• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Boston Bruins vs Columbus Blue Jackets

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No joy in mudville today...

Credit to the Bruins for playing a solid road game. They seemed to have planned for the Jackets being over amped and trying to make big hits and were patient. The capitalized when they got chances and didn't make too big of a deal about it when the Jackets got a goal that should have never counted. They just knuckled down and stayed with it. Kudos.

Couple notes:
- Jackets play one awful period in game one - lose. Play one awful period in game four - lose. So, uhhhh... stop playing awful periods.
- Even though the Jackets best chances came shorthanded, they gotta clean up the stupid penalties. I hope Seth Jones or Dubinsky punched Kukan in the face for that elbow. Coulda been a fiver.
- Frustrating that two of the things that got the Jackets here got abandoned last night. Killing the flow in the neutral, and rolling 5 lines. Texier and Dzingel each had ~5 minutes.
- The Jackets came out trying to play to the crowd and make big hits early. Clendening lit Pasta up, but left his partner to defend a 2 on 1. That's why you don't go out of your way to make a hit. And, subsequently why Marchand tries so hard to piss people off into going out of their way to make big hits.
- At least Bob played til the final buzzer. Boys needed some adversity. I think they felt that they had this because of some Bruins body language in game 3. Never count out a team with that many vets. Ever.
- I would personally like to see the teams get an option of choosing to take the penalty shot or two minutes. Goalies practice shootout and come out on top around 60% of the time. Giving up a penalty shot is not the punishment it used to be. And if that next 2 minutes is played 4 on 4, the game could have been very, very different.

Just hope game five is close until the third. I am coaching Saturday night and our game starts when this one does. I don't wants to miss nuffin.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No joy in mudville today...

Credit to the Bruins for playing a solid road game. They seemed to have planned for the Jackets being over amped and trying to make big hits and were patient. The capitalized when they got chances and didn't make too big of a deal about it when the Jackets got a goal that should have never counted. They just knuckled down and stayed with it. Kudos.

Couple notes:
- Jackets play one awful period in game one - lose. Play one awful period in game four - lose. So, uhhhh... stop playing awful periods.
- Even though the Jackets best chances came shorthanded, they gotta clean up the stupid penalties. I hope Seth Jones or Dubinsky punched Kukan in the face for that elbow. Coulda been a fiver.
- Frustrating that two of the things that got the Jackets here got abandoned last night. Killing the flow in the neutral, and rolling 5 lines. Texier and Dzingel each had ~5 minutes.
- The Jackets came out trying to play to the crowd and make big hits early. Clendening lit Pasta up, but left his partner to defend a 2 on 1. That's why you don't go out of your way to make a hit. And, subsequently why Marchand tries so hard to piss people off into going out of their way to make big hits.
- At least Bob played til the final buzzer. Boys needed some adversity. I think they felt that they had this because of some Bruins body language in game 3. Never count out a team with that many vets. Ever.
- I would personally like to see the teams get an option of choosing to take the penalty shot or two minutes. Goalies practice shootout and come out on top around 60% of the time. Giving up a penalty shot is not the punishment it used to be. And if that next 2 minutes is played 4 on 4, the game could have been very, very different.

Just hope game five is close until the third. I am coaching Saturday night and our game starts when this one does. I don't wants to miss nuffin.

Solid take

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should make it a reviewable play....

But we won so I ain't complaining. Got a wedding on Saturday night outta town and off island.

So @Rex Racer and Gents. Enjoy and I'll be following by phone

Same here

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, that was some pretty shitty officiating, right? No clue how they missed the net puck...I kind of half celebrated because I figured it was going to be overturned. Some very questionable calls against Columbus early, too, I thought.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, that was some pretty shitty officiating, right? No clue how they missed the net puck...I kind of half celebrated because I figured it was going to be overturned. Some very questionable calls against Columbus early, too, I thought.

I told you that after game 2 and I was mocked mercilessly for it.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for a coach to say we gotta roll all five lines out there.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caught another break there.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea who wins this series. Every time I think the Bruins front line talent and experience will overcome Bob, Bob stonewalls them and the Jackets pull it out.

Last night Rask was the difference and the B's first line produced.

These are crazy times. Avs Canes in the final would be a fitting finish to this.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I must admit, I don't know what sawchuk's post or this is in response to.

But I do see this "Show Ignored Content" link that is going to remain unclicked, so I would wager there is a portion of this that I am missing.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I do see this "Show Ignored Content" link that is going to remain unclicked, so I would wager there is a portion of this that I am missing.
yeah, a certain poster (who I assume is the ignored part) said something about only 9 people at the game last night had actually heard of hockey a few weeks ago. so @tsawchuk made his post, ending it with asking who the 9th was...I guess you :D

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've found the ignore feature pretty useless, considering that when there is a bad car accident, I still can't help but look.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, a certain poster (who I assume is the ignored part) said something about only 9 people at the game last night had actually heard of hockey a few weeks ago. so @tsawchuk made his post, ending it with asking who the 9th was...I guess you :D

But I live in Ohio, so it can't be me.

Reactions: gob

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scrolling back a wee bit would help.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still gotz no munnies.

Can, somebody, put a chunk down on C-Bus?

TIA

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mang … fuque this stoopit horse racing BS … get the game on already. :gaah:

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash