• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SF WR takes another Hit

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are reporting this as if it were a setback. This has been known, it was just formalized. And out of our two TE sets, I'm guessing that Boldin will get some of Crabtree's looks, VD will continue to be targeted and our new TE McDonald will be thrown at much like Walker last year. Nothing has really changed as much as SEA fans may want to believe it has.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are reporting this as if it were a setback. This has been known, it was just formalized. And out of our two TE sets, I'm guessing that Boldin will get some of Crabtree's looks, VD will continue to be targeted and our new TE McDonald will be thrown at much like Walker last year. Nothing has really changed as much as SEA fans may want to believe it has.

Really I didn't know he was hurt, all I've been hearing was that manningham and Baldin/Vernon where going to pick up the slack and at some point your going to need a wr or the deep pass, slants are going to be almost impossible. You can't saw that two injuries to your starting WR core is not going to have impact especially when we play because if they can't get separation than keap could be in for a long day of running or holding onto the ball too long. Which increases the chances of him suffering an injury himself. I just don't believe it's no big deal and that nothing has really changed. If anything it puts more pressure on Chad Hall and AJ Jenkins to step up, neither of them have yet proved to be WR you can count on. (Manningham proved with the Gaints that when he was healthy he could add value to the WR core, hasn't really had the chance yet due to injurers for SF)

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He got hurt last year. Old news. AJ is no longer a niner as of today.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manningham tore his ACL and I think MCL last season about midway through. Anyone talking about Mario contributing would be talking about the end of this season at best, more long term hopes as more realistic. As far as separation, the beauty of having the fastest TE in the NFL allows for our offense to run a bit differently then any other. I am not worried. Denying that Boldin can create separation is silly on your part. He was considered too slow coming out of college, pretty sure he has proven that wrong over the course of his career.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Collie, Kyle Williams, Jon Baldwin are now expected to get some touches. Boldin, VD, and McDonald would get the most looks based on how our offense ran last season.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That should concern 9er fans. The President of the AARP, a great TE and a rookie? :wtf2:

Nothing has really changed but maybe something should because that appears to be a pedestrian O.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q's 40 yard dash time of 4.73 is slower than all our Linebackers lol. Q's is a great player though because of his desire to "win" on every play and his ability to beat up on the 5 foot 10 190lb CB in the league. To bad Seattle doesnt have 5 foot 10 190lb CB's.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as separation, the beauty of having the fastest TE in the NFL allows for our offense to run a bit differently then any other. I am not worried. Denying that Boldin can create separation is silly on your part. He was considered too slow coming out of college, pretty sure he has proven that wrong over the course of his career.

You should be worried. If the Hawks had that receiving corp, you'd be :whoo:. Yet, you have
those receivers and you're not worried. Funny how that works.

Sorry, Boldin doesn't create separation in the standard sense of the word. Does he use his body effectively to snatch the ball? Yes, but that's not separation, that's a crafty veteran getting position. Kaep better have pinpoint accuracy or the ball is tipped and bad bad things happen.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be worried. If the Hawks had that receiving corp, you'd be :whoo:. Yet, you have
those receivers and you're not worried. Funny how that works.

Sorry, Boldin doesn't create separation in the standard sense of the word. Does he use his body effectively to snatch the ball? Yes, but that's not separation, that's a crafty veteran getting position. Kaep better have pinpoint accuracy or the ball is tipped and bad bad things happen.

Don't assume you know what I am thinking asshat. SEA, much like the Niners, have an above average run game which is their bread and butter. I'm not worried. Funny how you want to now dissect the word separation by splitting hairs.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should concern 9er fans. The President of the AARP, a great TE and a rookie? :wtf2:

Nothing has really changed but maybe something should because that appears to be a pedestrian O.

So a 6'5" 270 lb TE with a huge wingspan and some WR ability as shown by his time at Rice as a rookie? Sounds like the rookie is a mismatch waiting to happen. Boldin as president of the AARP at 32/33? Interesting. Still effective nonetheless. And Vernon is one of the best all around TE in the game. With our road grader OL and effective running game, this alone is quite a bit of fire power. We don't need to throw it 35+ times per game to effective.