• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC Already Affecting Recruiting

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, this is what I love about that Horn philosophy. Screw the 3 and 4 star recruits that actually love playing the game. Instead they want all the 5 stars....with rap sheets longer than a first down marker. Remember when USC got all high and mighty on their program and went 5 star recruits 2 deep at every position? Yeahhhhhh, how did that work out for them again? Welcome to the dark years Texas. You won't be playing Rice every week.

LMAO. You may be the biggest idiot on this board.

Tell us, how many stars was Colt McCoy? Jordan Shipley? Quan Cosby? Blaine Irby?

The fact you're here commenting on our "philosophy" when you don't even know what youre talking about is HILARIOUS.

Please, post again about the Texas roster you don't have a clue about, I dare ya

NoShortcuts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thank you for making my point dumbass. Colt McCoy, 3 star winner. Garrett Gilbert, 5 star flop.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for making my point dumbass. Colt McCoy, 3 star winner. Garrett Gilbert, 5 star flop.

LOL - no, you had no point, and still don't. YOU posted Texas doesn't go after 3 and 4 star talent. Colt was one, so is Shipley, WHO'S ON THE ROSTER RIGHT NOW DUMBASS

There are actually more 3 and 4 star players than any others on the roster, DUMBASS

And none of the recruits have a record coming in, DUMBASS

You fail, pretty spectacularly. As far as 5 stars go, VY was a 5 star, yeah, those 5 star guys suck

WOW, I KNEW you'd be stupid enough to post again......I was hoping you were smarter than this, but apparently not.

NoShortcuts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow, just because I referenced USC, I did not say that was EXACTLY what the horns were doing. Just that you are sooooo proud of your top recruiting classes. Those that got you to 5-7 last year, and on track for that or worse this year. But it's cool, I understand your anger. It can't be easy to watch your school jump into quicksand, and then get upset not just bc other schools won't follow, but they just walk away from you and your mess altogether. Enjoy that for the next decade.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just because I referenced USC, I did not say that was EXACTLY what the horns were doing. Just that you are sooooo proud of your top recruiting classes. Those that got you to 5-7 last year, and on track for that or worse this year. But it's cool, I understand your anger. It can't be easy to watch your school jump into quicksand, and then get upset not just bc other schools won't follow, but they just walk away from you and your mess altogether. Enjoy that for the next decade.

LMAO

what, no witty comebacks? YOU failed in every argument YOU brought into this, now you're trying to change the subject?

LMAO, I WILL enjoy my team's season.....because even a child understands last year is not THIS year.

Bsscowboy835

Supreme Chancellor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMAO

what, no witty comebacks? YOU failed in every argument YOU brought into this, now you're trying to change the subject?

LMAO, I WILL enjoy my team's season.....because even a child understands last year is not THIS year.

I don't know Star. The Rice game looked like a carbon copy of last year's game. The score was almost the same and Texas had to pull out a couple of trick plays to score touchdowns. Plus, they don't get as many easy home games as they had last year. They may be improved, but there is good chance it won't show on their record.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Star. The Rice game looked like a carbon copy of last year's game. The score was almost the same and Texas had to pull out a couple of trick plays to score touchdowns. Plus, they don't get as many easy home games as they had last year. They may be improved, but there is good chance it won't show on their record.

No, it didn't. You clearly didn't watch the game.

Texas racked up over 500 yards of offense. Tell me how many times they did that last year.

They had over 200 yards rushing.....which opened up playaction, and they were able to throw deep. Tell me how many times they did that last year.

NOTHING about that game was similar to last year outside of the score.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert still sucks. His numbers look better because of him throwing it up to Mike Davis.

That little pitch back he tried to do in order to avoid a sack that almost resulted in a fumble was horrific.

Bsscowboy835

Supreme Chancellor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I watched it on internet stream

I'm not trying to stir up anything, but isn't the score all that matters?

Gilbert was 13-23, 239 yds. Steady, but he will have to perform better to win against an AQ team. For what its worth, I think he will be replaced by Ash.
Texas' defense allowed 4.3 yards per carry to Rice
They gained more yards, but they also gave up more yards.

I'm not saying there wasn't improvement, but the game was in doubt well into the 3rd quarter. I'm not going to jump to conclusions, we'll need to wait to see how they do against a top 70 team, but I don't think I'm alone in the fact that I was surprised Texas had to pull out the trick plays to win. Again, the coming weeks will give us a better idea

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it on internet stream

I'm not trying to stir up anything, but isn't the score all that matters?

Gilbert was 13-23, 239 yds. Steady, but he will have to perform better to win against an AQ team. For what its worth, I think he will be replaced by Ash.
Texas' defense allowed 4.3 yards per carry to Rice
They gained more yards, but they also gave up more yards.

I'm not saying there wasn't improvement, but the game was in doubt well into the 3rd quarter. I'm not going to jump to conclusions, we'll need to wait to see how they do against a top 70 team, but I don't think I'm alone in the fact that I was surprised Texas had to pull out the trick plays to win. Again, the coming weeks will give us a better idea

The game was never in doubt. Rice never got close to getting in the endzone.

Once again - over 500 yards of offense......over 200 yards rushing. These are both things Texas didn't manage to put up on ANYBODY last year, and this is a new scheme. What you see right now is not what you'll see by the end of the year.

This Texas team in September is about growth, improvement, and knowing the scheme and plays. I fully expect by November they'll be much crisper, more disciplined, and everyone will know their role.

The only problem I see currently is if Gilbert is still starting......

Bsscowboy835

Supreme Chancellor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The game was never in doubt. Rice never got close to getting in the endzone.

Once again - over 500 yards of offense......over 200 yards rushing. These are both things Texas didn't manage to put up on ANYBODY last year, and this is a new scheme. What you see right now is not what you'll see by the end of the year.

This Texas team in September is about growth, improvement, and knowing the scheme and plays. I fully expect by November they'll be much crisper, more disciplined, and everyone will know their role.

The only problem I see currently is if Gilbert is still starting......

Ok. I can agree with most of that; however, Rice had a first and goal on the Texas 2 (moved back to the 7 on a false start) in the 3rd. A touchdown would have tied the game. Other than that, I can understand your optimism.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I can agree with most of that; however, Rice had a first and goal on the Texas 2 (moved back to the 7 on a false start) in the 3rd. A touchdown would have tied the game. Other than that, I can understand your optimism.

We can even lose a game or two and I'll still be happy if we see IMPROVEMENT, something we did not see last year. I fully expect there to be growing pains.

What I liked was nonstop motion, multiple personnel groupings nearly every play, and the ability to throw further than 5 yards down the field. I also like to see Harsin get aggressive......take the first and five from the GL in the second half.

Last year, GDGD looks at that situation as 3 chances to get 5 yards. Harsin looks at it as a chance to go deep.

I also like the fact that the defense blitzes from pretty much any and everywhere nearly every play. You have NO IDEA who is coming, and where they're coming from.

I couldn't ask for more following that disaster last season.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will want to go play in the Pac16 or dying Big12. Texas A&M will soon be the top football program in the state of Texas.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M just swiped Colin Blake, who chose A&M based on "Gameday experience" and "Competition they will play in the SEC." Interesting. Many had thought he was awaiting a scholarship offer from Texas.

I think it had more to do with that pretty little Valentine's Day letter aTm sent to him...