• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Semifinals - Vegas Golden Knights vs. Montreal Canadiens

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have gotten one series right this whole playoffs ..

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I’m not rooting for them but I’m not really rooting against them. I know some Leaf fans on Twitter are taking it pretty badly though lol

The only team I really don’t want to see succeed are the Sens and even at this point I’d kinda like them to be a little good because 5 of the Leafs’ last 6 series wins came against them and I think playing them might be the only way they ever win another playoff round. Everyone else I’m rather ambivalent about.

ok Edmonton can suck it too.
Edmonton - fuck you
Calgary - fuck you
Toronto - fuck you
Montreal - grew up watching hockey in the 70's and they were so good to watch. still have a soft spot for them, and they are Toronto's rival, so that's a plus
Ottawa - went through some very rough times early on, and also Toronto's rival, so they are cool. need to ditch the owner though.
Winnipeg - again, nostalgia from the earlier Jets gives them a step up. so they are cool for now. Core seem to be a bit dickish to other players, so we'll see how that plays out. could flip to fuck you.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only took them beating the Leafs.

I would’ve bet them beating Winnipeg. I did not think they’d beat Vegas.
Ah, I thought you put it on them going the rest of the way.

They said on the broadcast last night that the pre-playoff odds were 500:1

500 bucks would get ya a quarter mil. Damn.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton - fuck you
Calgary - fuck you
Toronto - fuck you
Montreal - grew up watching hockey in the 70's and they were so good to watch. still have a soft spot for them, and they are Toronto's rival, so that's a plus
Ottawa - went through some very rough times early on, and also Toronto's rival, so they are cool. need to ditch the owner though.
Winnipeg - again, nostalgia from the earlier Jets gives them a step up. so they are cool for now. Core seem to be a bit dickish to other players, so we'll see how that plays out. could flip to fuck you.

Ooooo, do the American teams!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw the Habs odds to win the cup went to +10000 when they went down 3-1 to the Leafs.

This shows around +6500 :noidea:

Screenshot 2021-06-25 104716.png

/edit: +7000
Screenshot 2021-06-25 105332.png

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to hear the story of whoever the biggest winner is at the end of it all. Someone had to throw some bucks down on the whole shebang when they were 1-3 to TO.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton - fuck you
Calgary - fuck you
Toronto - fuck you

Agree with Edmonton and Toronto.

Calgary: Fuck you and your live body be ran over multiple times by a monster truck*

Ottawa: I kinda have a soft spot deep inside of me. Hell before Boston in 2013, Ottawa used to hold that Team 2 spot in my heart. Agree on Mylnick

Montreal: Like Ottawa, I got a huge soft spot for them because of a Toronto/Montreal argument and their the only team that my family can get behind.

Winnipeg: I like them but don't root for them.

The Calgary thing is personal to me. My dad is from their and alot of his family are Flames fans so I hear alot of Canucks jokes, so you can understand the HUGE hatred that I have for Calgary.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton - fuck you
Calgary - fuck you
Toronto - fuck you
I say fuck em all lol

Habs fans I know personally ... when the team is scuffling or in the thick of it ... are just regular fans to me (acceptable) but I just know if they win a cup here they will become insufferable ... ugh ! ... just like fuckin Leafs fans after they come close to winning a first round series (or just in general really) :noidea:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton - fuck you
Calgary - fuck you
Toronto - fuck you
For me it's based on people I know in real life and those invisible friends I have here for how I feel about Canadian teams.

Montreal - Woman who works with my wife was born in Montreal. She is really nice, and came out to watch my son play and said it was good he wears 31 because he looks like Carey Price which made him happy. Plus Comeds is okay for a Baltimorean. Habs are just fine to me.

Ottawa - Always liked them except for that Swedish meatball. Went there a few times to hang out with an old ESPN buddy I am still good friends with. Kenny is cool. Now that I stopped criticizing Alfie :thumb:. Good trade partner over the years. Ottawa is okay.

Toronto - Three different coaches I was an assistant to and one goalie coach I work with are from there and part of Leafs nation. They are good guys, but fuck would they be insufferable if the Leafs won. None of them are old enough to remember the last time. I appreciate the first rounder for Foligno but otherwise Fuck the Leafuses.

Calgary - Dash is okay fexcept when he is pretending to be from the future, the franchise had MacDonald, Iginla and will soon give us Monahan. Flames are cool.

Winnipeg - Only know one guy with a connection there and he was only there for junior. Scheifele is crazy and was mean to Laine. Fuck Winnipeg.

Edmonton - Fuck Edmonton and their shitty mall that was used for one of the worst Indy Car races ever

Vancouver - The Nuck fans here are weird, but cool. Vancouver looks like a really nice place to live and I am making plans for a visit there someday soon. Kirk McLean was always one of my favorites as was Trevor Linden. My feeling of general okayness with them will become extreme gratefulness once they trade us Horvat for Jones.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary: Fuck you and your live body be ran over multiple times by a monster truck*

...The Calgary thing is personal to me. My dad is from their and alot of his family are Flames fans so I hear alot of Canucks jokes, so you can understand the HUGE hatred that I have for Calgary.

I think we can all understand it... it just seems apparent you've already thought about the sexual acts you'd perform on the corpse, so it's a little concerning. ;)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary - Dash is okay fexcept when he is pretending to be from the future, the franchise had MacDonald, Iginla and will soon give us Monahan. Flames are cool.

Happy to hear that you have forgiven that Flames fan in Ohio that phoned in a bomb threat to Nationwide several years ago.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal/Edmonton/Calgary/Toronto/Vancouver - Due to a lack of any kind of rivalry, significant playoff history, or close geographic proximity, I have little to no feelings of excitement or rage for your teams. I fail to find any words to accurately anthropomorphize your organizations into a physical form I could visit harm upon. I wish you all well.

(Edit - Winnipeg - Forgot about them, but that seems appropriate.)

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all understand it... it just seems apparent you've already thought about the sexual acts you'd perform on the corpse, so it's a little concerning. ;)

No never..........

the simpsons eyes GIF

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to hear that you have forgiven that Flames fan in Ohio that phoned in a bomb threat to Nationwide several years ago.
On second thought...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I definitely should’ve. Even if just rolling the $100 initial bet.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta feel pretty great, eh? Happy for you.
Thanks, it's been at a good time too. For almost three straight weeks I was working 8 am to 8 pm over an hour away from home. (Imagine White Marsh to Largo and back everyday) After a few days the days all ran into each other so the games were a great distraction, whether watching them or listening in the car.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, it's been at a good time too. For almost three straight weeks I was working 8 am to 8 pm over an hour away from home. (Imagine White Marsh to Largo and back everyday) After a few days the days all ran into each other so the games were a great distraction, whether watching them or listening in the car.

Are you Bertie Higgins?!?