• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round - Boston Bruins vs. New York Islanders

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant take too much more of this. What a series. Playoff hockey remains an entity to itself when you get two teams that just fight with everything they have and grind and hit and go all out from beginning to end. Even with the Boston crowd just whining non-stop. Started the first period of game 1 and hasn’t stopped and Cassidy is just as bad. This is still pretty much a 50/50 series IMO. That perfection line is just unstoppable when they get rolling.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean when its PP advantage 4-0 and the other team scores 3 on said PPs what do you expect. The same thing is going on with the Isles players IMO. Cassidy is just stating the obvious and I am not whining. Series aint over yet.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Isles crowd won't need any encouragement...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean when its PP advantage 4-0 and the other team scores 3 on said PPs what do you expect. The same thing is going on with the Isles players IMO. Cassidy is just stating the obvious and I am not whining. Series aint over yet.
To be clear I’m not at all saying you were whining. I’m saying the fans at the game and the coach were. It was 4-2 in penalties. That’s pretty darn close. Plus in the regular season I heard someone say the bruins were the 3rd most penalized team in the league and the islanders were the least penalized. That is pretty significant and it’s fair to assume it carries over at least to some extent. Then Cassidy starts complaining about giving Bergeron some respect and not throw him out of the face off because he’s a great player and saying they only did it because someone complained. Come on. seriously? Because he’s a great player you shouldn’t throw him out? There’s no chance he doesn’t kick his dog

In the end Cassidy will get what he wants because the refs will now make sure they call more penalties on the Islanders so I guess he is just being smart and trying to get an edge. But you can be darn sure after his comments the fans at the Coliseum are going to go absolutely ballistic every time a penalty is called on the Islanders now (or not called on Boston) and assuming it goes 7 the Bruins fans will do the same. The difference between him and Trotz. Trotz explained why he challenged the goalie interference the other game and then followed it with something to the extent of ‘but I was wrong and I was glad the team bailed me out by killing the power play’ when the ref disagreed.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear I’m not at all saying you were whining. I’m saying the fans at the game and the coach were. It was 4-2 in penalties. That’s pretty darn close. Plus in the regular season I heard someone say the bruins were the 3rd most penalized team in the league and the islanders were the least penalized. That is pretty significant and it’s fair to assume it carries over at least to some extent. Then Cassidy starts complaining about giving Bergeron some respect and not throw him out of the face off because he’s a great player and saying they only did it because someone complained. Come on. seriously? Because he’s a great player you shouldn’t throw him out? There’s no chance he doesn’t kick his dog

In the end Cassidy will get what he wants because the refs will now make sure they call more penalties on the Islanders so I guess he is just being smart and trying to get an edge. But you can be darn sure after his comments the fans at the Coliseum are going to go absolutely ballistic every time a penalty is called on the Islanders now (or not called on Boston) and assuming it goes 7 the Bruins fans will do the same. The difference between him and Trotz. Trotz explained why he challenged the goalie interference the other game and then followed it with something to the extent of ‘but I was wrong and I was glad the team bailed me out by killing the power play’ when the ref disagreed.
Not trying to argue. Bruins go up 1-0 and the parade to the box starts. Sure it ended up 4-2 but lets be honest the 1st call on the Isles came at 18:50. Split PPs between periods are not very good. In any case the Bruins showed me a lot of grit fighting back. Would have been great to see them get into a OT and win it. Didnt happen but as I said earlier I expect a game 6 win and a game 7 war.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to argue. Bruins go up 1-0 and the parade to the box starts. Sure it ended up 4-2 but lets be honest the 1st call on the Isles came at 18:50. Split PPs between periods are not very good. In any case the Bruins showed me a lot of grit fighting back. Would have been great to see them get into a OT and win it. Didnt happen but as I said earlier I expect a game 6 win and a game 7 war.
It's crazy. They are just never out of it. They just keep coming and coming. it's like I'm just watching the clock in total anxiety in that situation. Even when it went to 5-2 I knew it wasn't over. I hate that little f'er Marchand, but damn was that not an amazing goal that just brought fire into the building and to his team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For those keeping score at home this wasn't even called a penalty. Wonder how Cassidy would try to fit that into his agenda

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For those keeping score at home this wasn't even called a penalty. Wonder how Cassidy would try to fit that into his agenda
It’s not just the refs, the league has fallen for the New York Saints propaganda too. The conspiracy runs deeper than we thought.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Rask had some kind of injury. That makes more sense than pulling him. I was hoping that they were going to play the rookie tonight (not because of injury, I didn't know that until just now) even though that would have been nuts. I don't want any part of Rask. I don't expect the Isles to beat him tonight if he stays hot. Obviously he's been really good for a long time but I have been so impressed with him the first two series this year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not just the refs, the league has fallen for the New York Saints propaganda too. The conspiracy runs deeper than we thought.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Rask had some kind of injury. That makes more sense than pulling him. I was hoping that they were going to play the rookie tonight (not because of injury, I didn't know that until just now) even though that would have been nuts. I don't want any part of Rask. I don't expect the Isles to beat him tonight if he stays hot. Obviously he's been really good for a long time but I have been so impressed with him the first two series this year
Rask pulled his pu$$y