• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great character observation:

Devin Nunes
vs
Robert Mueller
Who trump wants fired and sessions to prosecute him.

Lets look at the track records of Nunes vs Mueller in life:

Nunes:
Career Politician, Masters degree in Agriculture never was in the Military, wants to accelerate use of Fossil Fuels, opposes Veterans use of Medical marijuana, wanted to move African and European Military Commands from the UK to the Azores (see honors for very personal interest here)
Honors:
Grand Officer of the Order of Prince Henry in Portugal
Order of the Star of Romania

Mueller:
Attended Princeton University, left to join the Marines due to his friend dying in the Vietnam War.
Earned a Masters in International Relations from New York University and then graduated from Virginia School of Law with his Doctor of Jurisprudence
Back to the Military Service - went to Officer Training at Parris Island Officer Candidate School, Army Ranger and Army jump School.
Service in Vietnam, Receive Bronze Star for Combat Valor, then returned to as the aide-de-camp to the 3rd marines commanding General, after being injured he returned again to lead his Platoon.
Honors from the Military:
the Bronze Star Medal with Combat “V”, Purple Heart Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals with Combat "V", Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal with three 3⁄16" bronze stars, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, and Parachutist Badge.
Mueller:
I consider myself exceptionally lucky to have made it out of Vietnam. There were many— many—who did not. And perhaps because I did survive Vietnam, I have always felt compelled to contribute.
Then his long Law Career, FBI Career, private sector work and then the lead for the Special Counsel.
NOTE: I did not get into his post military career because I don't want to show favoritism here but unfortunately there is no comparison on who is and will someday be called an American Hero that has shown Grit and Courage.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol
thumbnail.php

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe fox and friends will do it for him though :noidea:

During that same speech he called the people that didn't clap for him UN-American and joked with someone in the audience about that being treason...

SO what is Paul Ryan:

president-barack-obama-state-union-blame.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ.

Mr Trudeau, are you a ninny?

We prefer to be called "hyper-sensitive".

Great character observation:

Devin Nunes
vs
Robert Mueller
Who trump wants fired and sessions to prosecute him.

Lets look at the track records of Nunes vs Mueller in life:

Nunes:
Career Politician, Masters degree in Agriculture never was in the Military, wants to accelerate use of Fossil Fuels, opposes Veterans use of Medical marijuana, wanted to move African and European Military Commands from the UK to the Azores (see honors for very personal interest here)
Honors:
Grand Officer of the Order of Prince Henry in Portugal
Order of the Star of Romania

Mueller:
Attended Princeton University, left to join the Marines due to his friend dying in the Vietnam War.
Earned a Masters in International Relations from New York University and then graduated from Virginia School of Law with his Doctor of Jurisprudence
Back to the Military Service - went to Officer Training at Parris Island Officer Candidate School, Army Ranger and Army jump School.
Service in Vietnam, Receive Bronze Star for Combat Valor, then returned to as the aide-de-camp to the 3rd marines commanding General, after being injured he returned again to lead his Platoon.
Honors from the Military:
the Bronze Star Medal with Combat “V”, Purple Heart Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals with Combat "V", Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal with three 3⁄16" bronze stars, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, and Parachutist Badge.
Mueller:

Then his long Law Career, FBI Career, private sector work and then the lead for the Special Counsel.
NOTE: I did not get into his post military career because I don't want to show favoritism here but unfortunately there is no comparison on who is and will someday be called an American Hero that has shown Grit and Courage.

It is also worth noting that Mueller is a lifelong republican, so is Comey. As is the case with most law enforcement investigative types - they don't care much about anything but finding the guilty party. Some things matter above all else. It takes a special kind of heroism to put the truth to the forefront.

As opposed to Nunes who is willing to expose classified info in order to advance a political party with a 30ish% approval rating.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a rough couple of days out here on the West Coast. He lost it with some tree huggers in Nanaimo the other day.
Telling the one-legged veteran he was "asking for too much" from the gov't wasn't exactly a great look either.

But this is just...what the hell is peoplekind?? And why is Prince Feminist mansplaining feminism lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telling the one-legged veteran he was "asking for too much" from the gov't wasn't exactly a great look either.

But this is just...what the hell is peoplekind?? And why is Prince Feminist mansplaining feminism lol

I don't know what the hell peoplekind is and lol at Prince Feminist.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

uhhh uhhhh we like to say peoplesplaining ... not necessarily mansplaining

:thumb:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was nanaimo where the legless vet was talked down to?

for the most part, that professional protestor crowd was unruly so I was onside with how Trudeau went at them ... they didnt want to talk ... they wanted to scream and disrupt ... they threw a bottle at him and he carried on lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a market correction was certainly due, although it's always a little bit of a shock to see that much of a hit in one day to my RRSP's and other investments. Oh well, just reaffirms my commitment to the Freedom 75 plan lol.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we going to remove the word 'God' from the national anthem as well, I mean if we are going to make it gender neutral, we might as well make it religious neutral.

OPINION: Change to make O Canada gender neutral has been too long coming
Once it happened I just assumed they were coming for god next.

I get the sentiment, I just don't like this exercise where we're spending a lot of time both socially and politically in the past on subjects that aren’t really offending or bothering anyone, or worse making decisions based on a very vocal minority that isn’t totally grounded in fact (like removing Cornwallis’ statue in Halifax because area natives are adamant he was a genocidal maniac, although at worst he may-or-may-not have ordered a killing policy against natives near Halifax who were raiding, stealing and killing settlers themselves).

It's the whole inch/mile thing and every level of gov’t are skipping the hard part and just handing out miles these days.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was nanaimo where the legless vet was talked down to?

for the most part, that professional protestor crowd was unruly so I was onside with how Trudeau went at them ... they didnt want to talk ... they wanted to scream and disrupt ... they threw a bottle at him and he carried on lol
Jesus where's the security screening for these events?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sick as a dog friday and briefly saw that nanaimo was trending on twitter and then saw someone proudly tweeted ... first time nanaimo is trending for a reason other than someone choking to death on a nanaimo bar or a bathtub sinking in deep water during a race and that lifted my spirits

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus where's the security screening for these events?

then that one weird old bag who kept saying PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE about stopping Kinder Morgan approached him and she was cornered by security and she was all ... I just wanted to hug him ... so Trudeau accommodates ... putzes all around lol

/it reminds me of the shitshow Canucks town halls that used to happen with Lord Linden ... with those, the rumour is other NHL teams ... and Bettman asked the canucks, "why are you doing these?" / "why are you so accomodating?" ... and the canucks figured it out and stopped doing them lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then that one weird old bag who kept saying PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE about stopping Kinder Morgan approached him and she was cornered by security and she was all ... I just wanted to hug him ... so Trudeau accommodates ... putzes all around lol

/it reminds me of the shitshow Canucks town halls that used to happen with Lord Linden ... with those, the rumour is other NHL teams ... and Bettman asked the canucks, "why are you doing these?" / "why are you so accomodating?" ... and the canucks figured it out and stopped doing them lol
Ok this is the first I'm hearing that they cancelled those and my day is shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.