• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SH Forum On Why Bears Rock (2 of 2)

C

cubzzzfanincali

OK, I am going to try to start two parallel threads. One will be why this Bears team isn't good, and the other on why it is. I will do my best to put down any reason I have seen anyone realistically offer....some may even be subsets of one another (e.g. Shea's run defense sucks, the Dline's run defense sucks), but the reason why will be clear in a second.

Once we have a good list together - and only then - we should try to rank the reasons why. I thought of this as I was thinking about the non-reasons that are often offered up here on the forum, and realized it might be a useful way of taking some time and organizing everyone's thinking (don't laugh too hard at that).

So here is my draft initial list of potential Bears awesomeness, in no particular order, which later on once we have a good list, I am going to rank in importance. Some of these are serious, some are kind of a joke, it is up to you, as readers, to decide which is which. If you have more suggestions, post them below.

(and for reasons the Bears are going to keep losing this year, find the parallel thread)

- Adam Podlesh
- Mel Tucker
- Cutler
- Forte
- special teams
- schedule
- sideline coaching outfits
- offense
- Vegas bookies
- too many penalties
- Chris Conte's run defense
- kickoff alignments
- injuries/conditioning
- refereeing
- defense
- great fans
- deferment/receive decisions after the coin toss
- coaching
- Soldier Field turf
- game planning
- Jerry Angelo
- Phil Emery
- Lovie
- Marc
- Roger Goodell
- front 7 defense
- secondary
- linebackers
- D line
- Roberto Garza
- Charles Tillman
- rookies
- offensive tackles
- McCown
- O line
- tight end skills
- offensive rushing game
- rushing defense
- Devin Hester
- skill position guys
- long snapping
- salary cap
- brilliant free agent signings
- draft by front office
- great in-game adjustments
- diarrhea you have personally suffered
- not enough free alcohol
- Shea
- safeties
- Julius Peppers
- good luck
- space aliens
- Mel Tucker
- pass interference calls
- Mother Nature
- Father Time
- Big Government
- letting Urlacher retire

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you compare the Bears to last season, you could arguably claim that the Bears are not as good.

Two rookie offensive lineman, a new head coach who has NEVER been a head coach in the NFL, the loss of your defensive captain (54), not to mention the key players on D (Tillman, Briggs, Melton), the addition of TE Bennett... and they're currently in first place in the division.

Last year, the offense averaged 23.4 points per game (16th in the NFL). So far, the Bears are averaging 28.2 points per game (which is good enough to rank 3rd in the entire NFL).

And let's not forget that the Bears are winning even though they have no better option at the position than Chris Conte.

Last edited by a moderator:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense & a coach who can actually calculate outcomes.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may not be as good statistically but yet to see how good could still win the championship and erase all of our previous mistakes.