• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Pens vs Rangers round 2

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really just want to get rid of all our dmen except for Maatta this offseason. Just call up the kids and get them some experience. Fire Disco and hire John Hynes from WBS. Have Sid & Geno fake season ending injuries early in the season so we could draft Connor McDavid.

The Doobster knows how to get this franchise back on track :nod:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid was once an excellent puck control artist & superb passer. I believe he still is. I'd like to see him on a line with a sniper or 2. I think using Sid for quick, accurate puck movement & as a feeder to someone's wheelhouse would be awesome! The problem with how he's being used now is that most teams are on him like flies on shit. Let someone else bring the puck into the zone & bring Sid in late or off the bench to get that accurate passing?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nooooooooo! Keep Bennett or Sutter on that line. Cake eater goes with Glass and Adams...maybe even Engelland! :):laugh3:

I'm fine with Glass - Sid - Adams

Call it the dead weight line.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid was once an excellent puck control artist & superb passer. I believe he still is. I'd like to see him on a line with a sniper or 2. I think using Sid for quick, accurate puck movement & as a feeder to someone's wheelhouse would be awesome! The problem with how he's being used now is that most teams are on him like flies on shit. Let someone else bring the puck into the zone & bring Sid in late or off the bench to get that accurate passing?

Sid is still the best player in the world IMO, problem is that he isn't playing like it, and hasn't played like it since the Olympics.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, imo, he really needs to recreate himself. Just needs to change it up a tad. This will throw off the opposition. "Been there, done that" is what he is now & every team's ready for it. If he changes it up, opposition will be caught off guard & opportunity arises. He needs new moves, maybe he needs to look off a pass...just get more creative.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to believe he is hurt. Just never seen his with such a lack of burst and no ability to stop and start in the offensive zone. There is no reason he would start dogging it because he is lazy, think the worst about Sid, but the guy isn't lazy.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, definitely not lazy. But players/teams learn other players, especially the talented ones. Once you become predictable, you're shut down.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problems go beyond Sid. Even if Sid was playing up to expectations we would lose this series. Mainly because of our dmen. What a pathetic bunch.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Stamkos would score every time he used that one-timer or that spin-o-rama that he's used only twice now in shoot outs? No way! Sid's a great, no doubt, he just needs reinvention! Something new

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problems go beyond Sid. Even if Sid was playing up to expectations we would lose this series. Mainly because of our dmen. What a pathetic bunch.

Ranger's D isn't much better. They just really keyed in on the Guins top talent. I felt your D did the same.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Stamkos would score every time he used that one-timer or that spin-o-rama that he's used only twice now in shoot outs? No way! Sid's a great, no doubt, he just needs reinvention! Something new

Sid's problem is that he focuses on being a playmaker. Doesn't shoot the puck when he should. I'm sick of him looking for Kunitz when Kunitz never gets there. I totally agree, Sid needs to become more of a sniper.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid's problem is that he focuses on being a playmaker. Doesn't shoot the puck when he should. I'm sick of him looking for Kunitz when Kunitz never gets there. I totally agree, Sid needs to become more of a sniper.

Yup, he needs to do the unexpected!

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, definitely not lazy. But players/teams learn other players, especially the talented ones. Once you become predictable, you're shut down.

There's really nothing teams are doing against Crosby, just playing defense. Sid's been targeted by the other team his whole career.

The things that stands out is his lack of burst when he gets the puck now. When he is going well, he is so good because he is so much quicker than everyone else in tight. Right now, he has nothing, and it's easy to check the puck away.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really nothing teams are doing against Crosby, just playing defense. Sid's been targeted by the other team his whole career.

The things that stands out is his lack of burst when he gets the puck now. When he is going well, he is so good because he is so much quicker than everyone else in tight. Right now, he has nothing, and it's easy to check the puck away.

I agree, they are meeting him at the blue line for the most part. Maybe he isn't up to par because he was so much better at entering the zone than what he's showing now. And it could also be that he's leary of getting another concussion. I saw a big change in Vinny's play after Cooke hurt him.
Not that Vinny is or was even close to Sid's talent

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't, though. He shoots quite a bit. He's missing the net in the playoffs a lot, which is one issue, and the other is he's getting stopped.

He does look slow, though. There were a few times tonight that he would have had defensemen beaten clean usually, but they were able to catch him. He made the move, he got around them, but he couldn't pull away like he normally does.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they are meeting him at the blue line for the most part. Maybe he isn't up to par because he was so much better at entering the zone than what he's showing now. And it could also be that he's leary of getting another concussion. I saw a big change in Vinny's play after Cooke hurt him.
Not that Vinny is or was even close to Sid's talent

I really don't think it has much to do with the concussion that was years ago, and he hasn't shown any timidity.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he's not hurt, he's usually very fun to watch. Quite the talent and I hope he returns very soon for you all!

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't know, it's more Malkin that refuses to shoot, and forgets what makes him good.

One thing when he is going bad he does become predictable, not sure if he has been predictable or just bad/hurt. Probably some of both.