• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serious Question On Burrow..

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you stand pat no matter what is offered in hopes of a difference maker at QB that could change the trajectory of our franchise, or do you accept a trade and take a chance on someone else?

What would have to be offered for you to pull the trigger on a trade, what is bare minimum, or is there even a minimum? Do you stand pat? Do you trade him? If you do, who would you trade with in current draft positioning, and what do you ask for?

Personally, I turn it all down and pray he is the answer, no matter how many holes we have to fill. You don't get franchise signal callers at this age very often, but you can plug holes with quality free agents each and every single year. The draft is too risky to place too much confidence in 1 pick, or for that matter, say we were given 3 first round picks for Burrow, plus something else. What are the chances the Bengals don't screw 2 of those 3 picks up, while the other becomes a good player, but no more than a few pro bowls? I like the chances of Burrow bucking the Bengals trend, and if he doesn't, then it was worth the risk. If teams like Miami and New Orleans are interested in mortgaging many future drafts for a chance at this kid, I say we stay pat, take him, and it only costs us 1 1st round pick, because we don't have to mortgage many first round picks to grab him.

I can see the argument already, but if you reject those 1st round picks, you just mortgaged them. I don't see it that way. Right now we own the 1st overall pick. We do not have to give up anything we don't already have. Yes, we lose the chance at 3 first round picks, but we also don't have to spend them to get a potential franchise signal caller from the area, where you could place more butts in the seats, and start to really help southern ohio rally around a local kid leading your team after a season he just had at LSU.

I was all on the Young train, but Burrow showed me something down the stretch about his smarts, toughness, and his will to win. He is humble while still confident, and seems like a down to earth kid that gives thanks for all that he has been given. Time for the Bengals to become relevant. It is our time to be one of those decade teams.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not nearly as good at drafting as Hobs and the other spinsters like to pretend..... Look at our first rounds since 2011. We were gifted AJ Green due to a high draft position and he's one one of the very few to be worth his slot. We've been gifted Burrow by our draft position - Better to just accept the gift and not get cute.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jbuck will call him 'the wheel'

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We're not nearly as good at drafting as Hobs and the other spinsters like to pretend..... Look at our first rounds since 2011. We were gifted AJ Green due to a high draft position and he's one one of the very few to be worth his slot. We've been gifted Burrow by our draft position - Better to just accept the gift and not get cute.

As amazing as Green is theres a strong argument that even that was the wrong pick. Julio Jones is an even better player at the same position and he was drafted 2 picks later. Patrick Peterson, JJ Watt and Tyron Smith are also all likely HOFers picked in the top of that first rd that play more important positions.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As I've said before I think a lot of the truly great drafting was on the defensive side of the ball when Zimmer was on the staff

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As far as Burrow goes I agree with Crash you have to roll the dice on him.

Also if everyone is sending crazy offers for him it means hes coveted around the leauge

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As amazing as Green is theres a strong argument that even that was the wrong pick. Julio Jones is an even better player at the same position and he was drafted 2 picks later. Patrick Peterson, JJ Watt and Tyron Smith are also all likely HOFers picked in the top of that first rd that play more important positions.

Good points. I think receiver was the right pick for us given our roster at the time. But damn, there were some good players in that draft.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good points. I think receiver was the right pick for us given our roster at the time. But damn, there were some good players in that draft.

If you didn't reach on a QB in the early 1st rd you couldn't mess that one up. Theres probably 10 players who will get HOF consideration and a handful of locks. If not for off the field issues Aldon Smith makes that class even better

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Julio missed time early on - may have caused some issue with being competitive as they were early on with Dalton/Green. Of course, now, Julio has been more available than Green over the past few years, but splitting hairs - because both are/were damned good WR's.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Julio missed time early on - may have caused some issue with being competitive as they were early on with Dalton/Green. Of course, now, Julio has been more available than Green over the past few years, but splitting hairs - because both are/were damned good WR's.

It was definitely nitpicking on my part as its still a great 1st rder. But with Julio I'd take him over any WR since Calvin Johnson and even then its a debatable for me

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Green was better for awhile, but Jones certainly surpassed him.