• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shannihammer's First Superstar Test

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that Weber only got a $2,500 fine. I guess it was this because Hansen didn't miss any game time.
This is the type of play that I thought they were trying to stop. I guess there is 2 sets of diciplinary rules....one for superstars and one for the rest.

Preds' Weber fined $2,500 for hit from behind on Hansen

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think so MB. It didnt look that bad. If anything, the Canuck turing right before the impact made it worse. Here's Shanny's words.

"On all plays we deem to be illegal there are varying degrees that escalate from one level to the next," Shanahan said. "I didn't like this hit, and I expressed that to Shea Weber. I feel it was an illegal hit. I would like to see less force in that situation and that is why he's being fined. He didn't use all of his force, and did get Hansen sort of on the right side of Hansen's body -- I think a lot of Weber's impact and the sound was him hitting the glass. It wasn't square in the numbers, but it was illegal."

"It is a situation where he can't make that hit that way again. He's now in a situation similar to Letang where he has a fine on his record. Letang's fine is a significant reason why he got suspended instead of fined."

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess that guy does turn, but this has to be part of the idea where he's taking advantage of a vulnerable player. he easily could have removed him from the puck without driving to drive through him.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, I mean if the player doesnt turn its a clean hit. Weber cant control that, Shanny must agree with you though since he was fined.