jose!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Sharks fans! The game looked more like a 1st round mismatch than game 6 of the WCF. Very impressive performance! The Sharks deserve every bit of praise they get and I am happy you guys get to watch your team in the SCF's for the very first time. I always enjoy seeing fans reactions to the whole experience of their teams 1st SCF's.

Good luck in the finals and enjoy it no matter what happens in the end!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too! Amazingly, I will be in cincinnati for work from june 1-9! if pitt wins, I will not get to see a game! GO LIGHTNING! (of course ill be watching all on TV, and looking into flights to pitt for an evening (like a 5 pm flight returning at midnight if possible))

Until last night for some reason I thought we had to travel either way. Maybe it's because i knew Tampa had home ice in round 1 so assumed they would have it on us. But love that we got a shot at home ice.

That said, maybe it's better we hit the road first? Lol. We went 0-3 on the road in the 1 series we had home ice, 5-1 in the two we didn't!!! When you start on the road the sense of urgency is a little greater knowing you literally have to win at least 1 road game to take the series.

I'm mostly joking but that is a little ironic!

Edit. Sorry for notification I meant to quote Madcap lol. You guys need avitars!!!