• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Semifinalists announced for 2014 Hall of Fame Class - Craig, Eddie D., Haley make cut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eddie should Be a lock, if he is not incarcerated!!

Yup, the guy made some stupid decisions but that shouldn't take away from the product he put on the field. The guy built a dynasty and should be recognized as such. Just like Rose should be in the hall, gambling or not doesn't take away the fact the dude has more hits than anyone in baseball history.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth

I still think John Taylor should have been given consideration for the hall. Maybe he shouldn't make it but should be close. If you look up his numbers when Rice was injured he was putting up numbers that were up there with the best in the league, but he was over shadowed by Rice. If he wasn't so reluctant to talk to the press and promote himself more, fans and writers would have more known his importance to the passing game. When we had Rice and Taylor it was like we had two number ONE wide receivers on the team. I have no doubt that if Rice wasn't here his numbers would have be even more impressive.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope Roger gets in... Aside from being a member of 3 SB winning teams, he was the first player who gained over 1000 yards rushing and 1000 yards receiving in the same season. The only other player to achieve the 1k/1k was Matshall Faulk...

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Roger doesn't Fumble the Jacket when its handed to him.....All jokes aside Craig was a damned good Running Back but I think he is borderline Hall of Fame. I'd like to see him get in but wouldn't be suprised if he didn't.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eddie should Be a lock, if he is not incarcerated!!

He's made it to the final 15 the last two years but didn't make it. I can't remember when he first became eligible. 2005? I don't know to be perfectly honest. If I had to guess, and this isn't an area where I do a great deal of studying up on exactly how many voters feel about him, I would guess that it's definitely going to take a down year for candidates where there aren't SO many names that are locks. Then he might slip in. He may be waiting a long while yet, too, though. Assuming he ever gets in at all.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's made it to the final 15 the last two years but didn't make it. I can't remember when he first became eligible. 2005? I don't know to be perfectly honest. If I had to guess, and this isn't an area where I do a great deal of studying up on exactly how many voters feel about him, I would guess that it's definitely going to take a down year for candidates where there aren't SO many names that are locks. Then he might slip in. He may be waiting a long while yet, too, though. Assuming he ever gets in at all.

I wasnt sure when he became eligible, it has been a few years since he was the owner! I would think there is not much more he could do being 5-0 in Superbowls in 23 years as an owner!!

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eddie D has not been elected to Canton as an NFL Contributor although he has $2.3 Billion, owned the team for 23 years and led the team to 5-0 record in the Super Bowl!:clap:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wasnt sure when he became eligible, it has been a few years since he was the owner! I would think there is not much more he could do being 5-0 in Superbowls in 23 years as an owner!!

If his tenure or time as owner didn't end the way that it did, he would already be in the Hall of Fame. I think almost everybody who covers the game has acknowledged that or would at one point or another in their career.