• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serena’s true class resurfaces again

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martina, Graf, Lloyd, her sister Venus......

I don’t mind someone having a little fire in their belly. Hell, it takes me 24 hours and a fifth of bourbon to shake off a loss in fantasy sports.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t mind someone having a little fire in their belly. Hell, it takes me 24 hours and a fifth of bourbon to shake off a loss in fantasy sports.

In her case it isn't fire in her belly after a match, it's arrogance and excuse making. Sometimes you just get beaten, accept it, move on and in the next tourney get even.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In her case it isn't fire in her belly after a match, it's arrogance and excuse making. Sometimes you just get beaten, accept it, move on and in the next tourney get even.
fuck that

when I lose, I beat myself up and try to figure out what I did wrong. It may be that my opponent was better, but I am not ready to accept that. I would rather her say what she wants to say instead of feeding us canned answers just to be nice. Fuck that. She's the best in the world for a reason.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck that

when I lose, I beat myself up and try to figure out what I did wrong. It may be that my opponent was better, but I am not ready to accept that. I would rather her say what she wants to say instead of feeding us canned answers just to be nice. Fuck that. She's the best in the world for a reason.

Martina and Graf were the best in the world too, but they still complimented their adversaries when the lost. Graf winning 7 straight grand slams may have been the most dominant thing I've ever seen in sports.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one experts her to like it but one can show a little class and give the opponent credit which she never seems to do.
She didn’t even know her opponent’s name. It’s like “I am Serena, won 23 majors, I get the best PEDs money can buy and whack the shit out of my opponents, whose names I don’t care to know”. Now she knows her name alright. ESPN pointed that out quick and enough.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once she shakes off the rust she'll probably still be the best player in the world.
More like, “Once her PED cycle kicks in”.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Womens tennis has still not risen high enough that Serena can not still be the best. Sad but true. It is slowly getting better but it is just not there.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've had a league I've been in for 12 years, with 16 managers. Have never won it, and only even played for the championship once. Every year I don't win it, I think it takes longer to get over. Last year, I was in the title game, it said I was winning after the final buzzer, and then after Monday stat corrections, we were tied with me losing the tiebreaker.

This year, barring a miracle where my opponent gets a bunch of DNPs, I won't play in the title game, and it will hurt because it's another year I couldn't win it at least once.

fuck that

Martina and Graf were the best in the world too, but they still complimented their adversaries when the lost. Graf winning 7 straight grand slams may have been the most dominant thing I've ever seen in sports.

I agree with @Cyder

I don't think it's about being nice.

I think you can both say the opponent played better; AND that there's 6 - 7 things you need to improve on so you can play your best.

Saying the opponent played better isn't about being nice, it's just about giving credit that they played better, and that you didn't play at the level you needed to. That doesn't mean you're happy with the loss.

When Venus Williams lost in the Wimbledon Finals last year, she both acknowledged she didn't do some things well, and said she wasn't happy with making the Finals. She said she had to "go back to the drawing board".

She accomplished both things by saying she needed to play better, but also showed her competitive side by saying that she was unhappy and had to start over for her game plan.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it goes without saying that the opponent played better if the other player won.

but that isn't something you yourself can control. All you can do it say "I need to do better"

"I lost because the other person was better" doesn't cut it for me. I lost because I sucked in these areas.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it goes without saying that the opponent played better if the other player won.

but that isn't something you yourself can control. All you can do it say "I need to do better"

"I lost because the other person was better" doesn't cut it for me. I lost because I sucked in these areas.
Have you played with yourself lately??