• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Semifinals - Vegas Golden Knights vs. Montreal Canadiens

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclean is likely a millionaire several times over already and adds nothing to the broadcast other than lame prepared puns/jokes that fall flat. I took a nice long walk because it was a beautiful evening last night and watched very little of the game. Honestly, if you aren't a fan of the four remaining teams and are still watching every game intently, I tip my cap to you.
I think I might be pretty well done. I watched last night with my son because we both appreciate a good goalie matchup and both Lehner and Price were very strong.

But I began to regret it halfway through the second.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I might be pretty well done. I watched last night with my son because we both appreciate a good goalie matchup and both Lehner and Price were very strong.

But I began to regret it halfway through the second.

I told my son last night if it is a Vegas/TB final I won’t watch a game.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Jesus Christ both these two conference finals have been absolutely brutal. Chris Lee had more impact on that game last night than any other five players combined. Allowing the cheap shots and calling utter nonsense really affected the way both teams played. One more tentatively and one more aggressively.

Just call the fucking game.

It really is the biggest problem that the NHL has to tackle. I mean, I'm sure if you had a poll on Twitter listing the four biggest issues currently plaguing the NHL that officiating would be the runaway winner. And for anyway suggesting that it would only win because it's been so prominent in the news recently, this has been an issue for at least 10 years now and no progress has been made (I would argue it's getting worse).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is the biggest problem that the NHL has to tackle. I mean, I'm sure if you had a poll on Twitter listing the four biggest issues currently plaguing the NHL that officiating would be the runaway winner. And for anyway suggesting that it would only win because it's been so prominent in the news recently, this has been an issue for at least 10 years now and no progress has been made (I would argue it's getting worse).
That's the thing. It's definitely getting worse. And beyond that it seems that only certain teams are benefiting. I remember officiating being awful in the past but it was across the board.

I wish I could find the Hockey News editorial cartoon from like 95 or 96 that shows a guy in a hockey uni with a gun standing over another player he had clearly just shot and a ref there saying "Good thing this is playoff overtime or I might have to call that"

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it, Pietro can't say "Yeah, we're loving it. I hope they keep calling shit in our favor" but he has to realize that the entire problem is that it isn't even. Like this, which wasn't called.

E4a-YQPXwAcPCE6

Woulda been better to STFU, Alex.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, McNabb blocked the ref's vision. You can't call what you don't see right?

:behindsofa:

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calls were missed all over, including this one

almost not sure what is a penalty anymore, except that dangerous puck over the glass

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Furlatt is still working games this late in the playoffs.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Upon further review, we determined that we called a penalty on Vegas. We know what this means for our jobs therefore we are reversing it. Please don't hurt my family, Gary"