• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a debacle.

1) Why did they need a confidentiality agreement at all? What made them think one of the most public terror-related cases in Canadian history's conclusion wouldn't be leaked? We sure as shit know this clause wasn't inserted by the plaintiff.

2) Why did they pay the money secretly two days before a motion filed by someone who won a judgment against Khadr (the widow of the US soldier he grenaded) was to be heard?

3) I'm still trying to figure out what part of the charter the government violated here. He was arrested in a foreign land for killing a soldier of an ally and was subject to the clusterfuck of a judicial process that has been Guantanamo Bay for a decade. I haven't seen a single article specifying exactly which charter statutes were violated in his case.

PS it's hilarious that Goodale is pinning this on the Harper Conservative gov't because they wouldn't repatriate him, as if it it wasn't his own party in power at the time he was originally detained and held (shit he was a fucking cabinet minister in Chretien and Martin's governments).

You know what I would like to see happen is for Khadr to take a million (or even 2 million) for himself and donate the rest of the 10.5 shmill settlement to Canadian military families/victims. He deserves some compensation for what happened to him (his rights were definitely violated), but it sure would be nice to help out people whose lives were directly affected by his actions.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I would like to see happen is for Khadr to take a million (or even 2 million) for himself and donate the rest of the 10.5 shmill settlement to Canadian military families/victims. He deserves some compensation for what happened to him (his rights were definitely violated), but it sure would be nice to help out people whose lives were directly affected by his actions.
It's less the fact he's getting money that bugs me (although, like I said, it'd be nice to know exactly which charter rights of his were violated and the fault of the Canadian government) and more the secrecy around all this along with how they basically fucked the widow of the soldier he allegedly killed out of her day in Canadian court, even if her motion was likely to be denied anyway.

It just goes against all of Junior's "openness" and "transparency" ideals that people hold up as proof that he's not just a replicate of Harper who was a replicate of Chretien who was a replicate of Mulroney etc.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sadly, I'd bet the only families that'll be getting most of that $10M will be the spouses of a few lawyers.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how the right said Obama was ruining our world image, once again, redneck nation doesn't know shit about ACTUAL facts and information...

DEJCdnrXkAAI4Li.jpg:large

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how the right said Obama was ruining our world image, once again, redneck nation doesn't know shit about ACTUAL facts and information...

DEJCdnrXkAAI4Li.jpg:large

Every1 in the World outside of America is a cuck. Pure and semple. The USA is the greatest country in the histery of the nation. The rest? there just Commie scum who want wellfair. Look at the names on you're list. UK? It's speled Uck and its not even a real country. Like "Uck! their's vinegar on my freedom fries!" Not a country. LOL. Such fake news!!

Meenwhile the USA has the chepest gas and is the best place on earth. America rulez and their just jellous. This is the best place in the world. Period.

Except for California.

And New York.

And those terible places on the coast's.

Oh, and anywhere that touch's Canadia sucks too. Commie bullshit up there.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You always gotta account for shrinkage gentlemen.

DEKabslXsAMLe_A.jpg

tenor.gif

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice that the G20 summit has a take your daughter to work day.

Ivamka-826331.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.