• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round: Boston Bruins vs Columbus Blue Jackets

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get being upset that it ended on a PP, but do you really want refs swallowing whistles? If it's a penalty, it's a penalty. Don't commit one, and end up shorthanded.

In OT? Yes. The reffing in the playoffs is atrocious and I don't trust them to know what a penalty is anymore.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That the game winner was a PPG will though. Even a Blue Jackets fan should agree with that.

A power play that was called on a legitimate penalty. All I ever want is the game to be called properly. If my team committed the foul, they should face the consequences. Not many Jackets fans complained when Anderson got four for high sticking Kuraly. We just nervously rocked in the fetal position.

In OT? Yes. The reffing in the playoffs is atrocious and I don't trust them to know what a penalty is anymore.

Because they got that one right?

Reactions: SLY

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neutral take.

Was it a trip? Yes.

Agree or not, the refs make a distinction between infractions occurring away from the play, do not impact on a scoring chance, etc. Those tend not to get call in the playoffs. In this case, Jones was moving the puck up the ice and was directly in front of his net. If he loses the puck to Bergeron because of the trip, only Bobs stands between Bergeron and the end of the game. IMO, refs have to call that one.

Plus it didnt help Bergeron that there were only 3 players withing 50 feet of the play. The tripper, the trippee and Bobs sucking back some of Russia's finest potato firewater

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither does anyone else in Ohio. Just enjoy the run :thumb:

Don't live in Ohio. I've told you that before. Not sure why you don't understand that.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't live in Ohio. I've told you that before. Not sure why you don't understand that.
It's not his fault. Not like there is a tab that shows your location.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A power play that was called on a legitimate penalty. All I ever want is the game to be called properly. If my team committed the foul, they should face the consequences. Not many Jackets fans complained when Anderson got four for high sticking Kuraly. We just nervously rocked in the fetal position.

Because they got that one right?

Not from what I've read, they didn't.

Now, before you go off on me half-cocked accusing me of thinking this way because the Bruins lost on an OT PPG...I've felt this way forever. There should be zero power plays in OT. Let the best team win.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not his fault. Not like there is a tab that shows your location.

I'm all for having fun & talking shit. I do it all the time. But 4/5 times a year RexRacer insists I still live in Ohio. It's kinda bizarre.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neutral take.

Was it a trip? Yes.

Agree or not, the refs make a distinction between infractions occurring away from the play, do not impact on a scoring chance, etc. Those tend not to get call in the playoffs. In this case, Jones was moving the puck up the ice and was directly in front of his net. If he loses the puck to Bergeron because of the trip, only Bobs stands between Bergeron and the end of the game. IMO, refs have to call that one.

Plus it didnt help Bergeron that there were only 3 players withing 50 feet of the play. The tripper, the trippee and Bobs sucking back some of Russia's finest potato firewater

But, was it intentional or accidental? You failed to make that distinction.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO (which is not worth 2 cents) is that Bergeron intended on using his stick to make a play on Jones.

Did Bergeron intend to trip him? I really doubt it.

Did his stick trip Jones? Yes.

I am not convinced that intention is a factor in assessing a penalty. I dare say 99% of all highsticking penalties (esp the ones with blood) were not intentional.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for having fun & talking shit. I do it all the time. But 4/5 times a year RexRacer insists I still live in Ohio. It's kinda bizarre.

well, rex is kind of miserable, so it's somewhat understandable. . .

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it was "intentional". He was probably getting tired, and messed up. It still happened, though, and it was a penalty.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You. When you said you get it from a friend at half the price.
Yeah I do but a lot of people don't know someone who grows (or grow themselves for that matter) so they go to the dispensaries which sell everything including edibles.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That the game winner was a PPG will though. Even a Blue Jackets fan should agree with that.
I didn't dispute the game winner being a PPG, I merely stated THAT goal wouldn't ruin what as a great game IN MY OPINION. If you want to upset so be it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I do but a lot of people don't know someone who grows (or grow themselves for that matter) so they go to the dispensaries which sell everything including edibles.

I'm a big fan of edibles. Haven't bought or toked up on the Sticky Icky since last summer.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from what I've read, they didn't.

Now, before you go off on me half-cocked accusing me of thinking this way because the Bruins lost on an OT PPG...I've felt this way forever. There should be zero power plays in OT. Let the best team win.

First of all where are you reading that it was a bad call or shouldn't have been made? Genuinely curious.

And second, I could argue that allowing a lawless purge like free for all in OT is directly the opposite of "letting the best team win".

Josh Anderson sticking Kuraly wasn't intentional. was still a penalty. By the rules of the game, players are responsible for their stick at all times. Anderson lost control, committed a foul, sat for four minutes. Bergy did the same, sat for two.

There's been plenty to question the refs over this playoffs. A totally blown delay of game call in Caps/Canes in OT. Which was called correctly a few minutes later the other way. The serious WTF moment in Vegas/Sharks. And then the TVR taking a stick to the face, the refs conferring and saying no penalty. Then reversing it when they see TVR bleeding.

But there really wasn't much to complain about in this one.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I don't.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't.

Oh really? Then why do you go outta your way multiple times a year trying to make fun of me for living in Ohio when I haven't lived there in more than 15 years?

If you wanna talk shit about where I currently live it's clearly listed.