• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the one hand, I don't doubt they're right about the limited effectiveness of a waiver. I can think of several legitimate reasons for that to be the case. But, the optics are terrible, and waiving the Act likely wouldn't hurt anything, so why not just do it? There would be no downside.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody dig coal anymore?

Arie Ross, an anti-coal activist who works with the Dogwood Initiative, said she anticipates the decision will negatively impact B.C.'s coal exports.

"I think the denial at Longview will really signify that this is the end of thermal coal exports and that it's is a matter of time before B.C. catches up and finally says no to a super dangerous product that does not bring benefits to B.C.," she said.

Washington state coal project rejected for failing to meet environmental standards

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the news that Jared Kushner registered to vote as a female in New York state, I present to you the following (credit to Twitter):

DKvgJhaV4AAmUgY.jpg:small

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the one hand, I don't doubt they're right about the limited effectiveness of a waiver. I can think of several legitimate reasons for that to be the case. But, the optics are terrible, and waiving the Act likely wouldn't hurt anything, so why not just do it? There would be no downside.

Sounds like we need a maritime lawyer to sort all this out.

Yaaar... if only there be such a person.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Trudeau said his tax increases would only affect the wealthiest taxpayers and lower taxes for the middle-class?

BLOG: 81% of middle-class families pay higher income taxes due to Trudeau government changes

I'm no fan of the cuts to tax credits for a lot things but citing the Fraser Institute about anything a Liberal government is doing is providing a pretty biased point of view.

EDIT: Not to say they're wrong, just that they have no reason to try to find anything positive about the Liberal government.

Last edited:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more concerned about Junior potentially taking away income sprinkling as that directly impacts this Canadian who is self-employed.
Ditto and I'm married to an American and have an EU passport. If that actually progresses through parliament this fall I'm more than ready to relocate. This crap, combined with Junior's voodoo tax cuts and the nightmare the Ontario Libs have us in fiscally isn't leaving much incentive to stick around, and that's without even touching the insane cost of living.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first comment i saw on Facebook on one of the articles for this interview was something along the lines of...

"with all the money you have get a pair of eyeglasses that fit your face, it looks like you stole those ones from a chinese adolescent"

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first comment i saw on Facebook on one of the articles for this interview was something along the lines of...

"with all the money you have get a pair of eyeglasses that fit your face, it looks like you stole those ones from a chinese adolescent"

Also, his hair has gotten darker and thicker over the years....

steven-seagal-hair-loss-300x284.jpg

If there is something I hate more than a baldist, it's a self-hating baldy. Go have drinks with Donald Trump you baldpologist!!

Status
Not open for further replies.