• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid the Kid.

Jake the Snake.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 is on Holtby, IMO. Sid's second goal is a rebound he absolutely has to control. And the winning goal was basically shot right at him and he found a way to get out of the puck's way.

He needs to be better and he will.

... when's that? September?

Can't be that hard on LMAFO but that goal was all him for giving up that rebound.

MAF is playing phenomenally but I never feel totally confident going forward because of his rebound control. He'll make some amazing saves, but consistently kicks rebounds to the high slot on the far side. Worst possible place.

Pen's glasses, Sry man but I have center ice and watch every game I can and that was goal would have been called back in 99.9% of games. Once again I dont agree but it was all year.

I always see the "Sid's team" comments when they get a call, but it's easily silent when the opposite happens. You must've been flabbergasted when the Caps had 7 on the ice in Game 1 but weren't called, right? Or the four power plays the Caps got to start this game?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible when these two teams meet, but Washington has dug themselves a big hole to get out of.
Oh very true. But the shot blocking is truly keeping Fleury from being exposed for his horrible rebounds. The second goal against tonight was proof of that.

Also the amount of players going down to the shot blocks will catch up rather quickly.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh very true. But the shot blocking is truly keeping Fleury from being exposed for his horrible rebounds. The second goal against tonight was proof of that.

Also the amount of players going down to the shot blocks will catch up rather quickly.

Oh I am ecstatic right now with the way this series is going. But I still do not think this series is over, and anytime the Penguins play Washington I am not breathing easy until the Pens have the fourth win in the bank.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what scares me most.

Last year, shot blocking was key and they were very fortunate to stay relatively healthy. At some point, this could catch up to them.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I am ecstatic right now with the way this series is going. But I still do not think this series is over, and anytime the Penguins play Washington I am not breathing easy until the Pens have the fourth win in the bank.

Oh same here. :suds:

And yeah and I didn't think you thought it was over, nothing comes over a chat well.
In any prediction I would never had thought the Penguins would be up 2 coming back to Pittsburgh. Truly I didn't think they would win one game.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens are a much better team at home - Fleury especially. I was hoping for the split, but was prepared to be down 2-0. Did not expect this.

Caps have been the better team in all aspects except finishing. (And goaltending, shockingly.) But those two will do it!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the shot blocks also say is the defensive positional game is superb. Keep the odd-man rushes to a minimum and force offensive zone shots through a crowd. Speed kills.

Last edited:

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always see the "Sid's team" comments when they get a call, but it's easily silent when the opposite happens. You must've been flabbergasted when the Caps had 7 on the ice in Game 1 but weren't called, right? Or the four power plays the Caps got to start this game?

I said it was a good goal already like 3 times. I wish we could go back to mid 80's and play the game.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(And goaltending, shockingly.)
Sieve wasn't bad against the Leafs in the first round but he wasn't exactly stellar other than the last game of the series.

Considering how much of a better team through 4 lines the Pens are compared to the Leafs, this isn't very surprising and it's got the Caps in a very tough situation.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed most of the game tonight except the 3rd... did the Caps outplay the Pens again and find a way to lose? Or was the game closer in terms of the ice tilt than the shot stats indicate?

Just seems like we're not getting the bounces and Holtby has been pedestrian is the summary of this series so far. Never want to be down 2-0, but still don't feel like we're out of the fight yet either. Obviously have to win game 3.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed most of the game tonight except the 3rd... did the Caps outplay the Pens again and find a way to lose? Or was the game closer in terms of the ice tilt than the shot stats indicate?

Just seems like we're not getting the bounces and Holtby has been pedestrian is the summary of this series so far. Never want to be down 2-0, but still don't feel like we're out of the fight yet either. Obviously have to win game 3.

Everyone but Holtby came to play for Washington the first period and most of the second. Nobody came to play except Fleury for Pittsburgh until mid way through the third.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone but Holtby came to play for Washington the first period and most of the second. Nobody came to play except Fleury for Pittsburgh until mid way through the third.

So we've controlled the play through 2 games and still managed to lose. Greeeeeeeeeat.

Maybe it's our turn to come back from a 2-game series deficit. If not, I don't know if I'll be a hockey fan anymore. Only so much a fan can take.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once the Pens scored the shorty, Craps took a dive...no heart. Pens will roll these turds. Craps have to take 4 of the next 5...good luck with that shit.

Pens played 2/3'ds of the game minus a forward and the Craps got hosed...They made the Vezina look stupid, the second best D look bad and now Holtby has to sit...LOL

I loved every minute of this!

Flower Power!!!!

Go Pens