• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

shanahans drafts in dc

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) williams PB starter
4) riley starting ILB
6) morris TE traded then cut out of nfl
7) austin 2 yrs with team ultimately cut out of nfl decent choice
7) cook 2yrs with team ultimately cut and out of NFL
7 Capers cut

2 solid starters and guys who bridged a gap to something better

1) kerrigan , PB starter hasnt missed an nfl snap
2) jenkins starter in yr 2 suspended 4 games this year
3) hankerson one of 4 wrs on team with 500 + yds could be starting by end of year
4) helu BU rb 2nd team expected to play a lot
5) gomes 2 yrs with team cut and signed by lions
5) paul te , our Mr everything , KR/ wr / Fb /te/ gunner so far a productive pick
6) royster 3yrs with team bu rb and on KR team solid choice
6) a robinson 3yrs with team expected to have more of an impact in year 3 3 tds in 18 targets last season . soild pick
7) thompson , stuck for 1 year then cut , out of nfl
7) hurt , BU o/lineman currently on PUP 3yrs solid pick
7) white cut and was signed by bucs , currently out of nfl
7) nield strong BU NT 2nd team solid pick

1) RG3 , ROY PB starting franchise qb
3) Ribeye BU OG with weight issues iffy pick so far
4) KC currently the best BU qb in the NFL with starter potential great pick
4) K robinson spending 2nd season in a row on IR
5) Gettis , jumped ahead as best BU OG on team nice pick
6) A Morris record setting PB RB best pick of the entire regime
6) compton 2 yrs on roster , currently the swing Tackle . looks to be a good pick
7) crawford , made impacy as a rookie at CB late in the year and as a PR currently on IR
7) Bernstine , career appears over with devastating knee injury . made final roster as a rookie

2) amerson appears to be future starting cb .
3) reed 4th TE with ability to move up further
4) Thomas currently on IR would have been BU SS and future starter
5) thompson rb Burner with field position change potential should handle our return duties by seasons end
5) b jenkins key figure in our swift package . future starter with us or potential trade bait like KC
6) rambo amazing 1st year starter for us
7) jamison rb PS player with some potential

hard to gripe about that record :suds:

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan has done a great job of drafting and signing free agents.

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why ur saying Rambo is amazing. Havent seen him play 1 meaningful snap yet.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work shany but is it good enough I think so next year go dline ilb wr we can fill are biggest need in fa this year I want ilb skov stanford

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of the team I hope Shanahan will get an extension. The organization and team is going in the right direction for the first time in a very, very long time. I would hate to see that end after next year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why ur saying Rambo is amazing. Havent seen him play 1 meaningful snap yet.

i think anytime you have a 6th rounder starting in year one and the 1st game that is pretty darn amazing

i mean what do you expect out of that pick ? realistically you hope he is a decent BU or S/teamer

you certainly dont expect him to start game one . (morris aside, and he wasnt expected to start when drafted either )

so that is why :suds:

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think anytime you have a 6th rounder starting in year one and the 1st game that is pretty darn amazing

i mean what do you expect out of that pick ? realistically you hope he is a decent BU or S/teamer

you certainly dont expect him to start game one . (morris aside, and he wasnt expected to start when drafted either )

so that is why :suds:

still wouldnt say its amazing. Rambo probably should have gone earlier than round 6. We probly got a lil lucky. How lucky, tho, has yet to be determined.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering we had no true starter at FS, it's not AMAZING that Rambo is starting there. Who did he have to beat out, Doughty? A professional backup and ST's guy. I'm certain Rambo will have growing pains and cost us several TD's this year just as Do-Do did but I for one believe the ceiling is higher for Rambo than the other two.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work shany but is it good enough I think so next year go dline ilb wr we can fill are biggest need in fa this year I want ilb skov stanford

Washington Redskins draft history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's put this in context. This link shows all of the Redskins drafts over time. Take a look at the drafts for the previous four years before Shanahan arrived - pathetic. Beyond Orakpo (which was a gift from the other teams), Davis & Rob Jackson they basically have nothing to show from this time (& didn't really get much from any of these players in prior seasons).

Also - they have a lot more picks during each draft recently. This will always result in a few more busts. However - it also results in more players who contribute to the team. They drafted 34 players over the past 4 drafts. Compare that to 27 for the previous 4 year period & a pathetic 23 picks for the 4 year period from 2002-2005.

Shanahan inherited a mess that included a lack of young talent, overpaid prima-donnas & cap issues. His work combined with the efforts of Allen are nothing short of amazing. Hopefully - they keep heading in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering we had no true starter at FS, it's not AMAZING that Rambo is starting there. Who did he have to beat out, Doughty? A professional backup and ST's guy. I'm certain Rambo will have growing pains and cost us several TD's this year just as Do-Do did but I for one believe the ceiling is higher for Rambo than the other two.

If it happens that way - I will take the handful of TDs that Rambo gives up over the "way more than a handful" of TDs given up by the safeties last season (by guys with no real upside). Hopefully - nobody gives up anything as disgusting as that TD that allowed the Giants to win the game in NY.