• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few of my wife's co-workers and a friend of mine have admitted this.

Of course, we thought they were morons all along, but still. I have actually seen it happen.

My one friend got sucked into the whole "run the country like a business" bullshit. He sees the error in that thinking now, I'd imagine.

Probably because he's going to lose his health insurance.

Everybody that i know who voted for him are sticking to their guns. I come out and ask them "did you make a mistake?" and they just talk in circles.

It's maddening!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well how much can you expect a 70 year old man to do whose day consists of watching reruns of game shows? Lol

Oh come on, Sbb. That's simply unfair.

Some of those morning game shows are first runs.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
journalism, man

DEdyogNUwAAs64k.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
journalism, man

DEdyogNUwAAs64k.jpg
"Biggest crime in the history of American politics. There's not even a close second."

Man, we're not even a decade removed from a guy who lied about a country having nuclear weapons to start a war that killed 50,000 people, 4,500 of them Americans. Get fucking real here.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Biggest crime in the history of American politics. There's not even a close second."

Man, we're not even a decade removed from a guy who lied about a country having nuclear weapons to start a war that killed 50,000 people, 4,500 of them Americans. Get fucking real here.
It's highly debatable whether what W did was illegal though.

Morally reprehensible? Absolutely. Illegal? Harder to say.

(To be clear, I'm speaking only to the lying part about the WMDs and not some of the other stuff like treaty violations and such, which I think were certainly illegal.)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(To be clear, I'm speaking only to the lying part about the WMDs and not some of the other stuff like treaty violations and such, which I think were certainly illegal.)
And it's not highly debatable that what Trump Jr. did here was illegal, let alone the "biggest crime in the history of American politics"?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
journalism, man

DEdyogNUwAAs64k.jpg

I actually feel this guy's pain. Work your ass off on a case and the end of it is the target just being a fucking idiot.

I had a guy once that I was trying to prove had a connection to a known trafficker in Child ****. For a year and a half I came up with nothing. Then one day the guy in question changed his Facebook cover photo to a picture of him and the bad guy. I almost threw my laptop against a wall.

Okay, so maybe W isn't the best example. Can we say not two decades removed from Iran/Contra and the arming of the Taliban or maybe 3 decades removed from RICHARD FUCKING NIXON?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is truly amazing what Fox News can do with ellipsis - Sometimes they can be used to remove the most damaging part of an e-mail. In the case below, they erased the part about the Russian government wishing to help the Trump campaign.

DEexU9VXkAAOb83.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.) formally introduced an article of impeachment against President Trump on Wednesday that accuses the president of obstructing justice during the federal investigation of Russia’s 2016 election interference.

This is the first time a lawmaker has offered an impeachment article against Trump, and comes as Democrats have debated whether it is politically wise to press the case for impeachment at this time.

A majority vote in the House, currently controlled by Republicans, is required to impeach a president. Republicans have a 46-seat advantage.

So, no chance of it being passed.

House Democrat files article of impeachment against Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.