• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sept. 25 vs. San Francisco

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not harvin or graham, its the offense.

Just look at the patriots with a 3rd string scrub at qb.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that was pretty amazing, but Texans had a hand in losing that game with turn overs and lets face it, Oz isn't much of a QB. Pats scored 27 points, yet offensively just got by with hammering Blount and gadget plays, like jet sweeps....you remember those , right? Pats offense sorted of reminded me of the Seahawks offense with Harvin.:rolleyes2:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, you are full of shit. Cable is in the war room jumping around like a clown when we picked trash like carpenter.

He picks the OL he wants, its a fact.

Picking DL to flip to OL is his brainchild. As we all know, college doesnt make good linemen any more so sayeth genius tom cable.

Good grief, it's not just Cable saying that.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Hawks drafted Wilson. Bevell was celebrating. So obviously we have Bevell to thank for drafting Wilson.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean the 97 yards of passing? Or the fact that they gain fewer yards than either of the Hawks games? How about the defense giving their offense the ball in Houston territory 5 times - where the Seahawks offense hasn't started 1 drive in opposing territory? Or is it the average starting position of their own 40 (Seattle averaged the 17 against the Rams) that the defense gave them? How about 2 drives starting at their opponents 21 & 22 (both fumbled kick offs)?

By comparing the Seahawks offense to the Patriots offense last night, what you've really done is show what our defense hasn't done. It hasn't won the field position battle, and it hasn't created any turnovers. Our offense is having it's struggles, but the sky is not falling.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didnt crap the bed with a 3rd stringer, lord knows how awful it would be for us if boykin had to start.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know its cable, he has input on every OL drafted and we take the guys he wants. Its been that way since the beginning. Its not in question.
I question that. Please show specific data on Cable making the decisions on who is drafted.
I am not asking for Cable's responses about who got drafted, just that he makes the call.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, you are full of shit. Cable is in the war room jumping around like a clown when we picked trash like carpenter.

He picks the OL he wants, its a fact.

Picking DL to flip to OL is his brainchild. As we all know, college doesnt make good linemen any more so sayeth genius tom cable.
Please quit ranting about shit you have no idea over and prove me wrong. Once proven wrong I am happy to concede.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A concern in my eyes is the running back position, I believe that we looked intimidating when we had Lynch and teams would gameplan all week to stop the run. Now I am sure that nobody is worried about Thomas Rawls or Christine Michael I promise you that they are looking to stop the passing game with Wilson and Baldwin. Nobody is worried about Jimmy Graham or the run game, teams are zeroing in on Russell Wilson
Well, I am not going to pretend I know exactly what NFL teams think, but last year when Rawls took control of the starting job he was one of the most productive runners in the league and led the NFL in ypc. And we all know how historically prolific RW was in the 2nd half of the season. So if you're telling me that teams aren't scared of Rawls and just zeroing in on Russell, then I would say they aren't doing a very good job of the 2nd one and their lack of fear of the 1st one didn't work out that well either. This was the 4th highest scoring offense in the league last year.

It didn't get that way until the OL improved though. If this line can get better like last year's did, I think we'll see similar production whether it's Rawls or Michael running it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few articles that prove my point:

The complicated case of Tom Cable

Seahawks approach draft like no other NFL team

of course, they arent going to come straight out and say cable picks them, but a little deductive reasoning, logic, and common sense says he does.
This said from the 1st article you reference in your attempt to prove that Cable makes the pick.It is a fact, you say..."We're not going to draft a guy [Cable] doesn't like," Schneider said. "He doesn't have the final say, but we would never draft somebody he doesn't think could play. You are totally spinning your wheels there."
Shall I embold the part that states Cable does not have the final say?
I bet you have no idea how important the teams medical staff is involved on draft day. They do...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playing-Hur...553242?hash=item2115604c1a:g:eLQAAOSw9NdXuLwD

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We're not going to draft a player he doesn't like".

Well that's just being a good GM, right?

Drafting players that your coaches don't like is a good way to ruin a team.

Also notice that JS is quick to add that he's the final say. Snuggles will call him a liar though.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few articles that prove my point:

The complicated case of Tom Cable

Seahawks approach draft like no other NFL team

of course, they arent going to come straight out and say cable picks them, but a little deductive reasoning, logic, and common sense says he does.

What in the second link has any kind of hints that he's making draft picks? I think it's pretty obvious that JS is taking responsibility for picks in the first link, but at least there's something there that you could reach for. The second just says that he's expected to drive intangibles and that's it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“If he’s comfortable with it, then we go from there.”

its obvious you drank all the koolaid at the party

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am not going to pretend I know exactly what NFL teams think, but last year when Rawls took control of the starting job he was one of the most productive runners in the league and led the NFL in ypc. And we all know how historically prolific RW was in the 2nd half of the season. So if you're telling me that teams aren't scared of Rawls and just zeroing in on Russell, then I would say they aren't doing a very good job of the 2nd one and their lack of fear of the 1st one didn't work out that well either. This was the 4th highest scoring offense in the league last year.

It didn't get that way until the OL improved though. If this line can get better like last year's did, I think we'll see similar production whether it's Rawls or Michael running it.

I mean with Rawls last year when a player is new to the league they can have games like the ones he has had because he doesnt have the reputation of being one of the better backs in the league. you are correct on wilson last season he did pass the ball well and it was due to a solid offensive line playing. its just that I feel that this offense is just one dimensional the running game is just average. CM as a full time back would be like 900 yards 5 TDs which really isnt a big deal and who knows when Rawls will be fully healthy just because he is cleared to play doesnt mean he is healthy and nobody gets healthier as the season goes on. Like this analyst said if you limp into the season hurt you will most likely limp out of the season hurt

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean with Rawls last year when a player is new to the league they can have games like the ones he has had because he doesnt have the reputation of being one of the better backs in the league. you are correct on wilson last season he did pass the ball well and it was due to a solid offensive line playing. its just that I feel that this offense is just one dimensional the running game is just average. CM as a full time back would be like 900 yards 5 TDs which really isnt a big deal and who knows when Rawls will be fully healthy just because he is cleared to play doesnt mean he is healthy and nobody gets healthier as the season goes on. Like this analyst said if you limp into the season hurt you will most likely limp out of the season hurt

IDK about that, the year the Seahawks won the SB the OL had a bunch of injuries first half of the season, also Harvin had his hip problem. First half of the season the offense stunk, but then players all got healthy for the playoffs ( except Harvin) and the Seahawks started rolling.
Let's see what happens after the bye week, I sort of figure then is when the Seahawks start looking better. Figure RW, Ifedi and Rawls will be 100% be then and the offense can be more balanced and explosive. Going to be a rough ride in the mean time.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about that, the year the Seahawks won the SB the OL had a bunch of injuries first half of the season, also Harvin had his hip problem. First half of the season the offense stunk, but then players all got healthy for the playoffs ( except Harvin) and the Seahawks started rolling.
Let's see what happens after the bye week, I sort of figure then is when the Seahawks start looking better. Figure RW, Ifedi and Rawls will be 100% be then and the offense can be more balanced and explosive. Going to be a rough ride in the mean time.

yeah its insane for anyone to believe that this slump in the offense and passing game will be for the rest of the season. I just do not believe CM is anything more than a back up back and I think TR will continue to have injury issues the rest of his NFL career

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah its insane for anyone to believe that this slump in the offense and passing game will be for the rest of the season. I just do not believe CM is anything more than a back up back and I think TR will continue to have injury issues the rest of his NFL career

Hope your wrong about Rawls, but I worry about his injuries issues also. To early to know yet though.