• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know i know i'm not a regular, i know i can't possibly know hockey, i know fuck me im
a pens fan, and that i obv only started following hockey when we drafted did

did i get the usual bullshit comments out of the way??

You left out "obviously you never played the game"

:D

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow ... comrade is certainly a spinmaster ... "russia decided not to" lol

/lower body injury for OV ... props to him for playing through the Kadri hit/injury

Seems like both knee and hammy

“Sasha always comes to play for Russia,” Znarok said. “But in this case he played injured, on injections… his knee and hamstring. So naturally he said there is only 25 spots on the roster, I don’t want to undermine the team. I appreciate his candor.”

Oleg Znarok: Alex Ovechkin was playing with an injured knee and hamstring

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Pens fans on this board: Fuck you. good series, but fuck you. Don't take it personal, because it's not. As I said last year, I hope you never win a game again, but you're going to repeat and win your 5th(?) cup. Congrats.

For the people trying to kick a dog while their down: Fuck you. You can take that personal, because it is. Fuck you.

Perfectly stated.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. Russia is Ross...

giphy.gif

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Pens fans on this board: Fuck you. good series, but fuck you. Don't take it personal, because it's not. As I said last year, I hope you never win a game again, but you're going to repeat and win your 5th(?) cup. Congrats.

For the people trying to kick a dog while their down: Fuck you. You can take that personal, because it is. Fuck you.
giphy.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could see it in his skating stride, especially at the end of the TO series. It was shorter and more choppy. And not once did he complain. These guys are tough sons of bitches. I can't believe he got up after the Kadri hit, let alone not miss any games.

I have time for this argument, just not in the way its presented in this article. OV isn't the player he was when he came into the league, or even 2-3 seasons ago. He has dropped from elite to great and while the drop is noticeable, he's still a "significant factor".

Any time the opposing team has to discuss how they will address you being on the ice, you are a significant factor. I would imagine that Sullivan used the word "Ovechkin" almost as much as Pierre did the past two weeks.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who puts this on OV are not paying attention. And I have been ultra critical of OV the last year or so. But if they want to trade him, I would let go of just about anyone outside Bob and Werenski to get him.

OV does have negatives in his game, every player does. But no one should ever question his will to win. He took a "demotion" (how it was reported, not necessarily the truth) without complaining. Every coach that comes in has something else they want him to do, and he does it. And he usually does it well. Check? Yep. He does it. Play loose and free, yep. Play the more edgy physical role? He does. He is a coaches' dream and it's in a body that has been blessed with incredible ability.

He didn't do himself any favors with his Olympic comments this year in regards to people questioning his committment, and I have (very vocally) disliked his change to agitator and sandpaper guy the last year or so. Mainly because it is unnecessary. When he is chasing hits, he's not chasing pucks. Or he's not carrying the puck. With him, you want him carrying the puck or making space. The Caps across the board this season seemed to do more of that rub guys into the boards stuff, and I honestly can't say if that is a Trotz thing. But I think if it is a stategery, they should take the shackles off OV (And Burakovsky for that matter). Let him uses his wheels and creativity and he can make things happen.

If he's doing it of his own volition, then I think he's a curmudgeonly dick. :)

Unfortunately for WSH they wasted some of his prime years shackling him. He's still got the best shot in the league IMO, but the legs aren't there nearly as much.